07-19-2016 07:19 PM
216 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Without a pen, I don't think they could call it a Note.
    The display showed an Bendable Pen to go inside the Note 7. That is what meant as questionable. I need the pen for my business.
    06-23-2016 03:49 PM
    Really?? I must've missed that announcement but I'm glad if they do offer it. Not too excited if the Note 7 only comes with an Edge tho. Was hoping for a slab instead. We'll have to wait and see.
    I was told when I was in the store last week. Sammy and Apple

Posted via the Android Central App
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    06-23-2016 03:55 PM
    I wonder if all Sammys with Q chips are going to be completely locked up like the new S7 and previous Verizon S5

Kenny
    06-23-2016 04:05 PM
    4000 mAh battery would be huge improvement. Weird curved s pen as bad as weird curved screen. Wish I could get 64gb internal and skip the sd card unmounted popups. I prefer old usb mini plug. Can't I even get a rumor of ir blaster back?

Sounds like it might cost even more than s7e. Under a grand?
    06-23-2016 04:07 PM
    Really?? I must've missed that announcement but I'm glad if they do offer it. Not too excited if the Note 7 only comes with an Edge tho. Was hoping for a slab instead. We'll have to wait and see.
    Flat version for less $
    OceanView and Aquila like this.
    06-23-2016 04:20 PM
    Can't I even get a rumor of ir blaster back?
    this /\
    mcm180 likes this.
    06-23-2016 07:19 PM
    You're not wrong, you're just not as right as me? Or something...
    Nah, both arguments are equal. I just happen to think mine is "more equal." :sly:
    Aquila likes this.
    06-23-2016 07:20 PM
    true. i have the S7 and the idea of a removable battery and sd card seem like a very distant issue. I wan't battery life,waterproof and no bloat.
    as for the battery going bad. I abuse my phones, and all the way back to the Note 2 I have yet to have a battery go bad in less than 2 years. They do lose a little over the time, but no more than an hour.
    06-23-2016 07:28 PM
    I was told when I was in the store last week. Sammy and Apple

Wow!! I need to go by and check with my Vzw store then. Thanks.
    06-24-2016 02:23 AM
    The only question thats important- Does it have a removable battery/sd card???

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    It will not have a removable battery sooo guess its LG for you
    06-24-2016 11:37 AM
    its all a matter of preference. However the N5 is not the most popular see : 10 best smartphones in the US: 7: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | TechRadar
    but hey that is all a matter of opinion in IMO
    06-24-2016 12:25 PM
    Verizon now has it as well

Not sure what Att calls it but they have plan similiar
    To that

Posted from Android Central
    06-24-2016 01:59 PM
    Hoping for the silver platinum version this time in the US. I upgrade every Summer and leaving my Note 5 behind.
    06-24-2016 02:15 PM
    Allegedly, Samsung took a while to figure out how the S Pen stylus will coexist with the 5.8" curved screen.
    The Rumored Phone Specs This Far:

• Super AMOLED with QHD resolution and the similarities with the S7 don't end here.
    • The phone will be powered by an overclocked version of the Exynos chipset paired with 6GB of RAM.
    • 4,000mAh
    • 12MP dual-pixel sensor, but will sport improved software. The additional features will reportedly be ported over to the S7 and S7 edge with an upgrade.
    • IP68 rating
    • Iris scanner
    • USB Type-C port

I'm not buying this. Every Note has been a larger version of the previous S with a stylus. I've heard every year that the Note will deviate. It never has. I only believe the bigger battery, waterproof rating and improved camera to match the S7. The CPU has always stayed the same only the screen and battery have deviated.

I believe the 6GB of RAM, Iris scanner and type-C port will be reserved for the S8.
    06-24-2016 03:37 PM
    I'm not buying this. Every Note has been a larger version of the previous S with a stylus. I've heard every year that the Note will deviate. It never has. I only believe the bigger battery, waterproof rating and improved camera to match the S7. The CPU has always stayed the same only the screen and battery have deviated.

I believe the 6GB of RAM, Iris scanner and type-C port will be reserved for the S8.
    So far what has been translated from some the Korean papers is that all will be on this phone. They are going against the iPhone 7 Pro. We will have to wait and see. I use my Note 4 for work to get signatures and other work duties. Note 5 was not good enough for me to upgrade from my Note 4. No Microsd. Note 7 with Micro SD and 4000mah battery will be good enough for me to update.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-24-2016 03:49 PM
    Guess the date is marked.

Honestly can't wait for this. The S7 greatly impressed me, and I hope the Note 7 follows in its philosophy, especially the much larger battery and the return of expandable storage via microSD.

Even more so now that my LG G4 is on sale and I'm back on the One M7, which lasts for 3-4 hours off a charger...
    Preach2k and Almeuit like this.
    06-24-2016 10:48 PM
    This is the first note I'm considering. Everyone in the forums knows I'm no fan of Samsung, but I think this might be one beast of a phone.
    Preach2k and nonie like this.
    06-24-2016 10:55 PM
    This is the first note I'm considering. Everyone in the forums knows I'm no fan of Samsung, but I think this might be one beast of a phone.
    Same. The S7 ended my prejudice for Samsung and the Note 7 might end up being my new daily.

