Galaxy Note 6 expectations?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, what do you guys expect out of the Note 6?

Personally, if the S7 is any indication, we should see the return of expandable storage and a larger battery, which will be a delight on the Note-line since the Note 5 left expandable storage out and had a smaller battery. IP68 certification is a little less likely unless the S Pen can be redesigned to allow water-resistance. The screen may be a little larger while maintaining the same footprint to better distinguish it from the now-larger Galaxy S7e and expect the same 12MP 1.4-micron f/1.7 Dual Pixel camera with a couple of small improvements.

What do you guys want to see?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I am curious what the Note 6 will look like. The S7 stole the curved back from the Note 5.
I suppose they could design the pen to be water resistant, although, I couldn't care less about water resistance.
I don't put $800 electronic devices anywhere near water. Never had a single phone get wet. I will never test the water resistance on my S7.
I am that person that Hates SD cards. I hope they offer a 64GB version so I never have to use an SD card.

I wouldn't mind if it stayed 5.7" but I kind of hope they offer an Edge version, both sides, like S7 Edge.
They could tuck all the S pen features on the edges.

I know this will be a very popular, but I hope the rumored 5.8" iPhone Pro is basically a iOS Note with smaller Apple pencil tucked inside and some special features to go along with it. Could be Fun!
Give Sammy some competition in the Note series since no other phone maker seems to want to take on the Note.

The Note 6 will be mine. No matter what. Can't wait.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I am that person that Hates SD cards. I hope they offer a 64GB version so I never have to use an SD card.
More internal storage would be grand. I still think the SD card slot should be reinstated like on the S7 not to force people to use it, but allows those who want to use one to pop in an SD card while allowing others to leave that slot alone if they don't want to use an SD card.

Basically, it's better to have it there than to leave it out.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I fear that they will make the phone bigger than the 5, I wouldn't want that.

I really hope they can make it water resistant as that could be a deal breaker for me, that could push me to the S7 Edge which I am eyeing.

2high4u

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Since the Note line is more toward power users, i'm sure they ain't going to make a major overhaul from the previous model. As we've seen with the s6/s6 edge plus, the metal and glass back have a premium feel and the success with s7 shows it.

Here's my realistic thoughts about what may be the note 6 considering the little tweaks they made on the s7 and made it better and successful:

- 5.7 or 5.8 inch super amoled screen with a higher PPI (4K screen is less likely and useless for the time being plus it may consume more battery)
- The return of micro SD
- No water-resistance (only on the mainstream S-line)
- No IR blaster ( Samsung is leaning toward a more clean/simple phone like iphone)
- Improved speakers
- Android N w/ a cleaner Touchwiz
- S-pen improved (fonctionalities + aesthetics)
- Force Touch alike
- Exynos 8890 or Snapdragon 820
- 6 Gb RAM
- 12 mp dual pixel camera w/ 1.7 aperture
- 3800-4000 Mah battery
- Micro USB will likely to stay to make them compatible with the current accessories. I think 2017 will be the year where all manufacturers will all swap to USB C as standard.
- All metal unibody for the first time !

I think the main focus on the Note line this year will be on the accessories they may present along the Note 6 like we've seen on the s7. I think they're going to reveal more accessories in the VR department and productivity like a tablet/pc dock.

Last edited:

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

64gb is not enough for some people. You're not forced to use an SD card. The more well-rounded a device is the better.

Posted via the Android Central App
no advertisements here.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Latest rumor i have seen is a 5.8 inch screen, 6 gig of ram and at least 3600mah batt. Also the sd card, but prob not waterproof.

The problem with the note line is it was originally a power user phone, the note5 was less power user and more status symbol. Hopefully the 6 will fix that without being too big, because regardless i use a case for extra protection.

Hopefully the screen stays quad hd.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Latest rumor i have seen is a 5.8 inch screen, 6 gig of ram and at least 3600mah batt. Also the sd card, but prob not waterproof.

The problem with the note line is it was originally a power user phone, the note5 was less power user and more status symbol. Hopefully the 6 will fix that without being too big, because regardless i use a case for extra protection.

Hopefully the screen stays quad hd.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

I don't hate the note 5. I would take it over an s6. I preferred to upgrade to the Note 4 instead of either of those devices because of the SD card slot and removable battery. I've said it a hundred times bring back the SD card and I'm in for the Note 6. I'll do without a removable battery as long as the internal one is at 3600mAh or above. My sister has the Note 5. It's a gorgeous device, beautiful screen and all. Although I prefer the functionality of my Note 4 S-pen slot, I think the way in which to remove it from the Note 5 is so cool.

I want to agree and say that the Note 5 isn't a power users phone but it could be if they lugged around an external battery back (just in case) and carried around an external memory device. It's just too cumbersome. Note 4 wins there.

Yesterday, I needed to have a charge because I was leaving the house and realized I hadn't charged my phone. I went to grab my spare battery to pop it back in and get to 100% but I forgot that my dog had chewed it a week ago. So I grabbed the battery pack. It made it difficult to use the phone when there was a wire and stick attached to my phone. I don't understand how anyone prefers a battery pack to a thin, weightless spare battery. End rant.

