Note 7 to be just a curved display?

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't even hold the 5 without a case because my hands touch the screen. If they only release a curved screen model, I'll have to pass.

Posted via the Android Central App

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Samsung should always give their customers options to choose from. I'm OK with the flat screen model.

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

Raydee

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I will be looking elsewhere if the edge version is the only one released. I moved from the Note 3 to the Nexus 6p and have really missed my Note. I was really looking forward to the new Note but I do not like or want the curved display at all.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope there is a normal Note. I feel there will be two versions and the edge will be better :(.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I always think of Note as a "work" phone and GSwhatever as a play phone. Phones meant to substitute for a laptop and do real work should have tough flat screens. Where I would lose most of you is "work" phones imo should not have glass backs. Just makes them more fragile. Plastic or metal work for me but I honestly prefer plastic. The Note series should not be the "pretty" one. That is what GS series is for.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I think the the Note should be tougher. I drive trucks and operate heavy equipment and have to take extra care where I put my phone. I use my old Droid Razr at work most of the time because I don't care if it gets beat up but miss the S Pen which I use use a lot.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the the Note should be tougher. I drive trucks and operate heavy equipment and have to take extra care where I put my phone. I use my old Droid Razr at work most of the time because I don't care if it gets beat up but miss the Spen which I use use a lot.
It's funny. I work in a lab so my only excuse is clumsiness. That said, I like a powerful phone that does it all and won't fall apart or crack in a slight fall. I use Verizon so never get a shot at those "active" versions ATT has that are supposed to be tougher. My Note 3 takes a beating. I don't think the Note 5 would last long in my hands. Bound to fall of a lab bench eventually.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
If it's an edge device I'm out, I just want a powerful "regular" device which I can put a modest case around and not worry about the edges.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'd have to see it before ruling it out, but I just don't see the pen working well with curved edges, and I find these phones much harder to use one handed because my hand collides with the edge while reaching towards the top left of the screen.

Edge worked OK on the smaller S6 edge, but the Edge plus and S7 edge are too big.

Not to mention these things are more fragile, my S7 already looks beat and abused compared to my old Note 3, glass back gets scratched up inside a case, makes no sense. And the metal frame scratches easily too.

Posted via the Android Central App