On a side note, is that Hanzo wearing that wolf legendary skin??
    06-24-2016 11:01 PM
    Same. The S7 ended my prejudice for Samsung and the Note 7 might end up being my new daily.

On a side note, is that Hanzo wearing that wolf legendary skin??
    There's two, white and red wolves. That's my white one. Went 25 kill streak with zero deaths in one round
    06-24-2016 11:02 PM
    There's two, white and red wolves. That's my white one. Went 25 kill streak with zero deaths in one round
    Sweet. I usually play as Lucio, S:76, Junkrat, Mercy and to a lesser extent, D.Va. I also play as Torbjorn, although I actually do stuff while playing as him. xD

I only have one legendary so far, and that's Sigrun for Mercy.

Also, 狼よ、我が敵を食らえ!/ōkami yo waga teki wo kurae! (Hanzo's wolf line. Had to do it)

Overwatch is fun

Well, probably time to get back on topic after that detour.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-24-2016 11:14 PM
    The Note Series is the best Samsung has put out. I have been a fan since the Note 3. I use mine for work and play. The pin is great for taking notes getting signatures for reports and credit card transactions. I even plug mine in at work for overhead projector demonstrations in meetings. The best phone I ever invested in. Never got the Note 5. It was not good enough to upgrade from my Note 4 which is still running like a champ. Note 5 did not have a better battery and no Microsd card. To me it was not worth the upgrade. This Note 7 from all the Rumors is looking to be an Monster. I am so looking to pick this one up day 1.
    06-25-2016 03:51 AM
    According to Evan Blass, the Note 7 will possibly have the following;
    • 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display
    • 64GB of UFS storage + microSD card slot
    • 12MP main camera with Dual Pixel autofocus (same one from the S7) + 5MP front camera
    • IP68 certification
    • Black, silver and blue color options available
    • Iris Scanner

Hoping the battery is around 4000mAh or larger. Shaping up to be quite the phone.
    Note 7 August 2nd Release Date - CNET-image.jpeg
    Inders99 and Preach2k like this.
    06-25-2016 11:43 AM
    He isn't kidding here, folks. When he said he was considering it I almost fell out of my chair lol.
    06-25-2016 01:19 PM
    No need to be sedentary as there are fast charge mobile charging pacs, battery containing phone cases, fast charge vehicle chargers, and wireless chargers in more and more retail businesses. Before wireless charging was available for Samsung phones I carried spare batteries, a real nuisance as far as I was concerned. A pocket full of spare parts. And after wireless charging backs were available for Samsung phones I purchased the the backs and spare batteries. But wireless charging and vehicle chargers removed the need to ever use the pocket full of spare batteries. Batteries sealed in the phone allowed for metal and glass phone construction most folks were asking for, no need to have a spare battery or two for each model phone a person uses as well as separate battery chargers for each battery size. From the fact that the Note 5 is the most popular phone in the US beating out all others including iPhones I would suggest that either most of us are "sedentary" or most of us prefer the advantages of a phone with a sealed battery over a phone with a removable back cover to allow batteries to be swapped out.
    Not one of the charging solutions that you have mentioned is capable of the benefits of swappable batteries. None of them can charge a phone from 0% -> 100% in 30-45 seconds. Nothing even comes close to that. Being able to swap fresh batteries is LIBERATION from pads, cradles, cords, packs, and portables. One (or 2 or 5) super slim charged battery in pocket, briefcase, bag, desk, or work area keeps a user humming along with zero worries about battery life or battery life daily planning.

Swappable battery usage is not necessary for some. But, it is liberating for most. The reason so many are phasing out it that the average user (even those with swappable batteries) have either not considered the benefits or don't understand them. I was one of those people through 3-4 years of smartphones. Then 1/2 way thru my first Nexus phone, I tried swapping and fell in love with the liberation. Have lived free of battery worries ever since. Well, at least until I begrudgingly got the Note 5 last year. That is the major downgrade in an otherwise awesome device.

Walking in or out of airport terminals and looking at all the "sealed battery slaves" lining the walls has caused me to shake my head on many occasions. Even after watching a full length movie on the plane and going to 5% battery ... I just swap on landing and have 100% in 45 seconds of rebooting. While many improved things are available, nothing on the market matches the capability of a swappable battery.
    pmjj, Inders99, mantra01 and 2 others like this.
    06-25-2016 07:30 PM
    Surprised this hasn't been brought up: extended batteries.

I know some people don't like having thick and heavy phones, but it's still an option with replaceable batteries. Depending on size, you can double or triple the battery capacity for extra time between charges/swaps. Just as personal preference, I actually liked the added weight and firm feel of the last phone I had one with.
    pmjj likes this.
    06-25-2016 09:48 PM
216 ... 34567 ...