I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the Note 6. Is that true?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung said the people who want a removable battery was like 1% of their buyers.
Since they have left the removable batteries and the back you could take off . That their stock has gone up 4% and that is a lot.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'd imagine the N4s will be cheap as dirt when the N6 comes out. I don't know that they can make a battery with enough capacity to get a true power user through the day. Lugging around charges and such is totally cumbersome to me. A spare battery or two is not. A couple of N4s may be the way to go. You can even use your spare one as an overnight battery charger for your spare batteries. I'm still in love with my N4.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the note 6. Is that true?

I'll be happier when the rumors are confirmed and we know for sure. The removable battery is a must for me. The IR blaster and SD card isn't.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm the other way around (SD first, then...) But really, I want all three. They have all been useful to me, sometimes critically.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just talked to the Samsung people again this morning. And the AT&T people.
Both said everything they have heard is Samsung has no plans to bring back the removable battery.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They are saying the Note 6 is suppose to come out with new and better things than ever before.
Like a fast processor. 6gb ram. Sd card with like 256gb capabilites.
4K screen.
4000ah battery. That would be real good.
And they say Samsung might release like a 6.1" foldable screen.

Sounds like it might go into a small computer frame that has a keyboard.

Gonna be a heck of a wait.

Like 5 months the soonest.
Man thats gonna be a long time.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the note 6. Is that true?

It's unbelievably stupid why they don't make a Note 6 CB with a changeable battery and one without and see which one sells better. The Note 6CB may blow all other phones away.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

It's unbelievably stupid why they don't make a Note 6 CB with a changeable battery and one without and see which one sells better. The Note 6CB may blow all other phones away.

I agree.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
4K screen and 4000mah would be a regress, 4000mah for 4K is not enough, 10000mah is needed, but they might do 4k only when u display 4K, they will not shoot themselves in the foot regrading battery life...

I hope Note 6 will have some "magic" tricks, Note 5 was close to perfection and Note 6 should be even closer, but i hope one day samsung fix their awful memory mangament and make option to root without tripping knox.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

If the new rumors are true posted on the Android Central homepage regarding water resistance, then the back won't be removable. I'm fine with that as long as the battery is 3600mAh or more. Preferably 4000

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Word has it, the battery will be a 4000.
Hear Samsung was saying they needed more room for a bigger battery.
That would require a bigger, and a little thicker phone.
Look for that being bigger and thicker possibly in the note 6

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I don't think they will, but I would love to have it back!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
An SD slot and a 4000 mah battery MIGHT do it for me. My trusty Note 4 has been the bomb, carrying 4 batteries with me, I don't worry about chit..
Got a 200 gb card,, '
As much as Iike Samsung, there might be a possibility I jump to an late model LG.. The LG is sporting the removable battery and sd slot. I require a lot of storage, and I am on the go with bicycle or motorcycle all the time..Spare batteries are small, light, and cheap..15 second swaps. Got an Anker charger I had for 6 months, and never used it, too dam heavy.. No comparison to carrying spare batteries.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had my G-Note 4 since launch day. I loved it. Recently my wife got an LG G5. I like it so much I got one. I'll be looking hard at the G-Note 6 but it'll need removable media & battery to get me back on a Sammy.... The G5 is lightning fast and pretty much puts my N4 to shame in the performance category

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

As long the device is no bigger and the battery is good. I'm not one for spending extra on spare battery's and keep going through hassle of changing them. Just want a battery that will last me a full day on a charge.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

As long the device is no bigger and the battery is good. I'm not one for spending extra on spare battery's and keep going through hassle of changing them. Just want a battery that will last me a full day on a charge.

I've purchased a spare battery & charger for the last 3 Galaxy devices I've owned. A $30 expenditure is well worth never needing to be tethered to an outlet, and the 30 seconds it takes to swap out a battery and plug it in is 30 seconds well spent IMHO. It's all a personal preference

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I've purchased a spare battery & charger for the last 3 Galaxy devices I've owned. A $30 expenditure is well worth never needing to be tethered to an outlet, and the 30 seconds it takes to swap out a battery and plug it in is 30 seconds well spent IMHO. It's all a personal preference

I understand, but for me I'd rather a long lasting battery and get a full day out of one charge than keep swapping out battery's plus extra cost.

Keep swapping out battery's and putting them in a charger every night? No thanks - I'll just use the simple method of charging my phone via quick charge. That's just my personal preference.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

City people tend to prefer spare batteries while walking about and using mass transit. For us suburban car commuters that have the ability to plug in on the the ride to and from. The extra batteries are not really needed....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo