I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the Note 6. Is that true?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If that's the case then I'm fine staying with my note 4. At some point these manufacturers need to start realizing what the consumer wants
I totally agree with you.
There are things like the IR blaster of really liked and used
Don't know if these options cost them money. Or there's not enough room for it or what

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the note 6. Is that true?

Funny you said that, I just picked up another Note 4 note 4 just in case. So right now I have 3 note 4s for backups in the event one goes bad on me.. if the note 6 comes out and it meets my requirements, removable battery and SD card and then I'll throw them up on eBay and major majority of my money back. No sweat!

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: I heard rumors saying the removable back will come back in the note 6. Is that true?

Don't get me wrong I miss having removable battery and SD. They should try to put in a bigger battery, but I'm sure it's going to add some thickness. With how fast tech is moving, It can only get better. Maybe they will have a phone that can run from the light like a calculator.

Posted via the Android Central App

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Got a couple friends that has the Samsung Galaxy S5 that has dropped their phones in the water.
Both are saying they have problems with their phones. They think the battery got wet. Neither has gone and bought a new battery.

Both has done a few things to dry them out. But still go the problem.

They are waiting on new phones to come out

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm curious as to why manufacturers are so adamant to move to non removable batteries permanently. Is it the water resistance? Batteries will eventually go bad in any phone and need replacing. By adding a removable feature like with the Note 4 and the devices before it, you're future proofing the phone. It takes less than a minute to pop open the Note 4, swap batteries and get to the home screen again. I could see these cumbersome power packs getting in the way of my wishes though. To this day I haven't got a reasonable answer as to why they're better to have than a removable battery.

A samsung employee told me that they do that because it makes for a sturdier device as there are fewer moving parts. Also they said that it allows them to have more space within the phone, so they can add more technical improvements. I am not sure what to think about these arguments, but that's what they told me..

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

A samsung employee told me that they do that because it makes for a sturdier device as there are fewer moving parts. Also they said that it allows them to have more space within the phone, so they can add more technical improvements. I am not sure what to think about these arguments, but that's what they told me..

Well I appreciate the answer and I can understand the reasoning for space and "technical improvements", but man I'm going to hate having a non-removable battery. But I've said it 100 million times in these forums, if it has a battery 3600mAh or better, I'll still get it. SD card support for cards 200GB or over.

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

Well I appreciate the answer and I can understand the reasoning for space and "technical improvements", but man I'm going to hate having a non-removable battery. But I've said it 100 million times in these forums, if it has a battery 3600mAh or better, I'll still get it. SD card support for cards 200GB or over.

I completely agree with you there, I feel the same way. I will still buy the note 6 if it will have what I need, but not having the freedom to be able to replace parts in my phone is going to be hard to get used to...

Mirhako

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

I left my iPhone for the Note 3 after trying to change the battery in my iphone.

However, main selling point for me is SD card. I might upgrade my 4 to a 6 if it has that at least.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

To this point.. That's why I have 2 Note 4's just in case they decide not incorporate a removable battery and SD card... If one breaks I have the other as a backup

Not a bad idea. Where'd you get your backup N4?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Not a bad idea. Where'd you get your backup N4?

They said they are not coming out with a removable battery. The Note 6 will have a 4000 ah battery.
And 6 Gb ram. with a Sd card.
Think you might really like it.
Its suppose to be the things to come.
It also will have Video calling that all carriers are going to.
Don't give up.
The new phones are Fast too.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

They said they are not coming out with a removable battery. The Note 6 will have a 4000 ah battery.
And 6 Gb ram. with a Sd card.
Think you might really like it.
Its suppose to be the things to come.
It also will have Video calling that all carriers are going to.
Don't give up.
The new phones are Fast too.

I want the IR blaster back.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a S7 Edge , I was waiting on the note 6.
Still might get the note 6 in 5 months. The S7 edge has a great
3600 ah battery.
Charged the battery, went to bed last nite. Woke up & it had only drained down to 95%
Got a very fast processor, and 4 Gb memory.
Really like the S7 edge. Only had it since Saturday nite.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
If you are are replying to me, all my batteries are for the Note 4, two OEM, and two clones. I don't think they are nickel cadium. I have one of those Anker High End portable chargers, but on my trip I elected to carry spare batteries instead of the portable charger! The charger is heavier and bulkier than 3 spare batteries. The spare battery is a 15 second swap back to 100%. Even if the portable charger charges in 10 minutes, thats a hinerance to me.

Sounds like you need to get yourself a computer if you are burning through that much battery. My Note 4's battery last a day and half mind you I don't use my a PC computer, I only use it for email, WeChat, and Clash of Clans.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a S7 Edge , I was waiting on the note 6.
Still might get the note 6 in 5 months. The S7 edge has a great
3600 ah battery.
Charged the battery, went to bed last nite. Woke up & it had only drained down to 95%
Got a very fast processor, and 4 Gb memory.
Really like the S7 edge. Only had it since Saturday nite.

If you really want to get the most out of your battery life, turn off LTE.

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Will Note 6 be the last Note device?

wlonsdale

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Guess all of you with non removable batteries will be staying with your old phone or looking for a different one.
Samsung in not going back to removable batteries.
Also heard they ain't going back to IR blasters.
Call them on the phone your self if you have plenty of time

I went to LG....I can't see me going past the G4 for awhile I guess...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463