I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the Note 6. Is that true?

A

AC Question

I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the note 6. Is that true?

My friend and I were talking and he said this, but I wasn't sure if he was serious. Can you confirm this? Also, why did Samsung remove this feature in the first place?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it could be glass like the note 5. That would be too easy to break as you removed it. Did you read the stories of those who put their Note 5 Spen in backwards? They would break the glass. That could be me even though I haven't put the Spen in backwards. I could even see me breaking the back trying to remove it.

They might be able to do a metal back, but from my understanding it has to be a little flexible so it's easy to remove and replace.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the note 6. Is that true?

I dont think so.... samsung will choose better design rather than removable back. Especially seeing the S7 design.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the note 6. Is that true?

They brought back the SD slot on the S7 but no removable battery. I love how the note 5 looks and runs great ! I'm sure the note 6 will come back with expandable memory. Looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy Note 6!!

Posted via the Android Central App

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They brought back the SD slot on the S7 but no removable battery. I love how the note 5 looks and runs great ! I'm sure the note 6 will come back with expandable memory. Looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy Note 6!!

Heard the note 6 should have 4 gb ram.
How much do you need on a phone

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
At the end of 24 months from october 31st of 2015 I will have paid $550 for my Note 4. Still, the phone lags. We can blame that on Ramanagement all we want, but what about the processor? And an OS that can handle it all. I need a phone that doesn't lag. It drives me crazy.

The Note 4 would easily be the best device for me if it just ran smoothly. Hopefully the Note 6 delivers that.
I'm pretty sure the SD card is a given.

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I hope so because I would keep my note 4 if it doesn't.

Posted via My Note 4

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

To this point.. That's why I have 2 Note 4's just in case they decide not incorporate a removable battery and SD card... If one breaks I have the other as a backup

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I'll be happier when the rumors are confirmed and we know for sure. The removable battery is a must for me. The IR blaster and SD card isn't.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I'll be happier when the rumors are confirmed and we know for sure. The removable battery is a must for me. The IR blaster and SD card isn't.

Yup, I agree the removable battery to heavy users on the go has been a very important feature. I carry 3 spare batteries with me at all times. Right now I am in another country and let me tell you!
The removable battery feature is worth its weight in gold in the last week. Four days out of seven, l used all three spare batteries, the other three days I used one or two.
From reading your post, no matter what they come with, and I buy, the Note 4 stays, as backup, or as collector's item, with the notation of "last of the great ones" :)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't think you will ever see a removable battery again.
You are probably using a nickel cadium battery.
We have moved up into lithium ion batteries. Longer lasting and faster charging.
They have devices not you can take and charge your battery while you are no where electricity.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't think you will ever see a removable battery again.
You are probably using a nickel cadium battery.
We have moved up into lithium ion batteries. Longer lasting and faster charging.
They have devices not you can take and charge your battery while you are no where electricity.

If you are are replying to me, all my batteries are for the Note 4, two OEM, and two clones. I don't think they are nickel cadium. I have one of those Anker High End portable chargers, but on my trip I elected to carry spare batteries instead of the portable charger! The charger is heavier and bulkier than 3 spare batteries. The spare battery is a 15 second swap back to 100%. Even if the portable charger charges in 10 minutes, thats a hinerance to me.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

The Note 5 is a very nice looking phone, but I don't see them going backwards with the design. Having the SD back is important to me.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I have another thing to say here... I was in NYC yesterday with some friends. I made sure to bring an extra battery with me. With all the buildings, signals drop and reconnect to other tower cells frequently. This drops the battery level just a little faster.

I went into the city with about 30%. Not much. About mid-day, my battry died. I swapped then in about 30 seconds. I now had a 100% charge again. Obviously...

But I got to thinking how inconvenient it would be to carry one of those powerpacks. Having a wire attached to my phone and have to carry it along just for a slow charge to get me through the day seems quite obnoxious. Ive thought about this before when I was buying my blackberry passport. I don't ever want to go back to a non removable battery. I might keep my Note 4, or even buy an extra just in case this one dies. SD card slot and removable battery is a MUST. Well, unless the note 6 has a battery with a capacity of 4000mAh or higher

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Guess all of you with non removable batteries will be staying with your old phone or looking for a different one.
Samsung in not going back to removable batteries.
Also heard they ain't going back to IR blasters.
Call them on the phone your self if you have plenty of time

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

If that's the case then I'm fine staying with my note 4. At some point these manufacturers need to start realizing what the consumer wants