It was just nice to see that someone with a Note 5 admitted that the their device is leaning more towards the aesthetic side of the smartphone spectrum Vs practicality etc...

NOTE 6 SPECS

I don't know why they would need to add .1" to the Note series but I'll take it was a welcome change if they can keep the device from getting physically larger. Make it 6" even!

I would also love a metal back for durability. Glass is pretty and everything but it'll just be covered up by a case soon after I get my hands on it.

Faster processor of course to reduce lag.

maybe 6gb of ram to make it for future proof.

An internal starting size of 64gb or higher and of course an SD card slot.

Either Lollipop, Marshmallow or Android N without so many damn bugs. I don't care which.

And one thing that drives me crazy because of my big thumbs...
Move the home button down just a couple millimeters. Nearly every time I hit the home button I'm also hitting the space bar or a link when trying to get back to the home screen.

no advertisements here.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, I needed to have a charge because I was leaving the house and realized I hadn't charged my phone. I went to grab my spare battery to pop it back in and get to 100% but I forgot that my dog had chewed it a week ago.
......What did I just read?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Interesting piece from SamMobile.

Exclusive: Galaxy Note 6 will be IP68 water resistant, might come with iris scanner - SamMobile

Looks like the Note 6 is very likely to have IP68 water + dust resistance (don't know how they might pull it off), and may have an iris scanner (less likely, but somewhat possible). Exciting times.

Given that the Note 5 had similar traits to the S6 it is based on, like its general build, camera, along with some traits (slightly smaller battery, lack of expandable storage), given that the S7 that it will likely be based on brought back water-resistance, expandable storage AND a much larger battery, I think it's fair to assume that the Note 6 will feature a larger battery and brings back expandable storage, although the base amount of storage could be higher at 64GB. Given that more higher-end phones are coming out with 64GB of base storage alongside an SD card slot, it's very possible that the Note 6 could be the same.

As for water-resistance, given that SamMobile article, it's a higher possibility and I think it's safe to assume that other traits of the S7 that I mentioned above will follow as well. Given that some rivals, like the Xiaomi Mi5, that was announced at MWC, looks to have expandable storage on all models, including the 128GB model (apparently), it's certainly doable and I see no reason why the Note 6 wouldn't do something similar on all models, given that the S7 it is based on already has expandable storage.

Of course, when you have a 128GB option that's reasonably priced, expandable storage isn't as huge of a deal. But it's always nice to have, especially for very heavy users who store a lot of large media files like me, along with people who record a ton of 4K video.

Like I mentioned, it's better to have an SD card slot alongside adequate amounts of internal storage, so that people who need that slot (like me) can utilize it while people who don't want it have lots of internal storage to play around with. A 64GB base option with expandable storage on all models would be a win-win for everyone.

UPDATE - Looks like the Mi5 doesn't have expandable storage. Bummer.

Last edited:
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Needs an SD Card slot (for those of us who like them), but similarly a 64gb model is necessary.

Bigger battery is essential. Would like removable but don't see it happening.

And for me, most importantly... sell it in the UK!!! As we missed out on the Note 5 for anyone unaware.

Anyone know how I can get a UK carrier locked Note 4 upgraded to Marshmallow without rooting? As my carrier won't confirm they are updating it. Is it even possible without root?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
64GB internal storage option is a must. I'd even go for a 128GB internal option to avoid the external SD card issues that are happening with the S7 and S7edge. 32GB is quickly becoming 16GB given OS takes ~ 10-11GB. I don't want to have to micromanage internal SD capacity like on the Note 2.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
64GB internal storage option is a must. I'd even go for a 128GB internal option to avoid the external SD card issues that are happening with the S7 and S7edge. 32GB is quickly becoming 16GB given OS takes ~ 10-11GB. I don't want to have to micromanage internal SD capacity like on the Note 2.

Agree. I had to micromanage my S5 and the storage. It was not fun. I haven't had to with my Note 5. I don't mind an SD card, but please, at least 64GB internal. If it's going to be the beast people think, it will need that much, so maybe even more.

Posted via the *Note 5*

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I would rather have Samsungs 256-Gigabyte Universal Flash Storage onboard than a SD Card slot.
I'd love both. :)

More internal storage for me to play around with and the option to put an SD card in to store more stuff. Better to just put it there for those who need it while giving it lots of internal storage so you aren't forced to use it. ;)

Not that you would need more than 256GB of storage on a phone, but you never know. :p

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I hope they improve the camera even more, it is the best camera atm, a great idea would be to put two sensor for two different light scenarios.

23MP with f2.0 or f1.9 for causual everyday shooting and 16MP with F1.7 or F1.6 of course with larger pixels and both shall include dual pixel, that would be perfect but not so doable, of course not on the Note 6.

What they could improve on both S7 and Note 6 is the post proccessing, although they ninja improved it in last update.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
23MP with f2.0 or f1.9 for causual everyday shooting and 16MP with F1.7 or F1.6 of course with larger pixels
I'd kinda like to see somebody stage a slight return to the pixel-count wars, too, and what better phone to do that on than a sizequeen workhorse like the Note? Might allow Sg to ease up on some of the digital sharpening and make for improved zoom-crops at the same time. Maybe. (Not that I know squat about camera tech.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol