07-19-2016 07:19 PM
216 12345 ...
tools
    I want the water resistance. I get 8n the rain a lot.
    So if water resistance is not good for you. I know a heck of a lot of people whom has dropped their phones in water.
    Seems when they are doing something important, they think they can hold it in their shoulders.
    Got a planatronics ear bud.
    And one thing that will separate it from the S7E is 6gb ram memory.
    A faster processor. A larger battery.
    I hear 4200 ah.
    Better camera.
    Don't thing they are gonna give you everything.
    Just enough to keep you to wanting.

Hope Samsung can hang this fall , with some new updates.
    I don't like Apple phones oh.

But Apples stocks ain't done well.
    So look for Apple to release some new phones and tablets.
    06-21-2016 09:26 AM
    Pretty much guaranteed no removable battery and with SD card
    Sounds about right.
    Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Full phone specifications
    06-21-2016 12:53 PM
    Call Samsung and tell them. See if they will tell you anything.
    They don't care.

I would just about bet they will not return to removable batteries again.
    That is what they told me.
    And this is Korea.

And plan on holding on the phone.+1 800-726-7864
    06-21-2016 12:54 PM
    Synycalwon, you OBVIOUSLY get it!

Yes, its all about freedom from being tethered and maybe most of all freedom from concerns over whether I'll have enough juice now, or in the next several hours. There is no way that BEH has actually used a replaceable battery and swapped during his daily usage. Quotes like "pocket full of parts" and "pockets full of extra batterieS" tell me the guy is like most among the masses. They are so accustomed to the daily "slave to tethering" life, that the idea of freedom is foreign. Heck, the vest majority of S/Note users over the years never took advantage of battery swapping while they had the chance. An extra charger or chargers, and an extra cell or more is revolutionary in the daily usage of a smartphone. For heavy users that is.

I'm almost like you, but not quite. I nearly went to the Note 4 from the 3, but tried the 5 instead. Like everything about the 5 better except sealed battery, stupid glass back(mine's broken already), and loss of SD. The SD aint the end of the world, even though it's a downgrade. But going back to the charging cord / tether has made me function differently each day. I have to regularly worry about if I have enough power for the next event, and plan on a car or wall charger if not enough. Battery swapping is light years better. I almost said No to the 5 and the Note altogether for something with a replaceable cell. But the shiny new and stylus wooed me.
    Inders99 and Guyinbox like this.
    06-21-2016 01:00 PM
    I would just about bet they will not return to removable batteries again.
    Agreed. The market yelled and screamed too hard saying that Samsung makes "cheap plastic phones" so .. they changed it up to follow the majority.
    06-21-2016 01:00 PM
    Synycalwon, you OBVIOUSLY get it!

Yes, its all about freedom from being tethered and maybe most of all freedom from concerns over whether I'll have enough juice now, or in the next several hours. There is no way that BEH has actually used a replaceable battery and swapped during his daily usage. Quotes like "pocket full of parts" and "pockets full of extra batterieS" tell me the guy is like most among the masses. They are so accustomed to the daily "slave to tethering" life, that the idea of freedom is foreign. Heck, the vest majority of S/Note users over the years never took advantage of battery swapping while they had the chance. An extra charger or chargers, and an extra cell or more is revolutionary in the daily usage of a smartphone. For heavy users that is.
    Or he just has different needs like most people do? I would say let's go with that .

I am a heavy user and while yes... I did like the removable battery... I can live with being plugged into a battery pack. Usually I am not running around constantly where that would be an issue. I am able to use QC and get enough juice off the pack, car, wherever to the point where I have never had an issue of worrying about battery life while I did my daily tasks / leisure in life.

That is not me saying that I don't see the benefit for some .. but just pointing out there are two sides to everything.
    wlonsdale likes this.
    06-21-2016 01:03 PM
    I think the crowd that wants a removable battery is considerably smaller than the crowd that wants a water-resistant and premium built device. Samsung is going to cater to the larger crowd obviously.
    06-21-2016 01:23 PM
    I like the water resistance is great. However, I don't think it is necessary in the rain. Think about it. If all of your ports are on the bottom ie headphone jack, charging port and speakers than the rain won't get into the device. Now if you are in some monsoon or hurricane I would certainly understand.
    06-21-2016 01:25 PM
    How is it going to be a August 2nd release if they are announcing it on that day? That would leave no room for pre orders!

