07-19-2016 07:19 PM
216 1234 ...
tools
    i think you will find that none removable battery will be the norm for most makes ,so you may have to put up with it or go to a phone with a removable battery but crap on specs
    I get that, I don't understand the rational, but I'll have to join the crowd...reluctantly. However, someone got the message, the newest offering from LG sports a replaceable battery, I'd consider that significant. I'm not going to get another LG because I'll be opting for the productivity functionality of the Note, but someone out there is listening for sure. Hopefully the trend is catching.
    06-20-2016 08:01 AM
    However, someone got the message, the newest offering from LG sports a replaceable battery, I'd consider that significant.
    Not to mention it's a metal body to boot, for what that's worth.
    pmjj likes this.
    06-20-2016 08:54 AM
    Must have SD support. Removable battery. IR Blaster and ditch that shiny glass crap. After owning the first 4 Notes, I happily skipped the 5th due to iCrap clone features Samsung tried to push off. A huge step backwards IMO.
    pmjj and Inders99 like this.
    06-20-2016 10:16 AM
    Well then I am also one of the few that would prefer a Removable Battery and SD Card.. I just wanted to make sure my vote was counted since there are so few of us...
    06-20-2016 10:22 AM
    I have been Considering the LG Models just for that very reason they have the LG V10 I kind of like that phone and it has a removable battery!
    06-20-2016 10:24 AM
    AGREED!!!
    Inders99 likes this.
    06-20-2016 11:12 AM
    Give up on the removable battery, its never going to happen again, the SD card is going to be there though.
    06-20-2016 11:23 AM
    I'm sure this will have specs to the max, but just way too big for me.
    06-20-2016 11:32 AM
    Must have SD support. Removable battery. IR Blaster and ditch that shiny glass crap. After owning the first 4 Notes, I happily skipped the 5th due to iCrap clone features Samsung tried to push off. A huge step backwards IMO.
    ROTFLMAO Not at you personally, just the fact that after listening for a number of years about the cheap plastic, battery using IR blaster that no one uses, water issues with a removable back, etc. etc. etc. Samsung listens and produces the phone people insisted they wanted ---- now they want exactly what they complained about. Got to love human nature. LOL
    gregg6942 and debdroid1a like this.
    06-20-2016 11:48 AM
    I didn't upgrade from my Note 4 because I use the IR blaster all the time. I like the removable battery option as well. Since I have Marshmallow now, the Note 4 is still reasonable even on somewhat dated hardware. Not sure I have anywhere to go from here. I don't understand the fixation with the glass back. I put all my phones in a case immediately so I really don't care what the back looks like. I must not be the only one since apparently lots of cases are still sold. At some point (and I think we have reached that point), "thin" has become "too thin."
    Inders99, mcm180 and recDNA like this.
    06-20-2016 12:01 PM
    ROTFLMAO Not at you personally, just the fact that after listening for a number of years about the cheap plastic, battery using IR blaster that no one uses, water issues with a removable back, etc. etc. etc. Samsung listens and produces the phone people insisted they wanted ---- now they want exactly what they complained about. Got to love human nature. LOL
    Agree, I read all the "cheap plastic" concerns too...none from me however, aesthetics don't factor into my evaluation of phones. I don't recall anyone asking to have the replaceable battery eliminated though.
    06-20-2016 12:02 PM
    The only question thats important- Does it have a removable battery/sd card???

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    I doubt the removable battery part but most likely an SD card slot.
    06-20-2016 12:08 PM
    Lol I didn't ask you what you prefer. And believe me, a removable battery/sd card is very important to alot of people. The world does not revolve around you.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    I think you'd be surprised how few people care about that. The case being Samsung would continue it if it were important.
    06-20-2016 12:12 PM
    Give up on the removable battery, its never going to happen again, the SD card is going to be there though.
    Yep!
    If they are holding out for a removable battery.
    I could just about bet money, they will not come back.

Since the S7E had the Sd card you can bet it will have the SD card.
    And I would really like the IR blaster, But I wouldn't hold my breath.

You might as well look at another phone.
    06-20-2016 12:16 PM
    Really wish there was a removable battery and IR blaster. That really matters to me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    recDNA likes this.
    06-20-2016 12:39 PM
    If they brought back the SD card, then removable batteries wouldn't be out of the question in my opinion. Especially with seeing how that was a big factor for people going with the likes of G4 and V10. With the G5, they proved it's also possible to go with a metal body to boot.

Now if only Samsung would do something about the bad screen colors on their displays...
    Inders99 likes this.
    06-20-2016 12:56 PM
    Sd for sure following the s7, Removable battery very unlikely following the last few Samsung flagships
    06-20-2016 01:41 PM
    If they brought back the SD card, then removable batteries wouldn't be out of the question in my opinion. Especially with seeing how that was a big factor for people going with the likes of G4 and V10. With the G5, they proved it's also possible to go with a metal body to boot.

Now if only Samsung would do something about the bad screen colors on their displays...
    I would say it'll be out of the question since the Note usually mimics the Galaxy lines and this year the SD card is there for the Galaxy devices but not the removable battery.
    06-20-2016 01:45 PM
    I can actually live without the removable battery AND the SD Card. Invest in cloud storage and ditch the SD Card. If they do a removable battery then we'll have to deal with the crappy plastic seals for making it water resistant. I'd rather have an enclosed body for better water resistance than a removable battery.

This article says the Note 7 could be unveiled on August 2nd so we're probably looking at a late August release date.
    beh likes this.
    06-20-2016 03:38 PM
    I've never needed water resistance in my phones since they've been invented. I have needed to replace the batteries many times, no question which is more important IMO.
    Mooncatt, pmjj, recDNA and 1 others like this.
    06-20-2016 04:41 PM
    So if we are so close to a release, where all the specs and leaks about hardware?
    06-20-2016 05:12 PM
    5.8" 2k display
    Snapdragon 823
    S7 Edge design
    Sd card/ water proof
    4000mHa battery

So it's basically a larger S7 Edge
    06-21-2016 07:44 AM
    YES!!! Just added the date, plus a countdown to my home screen. Can't wait to pre-order the N7. Just a long as I have an SD card slot, we should be good to go!! COme on T-MO!!!!
    06-21-2016 08:23 AM
    If there will be no removable battery, then AT LEAST offer the water resistance!!!
    Those smudgy, fudgy glass phones are gross. Looking forward to the end of the glass fad.
    recDNA likes this.
    06-21-2016 09:03 AM
    I am excited. I will be two months from my Verizon upgrade in August and I am grandfathered for one last early upgrade, but I will give Verizon my final two payments to get this phone in August since we will be going on vacation and I will love to go with a new phone. I don't want to give Verizon my perfectly good Note 4 after making more than $650 in payments.

I am hoping for an all edged version. I am also sure there will be no removable battery, but that seems to be the trend. Happy to hear the SD card slot will be back. Hoping Verizon will offer large capacity internal storage. I need a lot. Also hoping Zagg will have glass for this phone when released.

Hurry up Sammy :-)
    dcooper830 likes this.
    06-21-2016 09:09 AM
216 1234 ...