Samsung Galaxy Note 6

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Wait , did they take it out of the Note 5?? I don't think so.

Note 3 and 4 worked with my gloves, had the option to increase screen sensitivity, Note 5 is missing this toggle.

I've seen many claims online that it's on by default, but it doesn't really work for me. Considering it is -8 outside right now I'd love to have that feature back.

Posted via the Android Central App

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Note 3 and 4 worked with my gloves, had the option to increase screen sensitivity, Note 5 is missing this toggle.

I've seen many claims online that it's on by default, but it doesn't really work for me. Considering it is -8 outside right now I'd love to have that feature back.

Hmm. I checked in my settings and you're right. I didn't even realize they took this out. That Really sucks!

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
- higher resolution screen (4k) for us VR geeks!

- programmable S-pen and eraser button that can be programmable as well (open specific apps)

- at least 6gb, more like 8gb ram.

- a beast of a processor.

- dedicated camera button that can be deactivated in the settings menu so there aren't any mistake presses.

- Same glass body, same sealed battery, same sealed SD card.

- Better software features. Like more Unlock animations other than only 2 choices.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

- programmable S-pen and eraser button that can be programmable as well (open specific apps)

- dedicated camera button that can be deactivated in the settings menu so there aren't any mistake presses.

- Better software features. Like more Unlock animations other than only 2 choices.

I would rather see those features on the edged phone as mire if an entertainment phone, and leave the note as a work style phone.

Just my opinion, but if they made the edged plus phones for the serious gamer or entertainment person, and kept the note line for the work minded, it would be better for both types of people. I dont need 4k sucking down a battery when the quadhd is so beautiful.

Seperate the note line a little more from the other ones and you hit all the marks without anyone losing anything

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

The Android 6.0 update for the note 5 gets Friday of all unlock effects so I only have 1 by default but it can't change that it's a very simple one
They might put it on the official 6.0 update but it's not on the beta soo

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
More efficient chipset, larger battery, better speakers (dual front facing is one way to go), peel back even more of touchwiz. Further distance on S-Pen, tighter buttons, and a dedicated silent silent switch like the iPhone and one plus. Always looking forward to more speed, more ram, and more storage :)

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
oh and something I forgot:

Dedicated sound, vibrate and mute button I think Apple and the Opo 2 have that and it's brilliant

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is my trusty Note 4 will be 2 years old this yea, but if they don't put the SD and the removable battery, I will stay with Note 4 or jump ship to another brand that has those features..

I am a heavy user and always on the move, fast too. I carry 3 spare batteries, and I swap out batteries in the 10 to 15 second range. I have a 128 sd card, which is almost filled. Going to the 200gb sd, trying to wait for a 256.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is my trusty Note 4 will be 2 years old this yea, but if they don't put the SD and the removable battery, I will stay with Note 4 or jump ship to another brand that has those features..

I am a heavy user and always on the move, fast too. I carry 3 spare batteries, and I swap out batteries in the 10 to 15 second range. I have a 128 sd card, which is almost filled. Going to the 200gb sd, trying to wait for a 256.

While i dont use it to that extent, i completely agree. The note series was "more than just a phone ". I understand that most cell phones have caught up, the note should still be a bar higher, memory, battery, a true powerhouse. Not a 4k screen status symbol, because its not supposed to be a bigger s6. Its supposed to be the galaxy note, the next big step up..

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Better louder speakers!!
Removable battery
SD card slot

Note 4 still going strong so far. I will keep it if they don't give at least those

Posted via My Note 4

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Better louder speakers!!
Removable battery
SD card slot

Note 4 still going strong so far. I will keep it if they don't give at least those

Posted via My Note 4

The speaker on the note5 is pretty loud, having stereo speakers would probably increase size and cost.

As far as the note4, my younger daughter still has mine i gave her last year, still a top phone for sure!! Arguably the best of the notes so far!

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just thought of this, more Than 3 app shortcuts from the S-pen. In fact, let it be unlimited and customizable. I find when I'm multitasking, I'd rather have a shortcut app to take me straight to app drawer instead of hitting home button and then swiping to find my app.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

They are talking about a SD card. But they are making a huge battery. It will not be removable.
Its suppose to be about to run a day and a half, if not longer.
They will have to make the phone a little larger for this option.
4K bendable screen. 21+ pixel camera
16 core processor.
Its gonna be one of the most advanced notes on the market.

I'm been saving my money for a few months. Gonna save it a little longer too.
Waiting on the next note 6 to be released.
Heard its gonna rock.
Hear the price will be around 1200.00

anon(427874)

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I love my Note 5. It's rooted only to eliminate bloat, fix memory management and maximize battery life. And I love it this way.

So, for a Note 6, my preference for improvements would be:

- current footprint and design is GREAT (larger for more screen only)
- 128G (available at launch)
- less bloat
- more Spen functionality
- 4K not needed
- IR blaster (not a deal breaker for me)

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't want an SD card slot or removable battery. There's no point. People want a premium phone and then when they make the s6 and note 5, everyone loses their minds. Just make the battery bigger.

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Note 4 has a feature called "Side key panel" (see link below) that puts select functions along the side of the screen, one of which is the app drawer button. I believe they removed it though from the Note 5.

Galaxy Note 4- How to use the Side Key Panel of one handed operation?

No that option is gone from the note 5 but there are quite a lot of 3rd party apps that can bring this feature back this is the best one I could find I always use its called Navigation bar it has alot of Customistion options from changing colour, size, Icon Colour, transparency I really sugest it it is probably better then the Note 4s Default one
Hope I helped

Attachments

• 1453716777334.jpg
    1453716777334.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 1453716784507.jpg
    1453716784507.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 1453716791957.jpg
    1453716791957.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 66

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
No that option is gone from the note 5 but there are quite a lot of 3rd party apps that can bring this feature back this is the best one I could find I always use its called Navigation bar it has alot of Customistion options from changing colour, size, Icon Colour, transparency I really sugest it it is probably better then the Note 4s Default one
Hope I helped

Thank you So much!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon