Galaxy Note 6 expectations?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I hope they improve the camera even more, it is the best camera atm, a great idea would be to put two sensor for two different light scenarios.

23MP with f2.0 or f1.9 for causual everyday shooting and 16MP with F1.7 or F1.6 of course with larger pixels and both shall include dual pixel, that would be perfect but not so doable, of course not on the Note 6.

What they could improve on both S7 and Note 6 is the post proccessing, although they ninja improved it in last update.
That would be interesting.

A camera with a higher MP count for daylight shooting and a secondary camera with a lower MP count plus larger pixels and a wider aperture for low-light.

TBH, I'd prefer seeing a camera that performs astonishingly well in both scenarios using only a single camera package, but I think we're not there yet. Still, the camera on the S7 is great. One of the best I've used so far.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 might have the worst modern camera on a smartphone. I'm on my third Note 4. The first one had a defect in the SIM card slot. I dropped the second one and the screen stopped working. Weird as I always keep my phone in a case. Anyway, I've had three Note 4 devices and all of them have had the auto focus problem. And low light pictures are absolutely dreadful. Just needed to vent :)

I wanna see another Note 4 in the Note 6. A phone that I can keep for the next 2 years. A rugged beast that can run and compete well with the latest devices. And a camera that works.

I like the 256gb option but how many people would buy it? Would the price range reach near $1,000? And even if they do put it to market, how easy will it be to find. I doubt every store would carry it.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I like the 256gb option but how many people would buy it? Would the price range reach near $1,000? And even if they do put it to market, how easy will it be to find. I doubt every store would carry it.
The 128GB option for the S6 apparently did not sell very well, so there's 3 possible things for this.

• This is still a rumor. It could be true or it could be false. Given how the 128GB S6 apparently didn't sell so hot, I'm not so sure if they'll try it again.
  • If they do, then it could either be a region-specific thing or a lower-volume model for a niche group who want an absolute ton of storage space while keeping lower-capacity variants for the masses with an optional SD card slot for those who want a little more storage, like on the S7.
  • On the other hand, the Note 6 could come with only a single 256GB variant.
These are just what I thought.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
depends on price with 256GB...much rather get a 32 or 64 if it's far cheaper and just get a 128GB SD card like i have now with my edge

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I paid $792.00 less $500.00 credit for my 64GB Note 5. Based on what I'm reading about larger battery and other improved features, could a price approaching $1000.00 be a realistic estimate? Say $995.00 for a 64GB Note 6?

And I thought Eight Hundred was EXPENSIVE! These phones are... costly... to say the least. 😏

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I paid $792.00 less $500.00 credit for my 64GB Note 5. Based on what I'm reading about larger battery and other improved features, could a price approaching $1000.00 be a realistic estimate? Say $995.00 for a 64GB Note 6?

And I thought Eight Hundred was EXPENSIVE! These phones are... costly... to say the least. ??????

I don't think it'll be $1000. It'll be a hard sell at that point.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
My only expectation is a full 6" display screen, but I've been reading it's going to be 5.8".

Almost forgot. They have to move the speaker. The speaker placement is terrible.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
My only expectation is a full 6" display screen, but I've been reading it's going to be 5.8".

Almost forgot. They have to move the speaker. The speaker placement is terrible.

This. The speaker placement is awful. Put two speakers next to the ear piece or how about the home button double as a speaker?
Idk. It needs to improve SOMEHOW.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, there is a Note 7 Edge.

An import listing has the model # "SM-N935". On the S7, "SM-G935" is the Edge, and "SM-G930" is the flat model.

Maybe there's an SM-N930 as the flat variant?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Apparently, there is a Note 7 Edge.

An import listing has the model # "SM-N935". On the S7, "SM-G935" is the Edge, and "SM-G930" is the flat model.

Maybe there's an SM-N930 as the flat variant?

I read about article that claimed or alleged there may not be a flat version. But with some not liking the edge version, I'm sure they'll offer both. They don't want to lose customers who want a flat screen. I'm not ingested in the edge, no matter what extras it has. I am interested in the flat screen Note series with an Spen. Very interested. I will get one on pre-order or on launch day (depends on offers and tmobile).

Posted via the *Note 5*

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I read about article that claimed or alleged there may not be a flat version. But with some not liking the edge version, I'm sure they'll offer both. They don't want to lose customers who want a flat screen. I'm not ingested in the edge, no matter what extras it has. I am interested in the flat screen Note series with an Spen. Very interested. I will get one on pre-order or on launch day (depends on offers and tmobile).

Posted via the *Note 5*
I'm actually one of the few who is likely going to go with the Edge, but I agree that they should offer a flat version.

Because writing on a curved surface is really tough.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually one of the few who is likely going to go with the Edge, but I agree that they should offer a flat version.

Because writing on a curved surface is really tough.

That is true .. didn't think about that. Writing with s-pen near the edges of a curved device would be hard lol.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you guys were expecting a drastic redesign, you might be disappointed.

Personally, I actually dig it. I really liked the way the Note 5 looked and if the Note 7 does end up looking like this, it has a very high chance of being my new daily driver.

I don't think the curved edges will be loved by many Note fans, but I'm probably one of the few who likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdyH22ojXyU

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you guys were expecting a drastic redesign, you might be disappointed.

Personally, I actually dig it. I really liked the way the Note 5 looked and if the Note 7 does end up looking like this, it has a very high chance of being my new daily driver.

I don't think the curved edges will be loved by many Note fans, but I'm probably one of the few who likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdyH22ojXyU

I am fine with it as well, my wish is that they sell this unlocked I do not want to buy an ATT model I would rather buy an unlocked US variant away different topic. If they have the same color black that is on the GS7 then I am going with that color with White coming in second.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Those of us with a "Note Edge" haven't had any problems in 2 years lol.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
To be frank, on the Note Edge (or Note 4 Edge), the edged section is treated by the software as a separate panel. So you aren't actually writing on it.

On the Note 7, the entire display has a curved edge on both sides, just like the S6E and S7e. However, if the renders are accurate, they look to be a little less curved than the S-line equivalent, so perhaps it's to make writing on the edges a little bit easier. We'll have to wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome