06-27-2016 02:33 PM
83 123 ...
tools
    My friend and I were talking and he said this, but I wasn't sure if he was serious. Can you confirm this? Also, why did Samsung remove this feature in the first place?
    02-17-2016 09:13 AM
    No one knows if it will for sure or not yet. Keep an eye on our Note 6 forums (Here - Samsung Galaxy Note 6 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) for any further information as it comes out.
    02-17-2016 11:01 AM
    I don't think it could be glass like the note 5. That would be too easy to break as you removed it. Did you read the stories of those who put their Note 5 Spen in backwards? They would break the glass. That could be me even though I haven't put the Spen in backwards. I could even see me breaking the back trying to remove it.

They might be able to do a metal back, but from my understanding it has to be a little flexible so it's easy to remove and replace.
    02-18-2016 03:39 PM
    I dont think so.... samsung will choose better design rather than removable back. Especially seeing the S7 design.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    wlonsdale likes this.
    02-21-2016 05:58 PM
    If Samsung goes with a replaceable battery. How would you suspect you could do it without a plastic removable back
    KingTongue likes this.
    02-23-2016 11:41 AM
    They brought back the SD slot on the S7 but no removable battery. I love how the note 5 looks and runs great ! I'm sure the note 6 will come back with expandable memory. Looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy Note 6!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    CehowardNote7 and wlonsdale like this.
    02-23-2016 04:06 PM
    They brought back the SD slot on the S7 but no removable battery. I love how the note 5 looks and runs great ! I'm sure the note 6 will come back with expandable memory. Looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy Note 6!!

Heard the note 6 should have 4 gb ram.
    How much do you need on a phone
    02-23-2016 04:48 PM
    Heard the note 6 should have 4 gb ram.
    How much do you need on a phone
    As much as possible. Samsung's RAM management is not good.

02-23-2016 06:32 PM
    At the end of 24 months from october 31st of 2015 I will have paid $550 for my Note 4. Still, the phone lags. We can blame that on Ramanagement all we want, but what about the processor? And an OS that can handle it all. I need a phone that doesn't lag. It drives me crazy.

The Note 4 would easily be the best device for me if it just ran smoothly. Hopefully the Note 6 delivers that.
    I'm pretty sure the SD card is a given.
    Jude526 likes this.
    02-24-2016 09:24 AM
    I hope so because I would keep my note 4 if it doesn't.

Posted via My Note 4
    02-26-2016 03:57 AM
    To this point.. That's why I have 2 Note 4's just in case they decide not incorporate a removable battery and SD card... If one breaks I have the other as a backup
    02-26-2016 06:09 AM
    I heard they are coming out with a larger battery, no removable battery. And a SD card.
    02-26-2016 07:30 AM
    I'll be happier when the rumors are confirmed and we know for sure. The removable battery is a must for me. The IR blaster and SD card isn't.

CehowardNote7 likes this.
    02-26-2016 08:57 AM
    I'll be happier when the rumors are confirmed and we know for sure. The removable battery is a must for me. The IR blaster and SD card isn't.

Yup, I agree the removable battery to heavy users on the go has been a very important feature. I carry 3 spare batteries with me at all times. Right now I am in another country and let me tell you!
    The removable battery feature is worth its weight in gold in the last week. Four days out of seven, l used all three spare batteries, the other three days I used one or two.
    From reading your post, no matter what they come with, and I buy, the Note 4 stays, as backup, or as collector's item, with the notation of "last of the great ones" :-)
    TechNut79 likes this.
    02-27-2016 03:45 AM
    Don't think you will ever see a removable battery again.
    You are probably using a nickel cadium battery.
    We have moved up into lithium ion batteries. Longer lasting and faster charging.
    They have devices not you can take and charge your battery while you are no where electricity.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    02-27-2016 07:14 AM
    Don't think you will ever see a removable battery again.
    You are probably using a nickel cadium battery.
    We have moved up into lithium ion batteries. Longer lasting and faster charging.
    They have devices not you can take and charge your battery while you are no where electricity.
    If you are are replying to me, all my batteries are for the Note 4, two OEM, and two clones. I don't think they are nickel cadium. I have one of those Anker High End portable chargers, but on my trip I elected to carry spare batteries instead of the portable charger! The charger is heavier and bulkier than 3 spare batteries. The spare battery is a 15 second swap back to 100%. Even if the portable charger charges in 10 minutes, thats a hinerance to me.
    02-27-2016 08:18 AM
    The Note 5 is a very nice looking phone, but I don't see them going backwards with the design. Having the SD back is important to me.

