No Note 6?

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Well No Note 6 Samsung going straight to Note 7

Did you all see the latest news reportedly there will be no Note 6, but that Samsung will go with the Note 7 to bring it to date with the S series of phones.

Today’s report also clarifies how recently rumored prototype testing wrapped up, with a dual-edged model purportedly selected as the single final Note 7 configuration. It remains to be seen if it’s going to be dubbed Galaxy Note 7 Edge, which doesn’t sound very plausible from a simplicity standpoint.

If these reports are true I am done with the Note and Samsung it was a great run the note 5 will be a collectors model for me as I pack it up and move on to other offerings. I just can't see going to a dual edge note 7 If I wanted that I would get the GS7 Edge.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Note 6

Yep and if this is true (see below) I will not be moving on to the note7 I do not want a GS7 Edge with a Spen but a note 7 its own design and device.

Today’s report also clarifies how recently rumored prototype testing wrapped up, with a dual-edged model purportedly selected as the single final Note 7 configuration. It remains to be seen if it’s going to be dubbed Galaxy Note 7 Edge, which doesn’t sound very plausible from a simplicity standpoint.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Well No Note 6 Samsung going straight to Note 7

I am not a fan of the edge. If the final product doesn't come close to the form factor if the 4, then I will look somewhere else...

Posted via the Android Central App

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

They wont do just a note edge. They will do both.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

They wont do just a note edge. They will do both.

Curious have you read all of the articles posted today its rare that everyone is on the same page and every post pulls exactly the below from the major players. I think it is something to that I hope you are right I just think that we may have had our last dual notes back when the note 4 and the note edge were released. Last year we got the note 5 and that S6 Edge Plus deal I can see them doing this vs releasing two phones.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Where are you getting this information? It's not on AC homepage yet, so maybe they will blog about it later?

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I hope there is a flat version with just as much ram etc. I would have purchased the s7 (not edge) if all the specs were the same as the edge (esp screen size)

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Personally I don't care if they call it the "Note Flabby Dabby". Just release it like they did with the Note 4/Edge at the same time. That way I can upgrade my two year old Note Edge to the Note Flabby Dabby.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: No Note 6

According to the article, they're skipping the 6 and naming it 7 just to align it with the S7 series. It's purely a marketing move. Lame! It's fitting though as they've made the Note series much like the S series, so much so might as well just combine them into one product and be done with it.

Not really. Not everyone wants a large phone. That's why the S series phones tend to appeal to that demographic. Me? The bigger the better.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Personally I don't care if they call it the "Note Flabby Dabby". Just release it like they did with the Note 4/Edge at the same time. That way I can upgrade my two year old Note Edge to the Note Flabby Dabby.

Hadn't planned to get it, but I will totally buy it if they call it the Note Flabby Dabby.

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I heard on pocketnow (maybe this is old news by now and they scrapped the idea), but I heard that they will have a note 6 and a note 6 lite. Maybe one of them will have edges and the other won't? It would be a real shame if they end up not giving consumers the option. Especially considering that the note is supposed to be like a note pad that's made to work with a pen. Would double edges really be convenient for something like that? Not for me..

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully they make 2 versions, since it's a productivity device and not a gimmicky device I'd hope they keep the regular version. If not, I'm onto looking at options, no interest here in any sort of edge device.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully they make 2 versions, since it's a productivity device and not a gimmicky device I'd hope they keep the regular version. If not, I'm onto looking at options, no interest here in any sort of edge device.

I agree. I think the edge devices look really great, but its not for me.