06-03-2016 12:19 PM
41 12
tools
    I hope it doesn't come out as an Edge variety!

I loved my Note 5, regret selling it!

Had an S7 Edge for a few hours; couldn't get on with the design at all, so it got sold. The biggest bugbear for me with this phone was the lack of decent screen protection! For me, a MUST is a good tempered glass screen protector; I tried to install 2, both cracked, both got sent back to Amazon. Tried a 'well reviewed' plastic film protector, it did nothing but lift, it got sent back!

Back to an N6P now and loving the decent screen, flat screen with no Edge and the overall size!

If the Note 7 is to be released bypassing the Note 6 all together; it needs to be a flat-screen phablet and not some fancy Edge attempt that'll lose Samsung more customers again, IMO

This is about the only phone that interests me and may make me part with my N6P!
    recDNA likes this.
    05-29-2016 05:59 AM
    Ha! I've missed you from the Note Edge forum! I too would like the Note Flabby Dabby...Edge.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    Haha! MizWylie I'm there. It's just that "our" forum doesn't get alot of attention because allegedly our Note Edge is a "gimmick".
    😂😅🤓

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    05-29-2016 05:05 PM
    I hope it doesn't come out as an Edge variety!

I loved my Note 5, regret selling it!

Had an S7 Edge for a few hours; couldn't get on with the design at all, so it got sold. The biggest bugbear for me with this phone was the lack of decent screen protection! For me, a MUST is a good tempered glass screen protector; I tried to install 2, both cracked, both got sent back to Amazon. Tried a 'well reviewed' plastic film protector, it did nothing but lift, it got sent back!

Back to an N6P now and loving the decent screen, flat screen with no Edge and the overall size!

If the Note 7 is to be released bypassing the Note 6 all together; it needs to be a flat-screen phablet and not some fancy Edge attempt that'll lose Samsung more customers again, IMO

This is about the only phone that interests me and may make me part with my N6P!
    Speak for yourself sir. The Note Edge is NOWHERE near related to the current "Edge" devices. Samsung engineers took the functionality of the Note Edge and dumbed it down and restricted it to the regular phones while calling it an "Edge".

If you have never interacted with a Note Edge AND a knockoff Edge, you have absolutely NO IDEA the difference between the two. Case in point. That screenshot is my homescreen. The second is my phone ringing ehule I'm typing this response. Everything can be handle feom the Edge screen. All my "apps" are on my Edge panels. You get 20 apps per panel. There are 3 panels. That's 60 apps. I only use one panel. My point?

Attached Thumbnails No Note 6?-screenshot_2016-05-29-18-15-05.jpg  
    05-29-2016 05:32 PM
    *Double*
    05-29-2016 05:33 PM
    Home Screen

Attached Thumbnails No Note 6?-screenshot_2016-05-29-18-09-44.jpg  
    05-29-2016 05:34 PM
    Home Screen

To me, it looks a little weird.

But I still dig the design of the Samsung Edge devices.

R.I.P GPe program
    05-30-2016 12:54 AM
    Awesome. But how do you physical remove the edge? I have had hands on with all the edge variants up to now. Did not like any of them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-30-2016 04:52 AM
    Speak for yourself sir. The Note Edge is NOWHERE near related to the current "Edge" devices. Samsung engineers took the functionality of the Note Edge and dumbed it down and restricted it to the regular phones while calling it an "Edge".

If you have never interacted with a Note Edge AND a knockoff Edge, you have absolutely NO IDEA the difference between the two. Case in point. That screenshot is my homescreen. The second is my phone ringing ehule I'm typing this response. Everything can be handle feom the Edge screen. All my "apps" are on my Edge panels. You get 20 apps per panel. There are 3 panels. That's 60 apps. I only use one panel. My point?

What the hell are you talking about?!

I haven't mentioned the Note Edge anywhere in my post; I mentioned the Note 5 and the S7 Edge...!
    05-30-2016 06:23 AM

The Note Edge was an ingenious idea. I absolutely loved mine. I was able to order have an almost blank home screen with all my apps just one or two thumb swipes away. It was the easiest big phone to use one handed. If they make a edge variant like the Note Edge, I am all over it!

NotAnAppleGuy likes this.
    05-31-2016 10:21 PM
    Did you forget what you wrote?? Here let me help you. The Note Edge is not the gimmick. The "S" phones with the "Edge" screen are the gimmicks. The Note Edge was a huge success meaning Samsung sold out of the limited number they did make. Again, if you have never interacted with the Edge panel on a NOTE, you can't compare the Note Edge to those phones that "claim" they have Edge tech.

Attached Thumbnails No Note 6?-screenshot_2016-06-01-09-40-08.jpg  
    06-01-2016 08:44 AM
    While I like my S7 Edge I would prefer the Note 7 (or 6 or whatever) to be a non-edge phone.
    recDNA likes this.
    06-01-2016 10:52 AM
    If they consolidate the Samsung flagship devices under the 'S' banner, they could easily name the new Note the 'Samsung Galaxy S7 Note'

Definitely not a fan of the edges though

recDNA likes this.
    06-01-2016 06:52 PM
    If they consolidate the Samsung flagship devices under the 'S' banner, they could easily name the new Note the 'Samsung Galaxy S7 Note'

Definitely not a fan of the edges though

Doesn't that sound kinda weird? I mean, the Note started out as some sort of experiment, and it was actually quite a success, so it kinda became a sort-of separate line that had a bit of its own identity while keeping some similarities with the S-line phone of the same year.

Of course, the Note 5 was a sign that Samsung wanted both of their phones to be closer to each other, but IMO, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Note sounds a little weird.
    06-01-2016 10:40 PM
    How about ditching the S for their flagships and just go 'Galaxy 7' and 'Galaxy Note7'.

They can save the one letters for their budget phones.

After all, these phones are THE Galaxy's.
    06-02-2016 04:59 AM
    Doesn't that sound kinda weird? I mean, the Note started out as some sort of experiment, and it was actually quite a success, so it kinda became a sort-of separate line that had a bit of its own identity while keeping some similarities with the S-line phone of the same year.

Of course, the Note 5 was a sign that Samsung wanted both of their phones to be closer to each other, but IMO, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Note sounds a little weird.
    I was just expanding on what another member posted. If Samsung is in fact skipping the 'Note 6' (which I think is a good idea for marketing purposes) they'll be right in line with the 'S' series. They look alike and have the same release number.

There are people that think every new Note is actually a year old because of the 'S' line comparison. I've come across that conversation more times than I can count.

06-02-2016 06:06 AM
    How about ditching the S for their flagships and just go 'Galaxy 7' and 'Galaxy Note7'.

They can save the one letters for their budget phones.

After all, these phones are THE Galaxy's.
    I like that idea lol.

06-03-2016 12:19 PM
41 12