02-28-2016 08:38 PM
    I have another thing to say here... I was in NYC yesterday with some friends. I made sure to bring an extra battery with me. With all the buildings, signals drop and reconnect to other tower cells frequently. This drops the battery level just a little faster.

I went into the city with about 30%. Not much. About mid-day, my battry died. I swapped then in about 30 seconds. I now had a 100% charge again. Obviously...

But I got to thinking how inconvenient it would be to carry one of those powerpacks. Having a wire attached to my phone and have to carry it along just for a slow charge to get me through the day seems quite obnoxious. Ive thought about this before when I was buying my blackberry passport. I don't ever want to go back to a non removable battery. I might keep my Note 4, or even buy an extra just in case this one dies. SD card slot and removable battery is a MUST. Well, unless the note 6 has a battery with a capacity of 4000mAh or higher
    02-29-2016 08:31 AM
    Guess all of you with non removable batteries will be staying with your old phone or looking for a different one.
    Samsung in not going back to removable batteries.
    Also heard they ain't going back to IR blasters.
    Call them on the phone your self if you have plenty of time
    Carlo Villa and debdroid1a like this.
    02-29-2016 09:22 AM
    If that's the case then I'm fine staying with my note 4. At some point these manufacturers need to start realizing what the consumer wants
    03-01-2016 11:47 AM
    If that's the case then I'm fine staying with my note 4. At some point these manufacturers need to start realizing what the consumer wants
    I totally agree with you.
    There are things like the IR blaster of really liked and used
    Don't know if these options cost them money. Or there's not enough room for it or what
    wlonsdale likes this.
    03-01-2016 12:34 PM
    Funny you said that, I just picked up another Note 4 note 4 just in case. So right now I have 3 note 4s for backups in the event one goes bad on me.. if the note 6 comes out and it meets my requirements, removable battery and SD card and then I'll throw them up on eBay and major majority of my money back. No sweat!
    missouriexile likes this.
    03-02-2016 05:29 AM
    Don't get me wrong I miss having removable battery and SD. They should try to put in a bigger battery, but I'm sure it's going to add some thickness. With how fast tech is moving, It can only get better. Maybe they will have a phone that can run from the light like a calculator.

03-02-2016 10:01 PM
    Got a couple friends that has the Samsung Galaxy S5 that has dropped their phones in the water.
    Both are saying they have problems with their phones. They think the battery got wet. Neither has gone and bought a new battery.

Both has done a few things to dry them out. But still go the problem.

They are waiting on new phones to come out
    wlonsdale likes this.
    03-04-2016 08:52 AM
    I'm curious as to why manufacturers are so adamant to move to non removable batteries permanently. Is it the water resistance? Batteries will eventually go bad in any phone and need replacing. By adding a removable feature like with the Note 4 and the devices before it, you're future proofing the phone. It takes less than a minute to pop open the Note 4, swap batteries and get to the home screen again. I could see these cumbersome power packs getting in the way of my wishes though. To this day I haven't got a reasonable answer as to why they're better to have than a removable battery.

A samsung employee told me that they do that because it makes for a sturdier device as there are fewer moving parts. Also they said that it allows them to have more space within the phone, so they can add more technical improvements. I am not sure what to think about these arguments, but that's what they told me..
    03-06-2016 06:51 AM
83 123 ...