No Note 6?

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the regular S7, but that battery was terrible and im not used to smaller screened phones. So i went to the EDGE, but i got sick of the edge and i dont really like the edge screen. So i went back to my Note 5. Hope they do not make a note with edge display! that will be upsetting to me.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the regular S7, but that battery was terrible and im not used to smaller screened phones. So i went to the EDGE, but i got sick of the edge and i dont really like the edge screen. So i went back to my Note 5. Hope they do not make a note with edge display! that will be upsetting to me.

You do know that you can disable the edge screen feature, right?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Well No Note 6 Samsung going straight to Note 7

Personally I don't care if they call it the "Note Flabby Dabby". Just release it like they did with the Note 4/Edge at the same time. That way I can upgrade my two year old Note Edge to the Note Flabby Dabby.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Ha! I've missed you from the Note Edge forum! I too would like the Note Flabby Dabby...Edge.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I hope it doesn't come out as an Edge variety!

I loved my Note 5, regret selling it!

Had an S7 Edge for a few hours; couldn't get on with the design at all, so it got sold. The biggest bugbear for me with this phone was the lack of decent screen protection! For me, a MUST is a good tempered glass screen protector; I tried to install 2, both cracked, both got sent back to Amazon. Tried a 'well reviewed' plastic film protector, it did nothing but lift, it got sent back!

Back to an N6P now and loving the decent screen, flat screen with no Edge and the overall size!

If the Note 7 is to be released bypassing the Note 6 all together; it needs to be a flat-screen phablet and not some fancy Edge attempt that'll lose Samsung more customers again, IMO

This is about the only phone that interests me and may make me part with my N6P!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Well No Note 6 Samsung going straight to Note 7

Ha! I've missed you from the Note Edge forum! I too would like the Note Flabby Dabby...Edge.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Haha! MizWylie I'm there. It's just that "our" forum doesn't get alot of attention because allegedly our Note Edge is a "gimmick".
😂😅🤓

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I hope it doesn't come out as an Edge variety!

I loved my Note 5, regret selling it!

Had an S7 Edge for a few hours; couldn't get on with the design at all, so it got sold. The biggest bugbear for me with this phone was the lack of decent screen protection! For me, a MUST is a good tempered glass screen protector; I tried to install 2, both cracked, both got sent back to Amazon. Tried a 'well reviewed' plastic film protector, it did nothing but lift, it got sent back!

Back to an N6P now and loving the decent screen, flat screen with no Edge and the overall size!

If the Note 7 is to be released bypassing the Note 6 all together; it needs to be a flat-screen phablet and not some fancy Edge attempt that'll lose Samsung more customers again, IMO

This is about the only phone that interests me and may make me part with my N6P!

Speak for yourself sir. The Note Edge is NOWHERE near related to the current "Edge" devices. Samsung engineers took the functionality of the Note Edge and dumbed it down and restricted it to the regular phones while calling it an "Edge".

If you have never interacted with a Note Edge AND a knockoff Edge, you have absolutely NO IDEA the difference between the two. Case in point. That screenshot is my homescreen. The second is my phone ringing ehule I'm typing this response. Everything can be handle feom the Edge screen. All my "apps" are on my Edge panels. You get 20 apps per panel. There are 3 panels. That's 60 apps. I only use one panel. My point?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-29-18-15-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-29-18-15-05.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 119

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. But how do you physical remove the edge? I have had hands on with all the edge variants up to now. Did not like any of them.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Speak for yourself sir. The Note Edge is NOWHERE near related to the current "Edge" devices. Samsung engineers took the functionality of the Note Edge and dumbed it down and restricted it to the regular phones while calling it an "Edge".

If you have never interacted with a Note Edge AND a knockoff Edge, you have absolutely NO IDEA the difference between the two. Case in point. That screenshot is my homescreen. The second is my phone ringing ehule I'm typing this response. Everything can be handle feom the Edge screen. All my "apps" are on my Edge panels. You get 20 apps per panel. There are 3 panels. That's 60 apps. I only use one panel. My point?

What the hell are you talking about?!

I haven't mentioned the Note Edge anywhere in my post; I mentioned the Note 5 and the S7 Edge...!

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The Note Edge was an ingenious idea. I absolutely loved mine. I was able to order have an almost blank home screen with all my apps just one or two thumb swipes away. It was the easiest big phone to use one handed. If they make a edge variant like the Note Edge, I am all over it!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Did you forget what you wrote?? Here let me help you. The Note Edge is not the gimmick. The "S" phones with the "Edge" screen are the gimmicks. The Note Edge was a huge success meaning Samsung sold out of the limited number they did make. Again, if you have never interacted with the Edge panel on a NOTE, you can't compare the Note Edge to those phones that "claim" they have Edge tech.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-01-09-40-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-09-40-08.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 77

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While I like my S7 Edge I would prefer the Note 7 (or 6 or whatever) to be a non-edge phone.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
If they consolidate the Samsung flagship devices under the 'S' banner, they could easily name the new Note the 'Samsung Galaxy S7 Note'

Definitely not a fan of the edges though

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If they consolidate the Samsung flagship devices under the 'S' banner, they could easily name the new Note the 'Samsung Galaxy S7 Note'

Definitely not a fan of the edges though

Doesn't that sound kinda weird? I mean, the Note started out as some sort of experiment, and it was actually quite a success, so it kinda became a sort-of separate line that had a bit of its own identity while keeping some similarities with the S-line phone of the same year.

Of course, the Note 5 was a sign that Samsung wanted both of their phones to be closer to each other, but IMO, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Note sounds a little weird.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
How about ditching the S for their flagships and just go 'Galaxy 7' and 'Galaxy Note7'.

They can save the one letters for their budget phones.

After all, these phones are THE Galaxy's.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't that sound kinda weird? I mean, the Note started out as some sort of experiment, and it was actually quite a success, so it kinda became a sort-of separate line that had a bit of its own identity while keeping some similarities with the S-line phone of the same year.

Of course, the Note 5 was a sign that Samsung wanted both of their phones to be closer to each other, but IMO, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Note sounds a little weird.

I was just expanding on what another member posted. If Samsung is in fact skipping the 'Note 6' (which I think is a good idea for marketing purposes) they'll be right in line with the 'S' series. They look alike and have the same release number.

There are people that think every new Note is actually a year old because of the 'S' line comparison. I've come across that conversation more times than I can count.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance