- SD 820
- removable Battery
- SD Card Slot
- 6 gb RAM to guarantee a smooth operation
- S Pen with programmable buttons
- make back and recent app button physical too
- dedicated camera shot button

+1
...and improve on that Smart Lock... glitchy (at least on the Note 4 it is glitchy)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, why do some want a 4k screen? What benefit out weighs the hit to the battery?

Also 6gigram? The issue isnt how much ram, 4 gig ram should be more than enough on the phone, its a management issue, not the size of the ram.

Gimme a bigger battery and i will be happy, same size phone or possibly a bit bigger and at least a 3600mah battery like the s6active.

To me how they measure the thickness of the phone is pointless anyway, if you have something like the camera sticking out, than THAT IS how thick the phone is! Fill in that gap w battery lol!

Sdcard would be nice but not a must.

Ive said it before, make the big edge phone the 4k entertainment whatever and keep the note line a work phone. Whats wrong w that?

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, why do some want a 4k screen? What benefit out weighs the hit to the battery?

Also 6gigram? The issue isnt how much ram, 4 gig ram should be more than enough on the phone, its a management issue, not the size of the ram.

Gimme a bigger battery and i will be happy, same size phone or possibly a bit bigger and at least a 3600mah battery like the s6active.

To me how they measure the thickness of the phone is pointless anyway, if you have something like the camera sticking out, than THAT IS how thick the phone is! Fill in that gap w battery lol!

Ive said it before, make the big edge phone the 4k entertainment whatever and keep the note line a work phone. Whats wrong w that?

Agree. Battery capacity and life should not decrease in the Note 6.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Think how long we will have to wait on the Note 6.
And we know nothing about what we are gonna loose on it.
In the past since everybody wanted the plastic back to be replaced and it to be metal sides.
We have lost a lot of things in the Samsung Phones.
I'm starting to get skeered at what next Samsung will take from us.
And how much more they will charge for these phones.

What would be nice is for the carriers is not to put so much BS software on the phone that we can't delete.
We pay for the phone. Why should we have to have all their junk software that we don't want.
These apps eats up your battery too.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Same phone design. I honestly am in love with the design of the phone. That faux leather on the Note 4 made the phone seem like tier B compared to premium models of other companies. Keep the glass back, make the battery bigger so the power users can relax maybe 3200 or 3400mah. More S Pen functions, I fell in love with the S Pen especially that clicking sound. IF Samsung was able to get rid of that hideous bloatware that comes on the phones, that would be wonderful. I know we need a little bit but not enough to make the phone feel a little slow. I really don't like SD card slots so I hope Samsung does not revert back to the past. The fingerprint scanner does need some minor improvements but do not make it lightning fast as the iPhone where you can not even see the lock screen,

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I see a lot of posts say they don't like the "SD card slots".. All well and good, but the MAJORITY of Note users WANT, NEED, and LIKE sd card slots!!!! That's a fact! The sd slots is what made most of us Note users in the first place.

I carry a ton of music, and video.. My DAP has 2 SD slots, with 128s in both, and that is almost filled up. My Note 4 has 6 gbs free on the 128 gb card..Looking to get the 200 gb or hopefully they come with the 256gb card.

Just my 2 cents..

Just want to make the note that when a posters states they don't like sd cards slots, it should be proceeded by "only speaking for myself, or a small minoirity"...

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of posts say they don't like the "SD card slots".. All well and good, but the MAJORITY of Note users WANT, NEED, and LIKE sd card slots!!!! That's a fact! The sd slots is what made most of us Note users in the first place.

I carry a ton of music, and video.. My DAP has 2 SD slots, with 128s in both, and that is almost filled up. My Note 4 has 6 gbs free on the 128 gb card..Looking to get the 200 gb or hopefully they come with the 256gb card.

Just my 2 cents..

Just want to make the note that when a posters states they don't like sd cards slots, it should be proceeded by "only speaking for myself, or a small minoirity"...

+1

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't want an SD card slot or removable battery. There's no point. People want a premium phone and then when they make the s6 and note 5, everyone loses their minds. Just make the battery bigger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Just because you would not use an SD card doesn't mean many others don't.

I put alot of music on my phone as others have already mentioned. I am not going to keep my music in the cloud and stream it.

I still have a Note 3 and still love it. I replaced the battery with a 6400 mah beast. It will last 2 full days with moderate use and no major game playing.

No SD card is a no-no.

Posted via Android Central App

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Just because you would not use an SD card doesn't mean many others don't.

I put alot of music on my phone as others have already mentioned. I am not going to keep my music in the cloud and stream it.

I still have a Note 3 and still love it. I replaced the battery with a 6400 mah beast. It will last 2 full days with moderate use and no major game playing.

No SD card is a no-no.

That is not my issue the way you us the phone as I said. Only "I" prefer it. "I" is me in this case, not you or anyone else who "wants" or "likes" it.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Because in a few years 4k will be the new standard which means TV, monitor, tablets will all have that resolution is it overkill on a tiny phone? Maybe but it's also nice to zoom into pics and see more details.

