05-12-2016 04:10 PM
169 1234 ...
tools
    From what I heard is Samsung is going to unveil their rumored foldable phone in the fall. I believe the Note line would be gone as the S7 pretty much similar to the Note series

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2016 06:25 AM
    From what I heard is Samsung is going to unveil their rumored foldable phone in the fall. I believe the Note line would be gone as the S7 pretty much similar to the Note series

Oh really as long as the keep the pen it's all good
    anon(427874) likes this.
    01-10-2016 08:39 AM
    How about an unlocked Note 6, for all carriers, sold by Samsung.
    01-10-2016 10:10 AM
    I may have already posted. My memory sucks. But anyway all I want are a bigger battery, 64 gb standard, ir blaster back. I wish they wouldn't go usb 3 but they will. Why do you guys want to have to buy all new accessories? Total pita.
    01-12-2016 11:41 AM
    Since the edge and edge + were such HUGE hits than the Note 5 sales, would it be so bad if Samsung combined the edge and note series together? We already have the curved back with the Note 5. If we could have the curved edge , better optimized camera, BIGGER removable battery and SD card, plus the Note features it would be a huge seller. Still would like the Note 6 to be maybe 5.4" or 5" with the same resolution or higher. Note 5's 5.7" is my limit.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    01-13-2016 11:51 AM

That's what I was wondering. They're putting the larger edge, similar to Note Edge, out at the same time as the S7. Three phones. No mention of an spen or similar. Maybe they figure few people use it. Only a few options posted here included anything about a better spen. Maybe they have earlier versions. Some of us with the Note 5 want a better one. Mines fine, but I'd like it to be able to go in one way only and durable.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    01-13-2016 04:29 PM
    Still going to be getting a 12-megapixel camera sensor with the Galaxy Note 6 unfortunately.

It doesn't matter though cause mega pixels aren't everything you can have a 30 mega pixel phone and a 20 mega pixel phone and the 20 mp could be better as you can see the iPhone 6s is 12 mp and is almost as good as note 5 which has a 16mp canera
    01-14-2016 09:22 AM
    QUOTE=Synycalwon;4949062]For me the Note 6 must have two things before I'll consider it to replace my Note 4:

1. Screen size of at least 5.9"
    2. A user-replaceable battery

I wouldnt mind a bigger screen if they can keep the size of the phone note 4 size or smaller. I am not ready to be carrying a 6 inch screen phone that looks like the old galaxy mega.

Removable batteries are prob gone, but hopefully it will be the 3600mah that has been mentioned for the s7 edge plus.

The note 4 and note 5 are good size phones to have. I don't want them making it bigger "just beacuse" phone sizes have increased.

Just my opinion.. i love the notes, and love current screen size, dont need 4k, dont need foldable screen, give me a bigger battery and expandable storage and keep the spen features and it will be a winner n my book.

And a 12 megapixel camera may not be bad.. megapixel count isn't the final say.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    anon(427874) likes this.
    01-14-2016 09:28 AM
    They could keep the size down by reducing the bezels. It wouldn't stay Note 4/5 size but should at least be smaller than the Mega (size comparison here), probably more like the size of the Nexus 6 (size comparison here). At this point I'm just so used to the 5.7" screen and size of my Note 4 that it feels small now, so a bump to 5.9" would be an enticing selling point.

I'm holding out hope, but you're right the user-replaceable battery is probably gone. If that ends up being the case I'll hold on to my Note 4 a while longer and look at other options as it's just such an invaluable feature to me.
    I could prob get behind a nexus 6 size note.

As far as the battery, i bounce between notes and motorola droids, so i am used to non removable backs.

The other issue is the note 5 really needed at least a 3500mah battery in my opinion to make up for non removable battery, and to be an all day phone for someone who uses A LOT at work. If the increase the screen to 5.9 we def need a bigger battery on board!!

Hopefully the note6 will be something i really want lol

01-14-2016 07:07 PM
    I don't mind a 12MP camera.

Megapixels don't really matter as much nowadays. If the individual pixels are larger, the f/1.7 aperture is true and OIS stays, it's going to be yet another superb camera.
    01-14-2016 11:01 PM
    I want Steve Harvey to announce the new Samsung Note is the note 7 not 6 lol

Carlo Villa likes this.
    01-15-2016 02:32 AM
    Yes on the bigger screen and stereo speakers!
    01-16-2016 01:09 AM
    Bring back the high screen sensitivity for use with gloves on. Feature was on the Note 3 and Note 4, loved using my phone in the winter without removing my gloves.

01-16-2016 12:23 PM
    Bring back the high screen sensitivity for use with gloves on. Feature was on the Note 3 and Note 4, loved using my phone in the winter without removing my gloves.

