05-12-2016 04:10 PM
169 ... 567
tools
    I've been thinking... Many of us are expecting a huge improvement over the Note 5. To me a huge improvement is simply adding expandable storage. That's the only way I buy the phone.

Let's forget about the 4k screen. I highly doubt that'll happen.

IR blaster probably isn't coming back.

Forget the iris scanner.

Here's what I'm beginning to expect out of the Note 6.

Probably sticking to a 32gb variant like they have been.

6gb RAM

Obviously a faster processor.

Expandable memory up to or over 200gb.

A camera with a better sensor like the S7.

A battery that's 3600 mAh or larger.

Probably water resistant like the S7 line.

I don't think we'll be seeing a huge revamp this year. People are just expecting too much. It's getting kind of crazy. Expect the next overhaul to be the Note 7. Just saying. I'll eat my words of I'm wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 06:45 AM
    I bet yer wrong.
    Look at Apple, didn't they come out with a 4k screen ?
    I think with the Note 6 gonna be bigger, it's gonna have a bigger that 3600ah battery.
    If it's got a SD card, to me it has already beat the note 5. And I hear it's gonna be like a 256k.
    With 6 Gb ram that is also a plus.
    I understand it's suppose to have a faster processor too.
    That's a big plus.
    To me everything I've heard is positive.
    04-27-2016 07:22 AM
    The only negative I've heard on the N6 is that it won't have a removable battery. I carry a spare battery all the time for my N4. It is comforting to know I've got an extra juiced up battery, it beats carrying a charger and cord, and in a pinch I can swap out my spent battery and be on the road again in 30 seconds, including start up time. I'll miss it, but I guess that's the price of progress.

04-27-2016 08:22 AM
    Bet yer note 4, don't have a fast charger.
    If they make the note 6 with a 4000ah battery like we've heard. That is a nice size battery.
    And the newer phones has Lithium Ion batteries.
    Don't think the note 4 came with a Lithium Ion battery.
    Big difference.
    With everything that you get with the new phones like processor speed, ram, better camera and all
    Hard to believe it don't outweigh some things you don't get.
    04-27-2016 09:31 AM
    When I got the Note 5, people kept saying it wasn't much of an improvement over the Note 4 (without considering the no sd card and nonremovable battery). Was that true? If so, wouldn't the Note 6 be a major upgrade? Most phones are like that. The S5 was great, but I didn't like the S6 as there wasn't much of an improvement, and the S7 looks great as well.

So what's everyone's opinion on the Note series? Similar upgrades of every other series or every Note is a major upgrade from the previous? Or has it varied?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    04-27-2016 09:53 AM
    I had the S5 when it came out. Enjoyed it.
    Bought the S6. The S6 has better yet life and a faster processor . My wife has the S6 now. Gave the S5 to a friend who dropped his iPhone and broke it.
    I got the S7 edge. Great phone, good battery life. Fast processor.
    Got a couple friends with the Note 5. They are happy with them. Got several friends with note 3 & note 4.
    They are all ready to jump on the note 6.
    They will be like me. With football helmet and pads on standing at the front door when it opens. Tackle anybody that gets in front of them. We are all gonna pay cash for it. Don't like phone plans.
    04-27-2016 10:54 AM
    I bet yer wrong.
    Look at Apple, didn't they come out with a 4k screen ?
    I think with the Note 6 gonna be bigger, it's gonna have a bigger that 3600ah battery.
    If it's got a SD card, to me it has already beat the note 5. And I hear it's gonna be like a 256k.
    With 6 Gb ram that is also a plus.
    I understand it's suppose to have a faster processor too.
    That's a big plus.
    To me everything I've heard is positive.
    No apple doesn't have a 4k screen... WHAT??

04-27-2016 02:25 PM
    04-27-2016 02:43 PM
    You can probably play the file but it will only display at the maximum resolution the iPhone screen can handle.

04-27-2016 03:49 PM
    If they make the note 6 with a 4000ah battery like we've heard. That is a nice size battery.
    Big difference.
    With everything that you get with the new phones like processor speed, ram, better camera and all
    Are you smoking crack? The note 4 has fast changing with the adapter that is ships with, I know I own a note 4.
    scholaryoshi likes this.
    04-27-2016 03:53 PM
    Dang bro you gotta stop smoking that crack! Plus not everything you read on the internet is the truth you know!! lol
    04-27-2016 03:55 PM
    Another reason the note 6 should have a 4k display.
    And I don't do drugs.
    04-27-2016 06:17 PM
    Your eyes probably can't tell the difference between 4 k and QHD on a device that small.
    TechNut79 and debdroid1a like this.
    04-27-2016 08:38 PM
    In the event that the external SD card returns to the Note 6, I hope that Samsung solves the external SD card problem that is happening with S7.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...p-help-20.html
    I also hope that internal SD card storage has a 64GB minimum option. 32GB internal is actaully ~ 20-21GB after removing the capacity consumed by the OS.
    04-28-2016 06:24 AM
    In the event that the external SD card returns to the Note 6, I hope that Samsung solves the external SD card problem that is happening with S7.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...p-help-20.html
    I also hope that internal SD card has a 64GB minimum option. 32GB internal is actaully ~ 20-21GB after removing the capacity consumed by the OS.
    It's not an internal SD card, it's just internal storage. Flash memory. Other than that, I'm sure Samsung would have figured out and solved the issue well before the release of the Note 6. Sometimes 32gb internal storage is enough, my wife for example doesn't need so much. She has the s7 with 32gb. She most likely won't fill it up and if she does, we'll just buy an SD card. The premium that manufacturers charge for more internal memory is ridiculous. SD cards are far cheaper.

04-28-2016 07:58 AM
    Another reason the note 6 should have a 4k display.
    And I don't do drugs.
    Sammy Sosa, Mark Mcguire, Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds also said they didn't do drugs.
    :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    TechNut79 likes this.
    04-28-2016 12:51 PM
    I'd love to get some new features and see some old ones come back mainly:
    • SD Card
    • Waterproofing
    • USB C
    • QC 3.0
    • Please please please bring back the IR blaster!
    • 6GB Ram
    04-29-2016 10:12 AM
    Big difference.
    1. The note 4 was one of the first phones to have fast charging!
    2. All smart phones have lithium Ion batteries. You can't run the more sensitive hardware of smartphones on Ni-cad. Check out the original galaxy phone specs if you don't believe me.
    Samsung Vibrant - Full phone specifications
    04-29-2016 10:18 AM
    Was a huge fan of Samsung phones, then blindly upgraded from a Note 3 to the Note 6 Edge and have been dissapointed ever since. Really liked the idea of an edge that enabled one touch apps... but soon learned that went away and this one you had to "slide the side" (like my Note 3) to see more apps. Also eliminated the SD Card and IR Blaster (apparently I'm one of the few that found the IR Blaster incredibly useful).

Soooo, I really really hope they bring back the IR blaster (and it seems like a forgone conclusion that the SD card will be back, so that's good).

-Dustin
    05-12-2016 04:10 PM
169 ... 567