Sprint Best Buy Note 7 return

st

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been in no hurry to return my note 7 but found myself at best buy today so I asked some questions.

Is there a timeline as to when you must bring in your note 7? NO not yet

I pre-ordered and essentially bought the phone on my sprint upgrade for one time $349, if i turn in my note 7 how much will a s7 edge cost me with the $100 from Samsung? Get this, you don't get the retail value of the note 7 you get the 349 + tax you paid against the $750 + tax the s7 edge you didn't want in the first place, so the s7 edge will cost you an additional $300+. Talk about a kick in the teeth.

For all of us who were worried about losing our upgrade. Well sprint terminated the 2 year upgrade as of Oct 8th or 9th. Thus the reason you have to come out of pocket for the edge.

So all the incentives that Samsung is trying to make sound like a good deal are really of no use for someone who bought their note 7 with an upgrade on sprint.

I plan to keep the note 7 until the last possible day. Mine works fine and I have no intent to blow another day setting up yet another phone. Yes I did swap mine when they became available. I am tempted by the LG v20 but sprint is being secretive about the pricing.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
In my case I can't even get a replacement. I ended up with a free Note 7 because of an administrative mistake during the recall, but now no dice on getting anything from anyone. I've asked Samsung to send me a letter saying that it's okay to use my Note 7 :p

Kidding aside though, at least in Canada Samsung does not generally seem to be honoring 2nd hand purchases or devices obtained through contests or other promotions that would have given someone a "free" device.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been in no hurry to return my note 7 but found myself at best buy today so I asked some questions.

I pre-ordered and essentially bought the phone on my sprint upgrade for one time $349, if i turn in my note 7 how much will a s7 edge cost me with the $100 from Samsung? Get this, you don't get the retail value of the note 7 you get the 349 + tax you paid against the $750 + tax the s7 edge you didn't want in the first place, so the s7 edge will cost you an additional $300+. Talk about a kick in the teeth.

For all of us who were worried about losing our upgrade. Well sprint terminated the 2 year upgrade as of Oct 8th or 9th. Thus the reason you have to come out of pocket for the edge.

So all the incentives that Samsung is trying to make sound like a good deal are really of no use for someone who bought their note 7 with an upgrade on sprint.

I plan to keep the note 7 until the last possible day. Mine works fine and I have no intent to blow another day setting up yet another phone. Yes I did swap mine when they became available. I am tempted by the LG v20 but sprint is being secretive about the pricing.

Sorry but please get your info correct. If you log into sprint.com you can still get a 2 year contract on any phone they sell. Spreading false info here.

st

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What would be the advantage of your two year contract? The only reason I am doing a two year contract is to get the benefit of an upgrade subsidy. Smart arse.

st

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I should inform that I have been with Sprint since 2002 so this is not a knock on Sprint just the cruel reality of people who bought their upgrade note 7 at best buy on sprint.

Devenchi

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

That's the reason why I haven't returned mine yet. They didn't have answers about the two year agreement.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I was at Best Buy on Monday and they can do a hardware swap and You Will get The difference back and it shouldn't be a problem Then you'll get the Credit for hundred dollars from samsung on your sprint bill so you it will end up costing you about two hundred dollars plus the tax of the total cost of the phone

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Your information is incorrect. If you have been with sprint that long you should be on a legacy plan and will still be offered a 2 year subsidy after you return your note 7 and have sprint reset your eligibility, although as pointed out above they are offering two year contract pricing to new customers still. I know this for a fact as I just did the same thing on Monday, had my contract eligibility reset after buying a brand new S7 Edge from swappa (only opened for pictures for swappa) for around the same price as the subsidized S7 Edge price so I wouldn't be tied to a device for two years I originally didn't intend to purchase. Immediately after returning my note 7 and having the rep call sprint to reset my eligibility my account showed I am eligible for an upgrade when i log in and when i go to the shop now section I am offered 3 different payment options, 2 year contract price, monthly installments and full price.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
You can still do 2 years but only online with Sprint
Yes, I looked into to this a couple of months ago, my dad insists on only getting "free" phones and not financing we constantly argue about which plan is smarter. Sprint is of of the few major carriers that does 2 year contract agreements.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
What would be the advantage of your two year contract? The only reason I am doing a two year contract is to get the benefit of an upgrade subsidy. Smart arse.

Well Dumb arse yes you can get it online subsidized with a 2 year contract so get the facts right.

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
When returning on the 1st day of the 2nd recall, Best Buy/Sprint honored my subsidized upgrade retroactively and even credited me$50 back in the DC area.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Dont know but I would stay away from it. I almost went that route when getting my Note 7 until I asked a sprint rep. Would have ended up paying $350 upfront and still have to pay a monthly access fee for the phone/contract of like $25 I believe which would in the end making the note 7 a $949 phone.

vkeitt21

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I just came from my local Sprint store trying to activate my Moto G4 to replace my N7 (didn't work) and also see about pre-ordering the LG V20. While I was in there, another guy came in to turn in his N7, and he mentioned that he had heard that Samsung was going to be sending some N5s to Sprint. The manager confirmed she had heard that too but couldn't say for sure when the N5 would be arriving in the stores. I was thinking hard about it, but I didn't want to be stuck waiting a long time so I just went ahead and went through with my preorder.

lainiest

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I am having to transfer all of my data back to my Note 4. Take the Note 7 to a store and get my 349.99 back. Then go online to get a 2 year deal. Sprint is intent on giving us all new contracts. Forget that we've been in one since August. I don't want to be stuck without a Note.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

The advantage is that you can get the S7 Edge for $200 (after $50 rebate) if you get the 2-year contract via Sprint online. That's what I had to do so I would not get charged the full retail price for the S7 Edge at BB even though I now had an eligible upgrade line once I returned the Note 7. No need to insult people BTW just because you can't grasp what they are trying to tell you...

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Dont know but I would stay away from it. I almost went that route when getting my Note 7 until I asked a sprint rep. Would have ended up paying $350 upfront and still have to pay a monthly access fee for the phone/contract of like $25 I believe which would in the end making the note 7 a $949 phone.

Sounds like you got some bum info from Sprint. You either get the subsidized contract for $350 + $30 activation and no other line charges (nless you didn't already have a smart phone on your line which results in a $10 per month premium data fee) or you could get the phone with installment payments of $25 month, you would not have had to pay both. The subsidized phone would have been $350 out of pocket but would be locked into 2-years.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Sprint just refunded last months bill and also device payments for the note 7 at a earlier time.
Not going to call and ask I'll just take the credit thanks

st

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Insult... kind of like "can't grasp." My post was about BEST BUY, and the info I was given there about how I would have to roll into an edge for additional monies. I have a firm grasp of the english language.

I do not want to use my upgrade on a downgrade to the edge. Are you saying you can buy the edge for $200 without an upgrade? I don't think that is what you are writing. I am hoping Samsung offers the same policy they are now offering in Korea and all will be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol