Could we see Samsung starting to move away from having ports on their devices with the Note 6?

There is a lot of talk that cell manufactures are going to move away from having a headphone jack, a power jack, and speakers and a microphone. The speakers and microphone removal is kind of interesting. A manufacture has figured out how to use vibrate the glass so you can hear the person talking, and when you hold the phone close to your face the vibrations of your face are transmitted into the glass as you talk back.

03-14-2016 10:21 AM
    I would say no. They won't make such a drastic change so quickly.
    03-14-2016 10:23 AM
    I agree. Maybe within 5 years, but not this year.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 10:25 AM
    It's possible. With wireless chargers, Bluetooth headphones/headsets, this is not that far from reality. I however, would be against it. I like interfacing my phone with my PC through a cable.
    03-14-2016 10:26 AM
    The Note 5 not being able to work through an HDMI cable was a real disappointment for many. I might have skipped it had I known that. I just lived without watching netflix on my TV until recently when I bought a Blu Ray player with screen mirroring. There just isn't a lot of options that work. The Blu Ray player I bought was marked down drastically and that's why I bought it (plus I only had a dvd player). Google stick needs wifi, amazon fire stick won't work with google play, and some didn't work with the Hulu stick (or the other stick).

Not everyone has wireless charging and some didn't work with the Note 5. I found 2 that work so I got lucky. One is supposed to be fast but I haven't tried it with a fast cable (that was extra and I missed that part when ordering, my original cable I just plug my phone in. ). Plus the hook up to the computer.

I have a tiny bluetooth earpiece I keep loosing, so that doesn't help me. I decided to try some cheap earbuds and they work with music but sound on video is lagging. Plus they always have to be charged to be ready. Then I'd need a separate speaker if I wanted to listen to it without the earphones.

So do you think using the speakerphone would have to be done on the wireles sspeakers? Or always use the bluetooth earpiece? Which again, I'd have to find and keep charged.

So I don't like any of these ideas. Sorry, I may be "old school" but also somethings just don't work today with prices still high and availability limited.
    03-14-2016 03:39 PM
    I dont see it happening anytime soon.

In my opinion phones will always need a speaker of some sort, i can almost see getting rid of the headset jack like apple is rumored to be doing but i hope not.

I think as expensive as "premium" design are now, the tech you speak of would really make it more expensive and people would hold onto phones longer and that would be more counter productive for companies bottom lines.

Look at phone prices now, comparing say the moto x of 2015 not going through carriers, and the price if the s7. The added accessories needed instead of optional would turn some people away.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    03-16-2016 11:20 PM