2 versions of Galaxy Note 6

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
For the love of all that is Android PLEEEEEEASE let there be a Note Edge 2. P L E A S E......

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

You really like the Note Edge, huh? I may have to give it a try if there is a Note Edge 2.

Posted via the Android Central App

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You really like the Note Edge, huh? I may have to give it a try if there is a Note Edge 2.

Best phone I have ever had. What puts it above all the other "Edge Esque" phones is that the Note took the panel and actually made it useful. It functions as part of the home screen, notification center, if the phone rings while you are in an app- the notification comes in on the panel.

The Note version makes it so you don't need a single icon on your home screen. Text alerts, yahoo news, breaking news, nasdaq blah blah- all come in on the Edge panel. The Edge panel on the "regular phones" is nothing more than a dumbed down version that came from the Note.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Best phone I have ever had. What puts it above all the other "Edge Esque" phones is that the Note took the panel and actually made it useful. It functions as part of the home screen, notification center, if the phone rings while you are in an app- the notification comes in on the panel.

The Note version makes it so you don't need a single icon on your home screen. Text alerts, yahoo news, breaking news, nasdaq blah blah- all come in on the Edge panel. The Edge panel on the "regular phones" is nothing more than a dumbed down version that came from the Note.

Yeah the Note Edge was a separate screen wasn't it? So it operated on its own without interfering with the main display?

I loved how the side panels looked on the note edge and some snazzy designs. The only things I disliked was the bigger top/bottom bezels, but wasn't that because the actual screen was 5.5" ?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the Note Edge was a separate screen wasn't it? So it operated on its own without interfering with the main display?

I loved how the side panels looked on the note edge and some snazzy designs. The only things I disliked was the bigger top/bottom bezels, but wasn't that because the actual screen was 5.5" ?

Yep. The icons/apps on the Edge panel manipulated the main screen. So if I was texting and the phone rings, the phone rings and you answer it via the panel. You can still text on the main screen without any interference.

That's why people who comment on the Note Edge based on their experience with the "regular phones" and have never interacted with the Note Edge is hilarious.

It's like comparing a Nissan GTR to a Honda Accord. Yes they are both cars, but it stops there lol.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's what I thought as well, but really, the Note 6/7 Edge will likely look and work the same way as the one on the S6e/S7e, if the renders that have been leaked out are accurate.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for flat screen version. Note should be for work not silly prettiness. This is especially true since the edge 7 is getting a rep for being delicate. If I had my way only screen would be glass.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
We are not getting 2 notes only one and its dual curved edges called the note 7 edge or whatever but not a flat and a curved model.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Looks as if I'm in the minority here but I'd love to have a dual edge Note 7.

I know the edges are gimmicky and honestly do not use mine on my S6 Edge + but daaaam it's sooo sexy imho

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have to find a new phone line. I have no desire to have a dual edge Note. My husband had a S7Edge and I don't really care for it

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks as if I'm in the minority here but I'd love to have a dual edge Note 7.

I know the edges are gimmicky and honestly do not use mine on my S6 Edge + but daaaam it's sooo sexy imho
For the life of me I cannot understand looking at a phone as sexy. I can appreciate people have different needs but I just can't see what sexines has to do with it. Oh well.

If the Note 6/7 really does have a dual edge display a la S7 Edge I will be even more satisfied with my decision to go with the S7 Active.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't imagine it either, until I got the S7 Edge. It's just a striking phone.

With that said, there's no real need for the Note to do the exact same thing.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
For the life of me I cannot understand looking at a phone as sexy. I can appreciate people have different needs but I just can't see what sexines has to do with it. Oh well.

I don't think she meant she is sexually attracted to the phone... I think she meant that it looks nice.