07-14-2016 11:27 AM
52 123
tools
    Sorry, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I LOVED the Note Edge. If it is anything like that I am all in!

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2016 10:22 PM
    To elaborate, this is from a CNET review of the S7 Edge:

Navigating the Edge
    I liked being able to jump into the edge display navigation from any screen, without having to go back to the start screen as you would normally have to do. This was an easy way to reach out to a favorite contact and my most-used app.

This came in very handy. It allowed me to have my home screen very clean!

06-22-2016 10:44 PM
    Me too

06-23-2016 12:03 AM
    I don't see what utility the curved edge brings with it. Just bling?
    06-23-2016 04:23 AM
    I don't see what utility the curved edge brings with it. Just bling?
    Everything the edge provides

Which can be useful like it is on the S7 edge

Curved displays are Samsung future hell it's expected on the next iPhone
    06-23-2016 05:03 AM
    Bling.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    06-23-2016 05:59 AM
    On top of no glass screen protectors available for these edge screen phones they are nothing more then a gimmick. Have 2 S7 Edges and a regular S7 and I use the regular S7 as my daily driver. The edge features are something that's cool at first but never even use them after a few weeks.
    I walk around with the S7 edge always afraid of when it will break, with all that curved glass hanging out in the air, it's just a matter of time before it shatters.
    06-23-2016 08:50 AM
    On top of no glass screen protectors available for these edge screen phones they are nothing more then a gimmick. Have 2 S7 Edges and a regular S7 and I use the regular S7 as my daily driver. The edge features are something that's cool at first but never even use them after a few weeks.
    I walk around with the S7 edge always afraid of when it will break, with all that curved glass hanging out in the air, it's just a matter of time before it shatters.
    I keep forgetting about the screen protector aspect. So, since this is a curved display, it will not have the nice glass feel as well that we are accustomed to with the flat screens, I'm assuming.
    06-23-2016 10:06 AM
    There ARE glass screen protectors for the edge phones!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C4...cUvbUpU5236756
    06-23-2016 11:30 AM
    There ARE glass screen protectors for the edge phones!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C4...cUvbUpU5237071
    And NONE of them work. Just threw away a $54.99 Zagg Curve, POS.
    06-23-2016 03:16 PM
    I believe the curved Display will look like this:

Note 7 to be just a curved display?-note-67-main-u00252b-u00252btechfoogle.jpg

06-23-2016 03:40 PM
    And NONE of them work. Just threw away a $54.99 Zagg Curve, POS.
    Really? Well that doesn't sound good

What's the issue? It doesn't cling on the sides?
    06-23-2016 04:53 PM
    No such phone exists. I might dislike the curved version but I'll buy it. A curved NOTE is better than no Note!

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.
    06-23-2016 04:57 PM
    Really? Well that doesn't sound good

What's the issue? It doesn't cling on the sides?
    I have tried every tempered glass for the S7 Edge and all have failed. The full screen ones only stick to the top, bottom and thin sides. They have the dot matrix over the display area and the touch sensitivity is impacted so bad that the phone is pretty much useless.
    Also if you try to install a case they pop right off. The only protector that works even a little is a crappy film one. I would much rather have a nice flat display. I will purchase the Note 7 no matter what but will not be too thrilled with another curved display.
    06-23-2016 05:10 PM
    I've owned and loved all my Notes 1 thru 5,,, I recently got an S7 Edge, couldn't stand the edge'ness so I returned it for the flat S7 and I also have an iPhone 6s.
    Now on my upcoming shopping list is the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and the Note 7,,,, if the Note 7 is an Edge design I will remove it from my shopping list,,, a FLAT Note 7, YES,,,, a curved Note 7, no way !!!!
    Cheers
    Davyo
    felloffthetruck and TJA3500 like this.
    06-26-2016 09:03 AM
    I always been a Note guy and also had the Note 2 thru 5.

I recently had a chance to get a S7 edge and have now been using it for a couple of days. I must say, it's pretty sweet! Mainly because of the look and feel of the edges. I have turned all of the edge apps off for now.

It came with a Pelican case and I'm not seeing any kind of screen protection from the case?

I'm still playing with it now, but if I didn't get such a smoking deal, I would've preferred the flat S7.
    06-26-2016 09:23 AM
    Only consideration would be plus 7 on apple. But I am hooked on the damn Spen

calicocat2010 likes this.
    06-28-2016 03:40 PM
    I agree with most in that i would prefer a flat standard screen. The curved screen seems to open to breakage.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    06-29-2016 03:41 AM
    Can't see myself doing photo editing or drawing with the S Pen on a curved display.
    Don't like the distortion of the image at the edges either.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    06-29-2016 09:02 PM
    No way on a curved edge display. If Samsung gave me one free I wouldn't take it.
    I would definitely take it and use it as a phone for my free time. My work phone would remain as the Note 4. Free? Easily. But I'm also definitely not buying it.

Original Note Priorities:
    1. Function
    2. Form

Modern Note Priorities
    1. Form
    2. Function

Iris scanner is super cool but still a gimmick

The edge screen also serves more as an aesthetically pleasing feature. My wife has the flat S7.
    She upgraded from the S6 edge. The "edge" was cool for only so long.

debdroid1a and Inders99 like this.
    06-30-2016 01:07 PM
    To elaborate, this is from a CNET review of the S7 Edge:

Navigating the Edge
    I liked being able to jump into the edge display navigation from any screen, without having to go back to the start screen as you would normally have to do. This was an easy way to reach out to a favorite contact and my most-used app.

This came in very handy. It allowed me to have my home screen very clean!

I've used Nova Launcher for years so I've been able to do this on any phone I've had.
    06-30-2016 08:21 PM
    Sorry, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I LOVED the Note Edge. If it is anything like that I am all in!

The Note Edge was a nice phone, but I don't think that two curved, smaller edges will bring the same experience. I would prefer a flat version over one with two curved edges.
    07-12-2016 08:59 PM
    The Note 5 is flat...just sayin

07-13-2016 12:16 AM
    I have tried every tempered glass for the S7 Edge and all have failed. The full screen ones only stick to the top, bottom and thin sides. They have the dot matrix over the display area and the touch sensitivity is impacted so bad that the phone is pretty much useless.
    Also if you try to install a case they pop right off. The only protector that works even a little is a crappy film one. I would much rather have a nice flat display. I will purchase the Note 7 no matter what but will not be too thrilled with another curved display.
    How cases will work with screen protectors is a valid concern. I've had problems with older Notes and trying to find the right case/screen protector (non-glass) combination so that the protector didn't get out of alignment, or peel up due to the case. I think this area (case + screen protector) will be an even more important decision than what phone color to get.
    07-13-2016 06:49 AM
    The Note Edge was a nice phone, but I don't think that two curved, smaller edges will bring the same experience. I would prefer a flat version over one with two curved edges.
    I'm concerned about the smallness of the edges as well. Especially with specific themes and launchers. Will icons actually fit?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    07-13-2016 07:35 AM
52 123