I'd anticipate a later, maybe August 15th as previously noted, release date.
    06-21-2016 01:40 PM
    ROTFLMAO Not at you personally, just the fact that after listening for a number of years about the cheap plastic, battery using IR blaster that no one uses, water issues with a removable back, etc. etc. etc. Samsung listens and produces the phone people insisted they wanted ---- now they want exactly what they complained about. Got to love human nature. LOL
    I'm not sure it was the users demanding a glass or metal back so much as the reviewers, who somehow decided that they just had to complain about plastic being "cheap." I think it was a case of getting on the bandwagon; after a few reviewers complained about cheap plastic, nearly all of them decided that they had to, too. I loved the feel of my Note 4 - the textured back and the edges around the sides made it very easy to hold onto, much better IMO than the Note 5. I also prefer being able to peel that back off and change batteries, though I'm now living without that. Not having a micro SD card slot is a deal-breaker, though.
    Inders99 and mcm180 like this.
    06-21-2016 04:44 PM
    Based on the specs provided on this page, this phone is coming with a Li-Po battery over a Li-Ion battery.

Here is a basic rundown:

If you remove the relatively voluminous plastic case with standard lithium-ion cells inside, and you instead stick flat, flexible lithium-ion polymer cells in the same amount of space, you get more power to play with in the same volume – but the basic battery technology itself is the same: lithium-ion. This is what they call “lithium-polymer” these days.

So, if you ever have two choices for purchasing a gizmo, and one has a lithium-ion battery and the other has a lithium-polymer, don’t worry: As far as you’re concerned, it’s all the same thing, but in a different package.

More details here: Lithium Polymer vs Lithium-Ion batteries: What’s the deal? | Scottie's Tech.Info

I can tell you from my RC Cars Days, I LOVE Li-Po because of the extra power you get from Li-Ion or Ni-Cad batteries of the same size. I also get longer run times and again, the POWER.

One of my cars tops out at 35Mph with Li-Ion and with Li-Po, I get 60+Mph on the same straightaway.

Not sure how this will translate for Cell Phones, but I think it's a good shot!
    06-21-2016 06:02 PM
    Based on the specs provided on this page, this phone is coming with a Li-Po battery over a Li-Ion battery.

Here is a basic rundown:

If you remove the relatively voluminous plastic case with standard lithium-ion cells inside, and you instead stick flat, flexible lithium-ion polymer cells in the same amount of space, you get more power to play with in the same volume – but the basic battery technology itself is the same: lithium-ion. This is what they call “lithium-polymer” these days.

So, if you ever have two choices for purchasing a gizmo, and one has a lithium-ion battery and the other has a lithium-polymer, don’t worry: As far as you’re concerned, it’s all the same thing, but in a different package.

More details here: Lithium Polymer vs Lithium-Ion batteries: What’s the deal? | Scottie's Tech.Info

I can tell you from my RC Cars Days, I LOVE Li-Po because of the extra power you get from Li-Ion or Ni-Cad batteries of the same size. I also get longer run times and again, the POWER.

One of my cars tops out at 35Mph with Li-Ion and with Li-Po, I get 60+Mph on the same straightaway.

Not sure how this will translate for Cell Phones, but I think it's a good shot!
    My last phone was an M8 and it also used a Lipo battery. For our uses, yeah, not much difference in performance. Now if only they would allow us to charge the phones at similar rates to RC Lipo batteries. With QC2.0, we're still not even hitting a full 1C charge rate. With the modern RC's, they are regularly capable of 3C charge rates, and some supposedly 5C. My G4 has a 3000mAh battery and the thought of pushing 9-15A to the battery is a little mind boggling.
    06-21-2016 06:33 PM
    Unless it has:
    • Removeable Battery
    • microSD Support
    • IR Blaster

I'll be sticking with my Note4. I use all 3 of these daily, and losing one or more would be a dip in QoL I'm not prepared to accept.
    06-21-2016 06:43 PM
    I have to agree with this. In all the decades I've had a cell phone, I've never dropped my phone in water, or suffered water damage. Water resistance isn't that big of a deal for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2016 07:29 PM
    So I guess my question would be............. what perk do you want with your pre-order. VR goggles, a fast wireless charger or something else?

And look they changed the forum name.

06-21-2016 08:02 PM
    You'll prob get the SD, but still go without the other two. :-(
    06-21-2016 08:34 PM
    No flat screen on the note 7
    One version only...(edge)
    From sammobile a couple of hours ago
    Horrible decision samsung
    Edge screen is horrible
    Went to tmobile store, checked out the s7 edge ...beautiful phone ...fast...great camera ...
    But esge screen is horrible ...terrible glare on top of the screen when trying to watch a video...what's the use of a 2k screen if you can't watch video on it????
    Keeping my note 5 until something better comes alone
    Very disappointed...samsung

debdroid1a and Inders99 like this.
    06-21-2016 09:23 PM
    Only advantage with a sealed embedded battery is water resistance (although even the S5 had this) and perceived aesthetics (form over function and purely subjective). Otherwise a user-replaceable battery is about functionality, more so freedom. Freedom to use the phone as hard as you want knowing there's a fully charged spare (or spares if you so choose) always at the ready to get back to an immediate full charge again (I use this often where I'm out and about all day and take a spare battery along). Freedom to use and abuse a battery without worry for its longevity since it can be easily replaced at minimal cost (no built-in obsolescence!). Freedom to never have to connect the phone itself to a charging source leaving it always untethered free to be used anytime (without a cable or charging pack connected to it).