As long as the battery is removable I don't care about the battery life.

6 gig ram will guarantee smooth as butter dual window operation with a 4k screen. Keep in mind the screen has to push 1,5 times more pixel :)

I don't understand all the usb C hype it's just a nice to have thing but I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I'm also not going to pin my hopes on Samsung thanks to last year, I have a lot of doubts but maybe they've learned their lesson.

If not well the G5 also seems to be promising although I would miss the S Pen and Physical home button a lot

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I would want a 4K screen.
I already hear on TV they have the 8K screens.
It would probably be more efficient also.
Have heard on the new note for this year. Its suppose to have a larger battery.
Now with the phones being thinner.
There is no telling what else they will take away from us.
To you the Infra Red Blaster might not be much.
And I've heard you can blue Tooth your phone to your new TV.
But how does that control your Dish network box. It don't. That is what Infra Red was for.

If Samsung can't make the phones, maybe they should sell the phone division to somebody that is willing to put the money in them and make a phone that has things we use.
A Standard SD card slot will definitely slow the phones down. There is a new Technology out for new style SD cards.
They haven't' figured out how to incorporate it in the phones and not charge a lot for them.
Don't believe they will ever bring batteries back so you can change them. Nobody liked the Plastic backs that made it so you could swap batteries.
Lot of the extensive software they had had been scaled back too. Like Find my mobile. You can't do a satellite view to show where it is and it show the buildings. Think they decided it was too dangerous for people to get that close to where a phone was.
They need to make a law that will put a real hurt on somebody for stealing a Mobile phone..
Like 10 yrs minimum. Cause so much valuable info is on them. Now Samsung Pay.

But They need phones to be wider. If you want something smaller . They have the wrist phones out for you.
In the future I think we will be even doing more with our phones. The smaller phones may be great for the very young.
But for people getting older. They are just too small. And limit you to what you can do.

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
That is not my issue the way you us the phone as I said. Only "I" prefer it. "I" is me in this case, not you or anyone else who "wants" or "likes" it.

You said "There's no point" instead of saying "There's no point for me" (meaning you) So that says there's no reason for anyone. I know you said it right after saying you don't want an SD card but I took it as there's no.point for anyone to want it.
No harm, no foul. Just a miscommunication. Enjoy your day.

ctvette2003

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Id like to see
-SD card slot
-Much better file access. With my Blackberry Z30 I could attached a file to a text/email/BBM no matter where on the phone or what cloud storage it was stored in.
Better customization, with BB I only had to go to "notifications" and could change ringtones and LED for ever app that had a notification.
-Better email handling.
-Blackberry Hub like access to all email/text/social networking
-Sync with Microsoft Outlook, its bull**** that I cannot get a meeting invite.
Better speaker, dual speakers one on each end.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about this some more here are some things I'd not like and like.

SD Card would be great. I love extra storage and I'm old school. Sure I'm working on using the cloud, but sometimes having it just right there is great. Plus if I go to my car at lunch, it's underground and I don't get cell service. I can store PDF's on cards easily or extra movies or music. I did that with my S5.

Spen. I love this. I hope it doesn't go away. It's what sets the Note apart from other large phones. If this went away the S7 would suffice for my needs and I'd get that.

Not a flip phone. I had the LG enV2 and even though I loved it, it was a bit cumbersome to unflip when needed. There was a dial pad and tiny screen on the front, but only helped so much. (note: I did love the Qwerty keyboard though.) But without some screen or something on the outside, opening and closing a phone to even just check what text messages came in would get tiring after a while. My watch (Samsung Gear 2 Neo) only gives me the basic and first of messages. Most I have to view on my phone, which isn't a problem now. I don't see everyone buying an expensive for a watch to get messages on when the phone is in arms reach. I do because my phone is on silence at work and I may be away from my desk. My dad, 74 years old, might just need something (that's my excuse and it was under $200).

LG enV2:
maxresdefault.jpg

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Why not put tear studded on a USB & play them on yer radio, instead of yer phone & running the battery down.
Buy a phone with more storage & you should be able to hold a lot more.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Why not put tear studded on a USB & play them on yer radio, instead of yer phone & running the battery down.
Buy a phone with more storage & you should be able to hold a lot more.
Because carrying a radio while you are jogging is not convinient. Why don't we just reduce the size of a vehicles fuel tanks and fill up on every corner? Not being hateful here but why restrict a device from a huge amount of storage when it costs so little to put in a chip reader. I don't even need them to supply a chip, just a slot. I have my note 3 still and am waiting on the 6. If it doesn't have removable battery and sd card I will sadly be leaving samsung. I use my space for several things, and although I am one of the few unlimited data users still out there, I still don't feel like being held hostage to streaming when it could just be sitting on a chip. It also uses very little battery on bluetooth 4. I stream from my phone to my vehicle sound system, my bluetooth headphones, etc. It's much easier to do this than carry an extra chip or hard drive around.