Wait , did they take it out of the Note 5?? I don't think so.
    01-16-2016 02:14 PM
    I Love the note series for many reasons especially the big screen, but samsung has forgot many things with the note 5. That could be added to the note 6 to make it a killer phone. What would you like to see on it hardware, software, looks anything add you thoughts and opinions here.
    I'd like to see:

Hardware
    -MicroSD support
    -at least a 64GB variant
    -IR Blaster (not a deal breaker though)
    -Exynos 8 at the very least
    -6GB RAM (but I'm happy to settle with 4GB).

Software
    -A better spaced keyboard
    -Better RAM Manager
    -A return of the deeper Power Save Settings e.g. being able to tick CPU and Display Power Save or just 1 of them
    -More mature colours, hate the Yellow/Mastard in Message app.
    01-16-2016 05:31 PM
    Wait , did they take it out of the Note 5?? I don't think so.
    Note 3 and 4 worked with my gloves, had the option to increase screen sensitivity, Note 5 is missing this toggle.

I've seen many claims online that it's on by default, but it doesn't really work for me. Considering it is -8 outside right now I'd love to have that feature back.

01-16-2016 05:39 PM
    Note 3 and 4 worked with my gloves, had the option to increase screen sensitivity, Note 5 is missing this toggle.

I've seen many claims online that it's on by default, but it doesn't really work for me. Considering it is -8 outside right now I'd love to have that feature back.

Hmm. I checked in my settings and you're right. I didn't even realize they took this out. That Really sucks!
    01-16-2016 11:27 PM
    - higher resolution screen (4k) for us VR geeks!

- programmable S-pen and eraser button that can be programmable as well (open specific apps)

- at least 6gb, more like 8gb ram.

- a beast of a processor.

- dedicated camera button that can be deactivated in the settings menu so there aren't any mistake presses.

- Same glass body, same sealed battery, same sealed SD card.

- Better software features. Like more Unlock animations other than only 2 choices.

01-17-2016 02:00 AM

- programmable S-pen and eraser button that can be programmable as well (open specific apps)

- dedicated camera button that can be deactivated in the settings menu so there aren't any mistake presses.

- Better software features. Like more Unlock animations other than only 2 choices.

I would rather see those features on the edged phone as mire if an entertainment phone, and leave the note as a work style phone.

Just my opinion, but if they made the edged plus phones for the serious gamer or entertainment person, and kept the note line for the work minded, it would be better for both types of people. I dont need 4k sucking down a battery when the quadhd is so beautiful.

Seperate the note line a little more from the other ones and you hit all the marks without anyone losing anything

01-17-2016 09:01 AM

The Android 6.0 update for the note 5 gets Friday of all unlock effects so I only have 1 by default but it can't change that it's a very simple one
    They might put it on the official 6.0 update but it's not on the beta soo
    01-17-2016 07:56 PM
    More efficient chipset, larger battery, better speakers (dual front facing is one way to go), peel back even more of touchwiz. Further distance on S-Pen, tighter buttons, and a dedicated silent silent switch like the iPhone and one plus. Always looking forward to more speed, more ram, and more storage
    01-17-2016 08:12 PM
    I am using my touch capacitive gloves and the phone responds , so I don't think they took it out of the note 5.
    01-18-2016 04:09 PM
    oh and something I forgot:

Dedicated sound, vibrate and mute button I think Apple and the Opo 2 have that and it's brilliant
    01-20-2016 04:42 AM
    All I can say is my trusty Note 4 will be 2 years old this yea, but if they don't put the SD and the removable battery, I will stay with Note 4 or jump ship to another brand that has those features..

I am a heavy user and always on the move, fast too. I carry 3 spare batteries, and I swap out batteries in the 10 to 15 second range. I have a 128 sd card, which is almost filled. Going to the 200gb sd, trying to wait for a 256.
    Carrtman, Tatt2014 and sandra_17 like this.
    01-20-2016 07:02 AM
    All I can say is my trusty Note 4 will be 2 years old this yea, but if they don't put the SD and the removable battery, I will stay with Note 4 or jump ship to another brand that has those features..

I am a heavy user and always on the move, fast too. I carry 3 spare batteries, and I swap out batteries in the 10 to 15 second range. I have a 128 sd card, which is almost filled. Going to the 200gb sd, trying to wait for a 256.
    While i dont use it to that extent, i completely agree. The note series was "more than just a phone ". I understand that most cell phones have caught up, the note should still be a bar higher, memory, battery, a true powerhouse. Not a 4k screen status symbol, because its not supposed to be a bigger s6. Its supposed to be the galaxy note, the next big step up..

CehowardNote7 likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:25 PM
169 1234 ...