06-27-2016 02:33 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    It's unbelievably stupid why they don't make a Note 6 CB with a changeable battery and one without and see which one sells better. The Note 6CB may blow all other phones away.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Coming back from a long Euro trip this week, I was reminded again how convenient that removable battery is. Given how much I use the phone--maps, directions, reading, music, streaming, travel guides--I couldn't even get through a day of tourism (that's a routine day, not a day and a night, not 7 am to 7 pm, etc) and it wasn't always convenient to charge another way. The SD card is still far more important for me, since that affects me every day of my life, but my reluctance to ditch the removable battery has increased with this vivid reminder. I don't need it that often, but when I need it, it's really awesome.

I'm starting to see some lag build up on my Note 4--I've loaded it with everything in the universe at this point--and I'd otherwise be about ready to upgrade, but I'm forced to be thinking "not now, or LG."

For me, even if the Note 6 has a removable battery I will not buy it if it only has 32GB of memory. It is time to step up and add more memory to these phones.
    Space, space, space....now that Comcast allows you to DL things recorded at home to watch anywhere offline, it fills up fast!
    Inders99 likes this.
    06-25-2016 05:31 AM
    Coming back from a long Euro trip this week, I was reminded again how convenient that removable battery is. Given how much I use the phone--maps, directions, reading, music, streaming, travel guides--I couldn't even get through a day of tourism (that's a routine day, not a day and a night, not 7 am to 7 pm, etc) and it wasn't always convenient to charge another way. The SD card is still far more important for me, since that affects me every day of my life, but my reluctance to ditch the removable battery has increased with this vivid reminder. I don't need it that often, but when I need it, it's really awesome.

I'm starting to see some lag build up on my Note 4--I've loaded it with everything in the universe at this point--and I'd otherwise be about ready to upgrade, but I'm forced to be thinking "not now, or LG."

Space, space, space....now that Comcast allows you to DL things recorded at home to watch anywhere offline, it fills up fast!
    I picked up the LG G5. I love it but miss the size of the note 4. I switch back & forth. I'm tapping this out on the note 4. If you txt/email all day, the bigger screen rocks & the swappable battery is pretty key.....
    06-25-2016 09:16 PM
    I picked up the LG G5. I love it but miss the size of the note 4. I switch back & forth. I'm tapping this out on the note 4. If you txt/email all day, the bigger screen rocks & the swappable battery is pretty key.....
    Size definitely matters, but I would do the V10. It is a 5.7 display according to the website.
    06-26-2016 05:07 AM
    Size definitely matters, but I would do the V10. It is a 5.7 display according to the website.
    I had the V10, which is why I went with the G5. I wasn't font of the 2nd screen & the V10 has no led notifications & I thought over all just bulky. The volume rockers on the back flanking the "Sleep button" bugged the heck out of me. I love the G5 but I'll be looking real hard at the note 6/7 when it drops
    06-26-2016 07:28 AM
    I had the V10, which is why I went with the G5. I wasn't font of the 2nd screen & the V10 has no led notifications & I thought over all just bulky. The volume rockers on the back flanking the "Sleep button" bugged the heck out of me. I love the G5 but I'll be looking real hard at the note 6/7 when it drops
    I don't mind a bit of bulk. If I have to compromise somewhere...

I will be interested to see what the Note 6/7 offer in terms of Qualcomm 3.0 fast charging. At this point, particularly if I wind up buying something without a removable battery--which I will resist until the last moment--it is going to have be real fast charging at the least. I understand that the G5 supports it, but V10, S7 and Note 5 do not. Frankly, it is making me feel like holding onto the Note 4 for another year wouldn't hurt.
    06-26-2016 08:06 AM
    I don't mind a bit of bulk. If I have to compromise somewhere...

I will be interested to see what the Note 6/7 offer in terms of Qualcomm 3.0 fast charging. At this point, particularly if I wind up buying something without a removable battery--which I will resist until the last moment--it is going to have be real fast charging at the least. I understand that the G5 supports it, but V10, S7 and Note 5 do not. Frankly, it is making me feel like holding onto the Note 4 for another year wouldn't hurt.
    I keep switching back & forth btwn my G5 & N4. The G5 screams, the N4 lags at times, but I absolutely love the N4 aside from the lag. The extra gig of ram makes a big difference in speed & performance on the G5
    06-26-2016 09:46 AM
    The Note 5 has 4GB ram already, the Note 4 before it had 3. What they're referring to is the ability to add more storage. So adding to the 32GB or 64GB, you can add an SD card to store pictures/movies, etc...
    06-27-2016 07:17 AM
    I've had my G-Note 4 since launch day. I loved it. Recently my wife got an LG G5. I like it so much I got one. I'll be looking hard at the G-Note 6 but it'll need removable media & battery to get me back on a Sammy.... The G5 is lightning fast and pretty much puts my N4 to shame in the performance category
    I would hope the G5 is faster than the Note 4....
    06-27-2016 02:33 PM
83 ... 234