I love all that freedom and why I consider a user-replaceable battery a must have feature! I can only hope Samsung brings it back with a future Note device or I'll be looking elsewhere when the time comes to move on from the Note 4.
    Agreed. I'd rather have functionality. I thought the s5 was a great phone. I loved it. More than my note 4 even. I miss Samsung's with removable batteries. I'm glad they brought sad cards back.
    06-21-2016 11:44 PM
    Here is the aforementioned Sammobile article: Galaxy Note 7 to have dual-edge curved design, no flat variant in the works - SamMobile

This is crazy, Samsung has ruined the Note line IMHO. First via a neutered Note 5, now with this!

Excerpt:

"nothing coming out of Korea indicates that a flat Galaxy Note 7 is on the way. Now, we’re getting what should be a second wake-up call for the non-edge crowd.

Korea is now telling us that “Samsung is not considering launching a flat screen version of the Note phone.” Samsung is having a change in strategy, with the company aiming more for profitability instead of marketshare these days without neglecting either, and the decision to go full-on with the Galaxy Note 7 edge instead of crafting a flat variant seems to be in line with the Korean giant’s new direction. Not only will the Galaxy Note 7 edge help Samsung increase its overall profit, but it will also give Samsung the opportunity to showcase its newest idea that is becoming something of a new fad"
    Wouldn't an dual edge on a note make it pointless? Like what good is the stylus with two edges?
    dario12v likes this.
    06-21-2016 11:55 PM
    Here is the aforementioned Sammobile article: Galaxy Note 7 to have dual-edge curved design, no flat variant in the works - SamMobile

This is crazy, Samsung has ruined the Note line IMHO. First via a neutered Note 5, now with this!

Excerpt:

"nothing coming out of Korea indicates that a flat Galaxy Note 7 is on the way. Now, we’re getting what should be a second wake-up call for the non-edge crowd.

Korea is now telling us that “Samsung is not considering launching a flat screen version of the Note phone.” Samsung is having a change in strategy, with the company aiming more for profitability instead of marketshare these days without neglecting either, and the decision to go full-on with the Galaxy Note 7 edge instead of crafting a flat variant seems to be in line with the Korean giant’s new direction. Not only will the Galaxy Note 7 edge help Samsung increase its overall profit, but it will also give Samsung the opportunity to showcase its newest idea that is becoming something of a new fad"
    The screen won't be curved like the s7 edge though
    06-22-2016 12:55 AM
    Bummer
    06-22-2016 06:06 AM
    Well, sure, I've never suffered water damage either..... but that was because I had to stop using my phone and stow it away or run for cover.
    With water resistance, that is no longer an issue.
    If we aren't getting a removable battery, then it would be nice to GET something for that sacrifice.
    06-22-2016 07:08 AM
    The screen won't be curved like the s7 edge though
    Where did you see this information? Was is just from the renders of someone's recollection from a few weeks ago or something in a recent article? I didn't see anything lately. But, I am hoping that the edges are modest as well and not as curved as the s7 edge if they aren't offering a flat screen version.
    06-22-2016 10:03 AM
    Where did you see this information? Was is just from the renders of someone's recollection from a few weeks ago or something in a recent article? I didn't see anything lately. But, I am hoping that the edges are modest as well and not as curved as the s7 edge if they aren't offering a flat screen version.
    Based off rumours and the mock up picture we saw

The edges don't seem anywhere near as curved as the current S7 edge
    06-22-2016 10:16 AM
    ROTFLMAO Not at you personally, just the fact that after listening for a number of years about the cheap plastic, battery using IR blaster that no one uses, water issues with a removable back, etc. etc. etc. Samsung listens and produces the phone people insisted they wanted ---- now they want exactly what they complained about. Got to love human nature. LOL
    Not everyone wanted it. Sales figures should have revealed that. Who the hell wants a glass back? I don't recall any cries for that.What good is it? Why not build a phone out of tissue paper? I also never heard anyone saying ir blaster ruined their phone. Many people wanted metal and dual front speakers but I don't recall any cries for glass back.
    06-22-2016 10:34 AM
216 12345 ...