How locked down will the Note 7 be?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I know the Snapdragon 820 equipt S7's have given people fits... I was wondering if there have been any leaks as to how chained up the Note 7 (either version) will be?

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Man I asked the question and no answer I bought this s7 Tmobile and it was locked down but we do have root now for the S7 hopefully note 7 will be unlocked

Posted via the Android Central App

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Root has gone the way of the removable battery, the IR blaster and the dinosaur... at least on AT&T. I have given up on that even being a factor in the ownership of the device. Those days are gone, and I seriously doubt they will ever come back.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Man I asked the question and no answer I bought this s7 Tmobile and it was locked down but we do have root now for the S7 hopefully note 7 will be unlocked

I tried rooting my S7 Edge so I could use Adaway but gave that up and restored to stock after two weeks. Even after adjusting the CPU cores and making other adjustments, the battery life and lag was far worse then my non rooted S7 Edge. Plus with a locked boot loader, you can't use any custom ROMs.

I think it's very likely that the Note 7 will be locked as well. It's just the way Samsung is going in the US. T-Mobile blamed Samsung for this.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
With Package Disabler Pro that will allow you to disable anything, I haven't had a need for rooting a Samsung.

I understand the reviews on Google Play can be subjective and sometimes bogus. Since you have this app, does it perform as advertised? Do you get killed with ads? Battery sucker? I'd like a real world user review. Thanks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand the reviews on Google Play can be subjective and sometimes bogus. Since you have this app, does it perform as advertised? Do you get killed with ads? Battery sucker? I'd like a real world user review. Thanks!
There are no ads, it is a paid app. It wasn't that much, a couple of bucks.

You can disable everything, even some
system files, so you have to be careful with it. It doesn't run in the background. You just choose what to disable and then close it down.

Here is a screenshot of a few that usually require root to disable

64740f40e119a23eb938c8d121a04f4c.jpg

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This is good to know. Seriously considering the Note, after all these years of iPhoning.

There are no ads, it is a paid app. It wasn't that much, a couple of bucks.

You can disable everything, even some
system files, so you have to be careful with it. It doesn't run in the background. You just choose what to disable and then close it down.

Here is a screenshot of a few that usually require root to disable

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160810/64740f40e119a23eb938c8d121a04f4c.jpg

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Please forgive if this is a bit of a noob response. ( this is my first post on android central!), but isn't it possible to disable any app note from within Android app management?

mcook1670

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven' t rooted a Samsung phone since the Note 4. I really haven't had a need anymore. You can disable almost all of the Samsung apps (although I use most of them), and Tmobile gives me 7GB of tethering a month ( hardly use it anymore).

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
It's partially the concept for me, if I buy a device then I want root command privileges. Even if I never use them... :)

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive if this is a bit of a noob response. ( this is my first post on android central!), but isn't it possible to disable any app note from within Android app management?

It us possible to disable SOME apps thru Android management but with this app you can disable more plus the process is much simpler and less tedious as disabling apps thru Android require 2 to 3 clicks per app.

via S7 Active Beast -- Peerless Note 4 -- Beautiful Note 7

importcraz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven' t rooted a Samsung phone since the Note 4. I really haven't had a need anymore. You can disable almost all of the Samsung apps (although I use most of them), and Tmobile gives me 7GB of tethering a month ( hardly use it anymore).

I burn through 14gb . As I hotspot in my vehicle.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There's other need besides disable bloat for root. Wifi tether router for one (free hotspot) amongst other things.

I agree, there is also complete backups for all apps with data, all apps in multiview, and my personal favorite, a terminal emulator with BusyBox for access to the command line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1