07-19-2016 07:19 PM
216 123 ...
tools
    Samsung to start producing Galaxy Note 7 next month, says report - CNET

Samsung is rumored to be producing 5 million units!

I'm pretty excited! CNET is typically accurate with their reports.

Posted via the Android Central App
    nonie likes this.
    06-18-2016 02:07 AM
    Then ....... August 2nd cannot come soon enough !!!!
    skatergirl, nonie, mcm180 and 5 others like this.
    06-18-2016 05:44 AM
    The only question thats important- Does it have a removable battery/sd card???

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    06-18-2016 06:02 AM
    Man I felt like this was Christmas. Thanks for the link. And guess it's semi official, Note 7 instead of 6.

nonie likes this.
    06-18-2016 06:58 AM
    Man I felt like this was Christmas. Thanks for the link. And guess it's semi official, Note 7 instead of 6.

Not for nothing but perhaps the mods should change the title of this section as " Note 7 " now rather than it
    be Note 6 haaaa ???
    06-18-2016 09:10 AM
    Not for nothing but perhaps the mods should change the title of this section as " Note 7 " now rather than it
    be Note 6 haaaa ???
    What's the point when they couldn't even put a proper image of the N5 on their forum header. It's still a recoloured Note 4 lol.
    06-18-2016 10:02 AM

Those questions are of no importance to many. I prefer the faster internal memory and battery charging with wireless pads make replacing a battery a non-issue.
    wlonsdale, nonie, TJA3500 and 1 others like this.
    06-18-2016 11:34 AM
    I hope so.. I won (or earned) a free trip to Vegas with my pool team in August.. This release date would be awesome to have the Note while I am there!
    skatergirl, Kwdan and nonie like this.
    06-18-2016 01:37 PM

Pretty much guaranteed no removable battery and with SD card
    movielover76 and wlonsdale like this.
    06-18-2016 01:56 PM

I am 99% sure it will follow the S7/S7 Edge. No removable battery / SD card available.
    wlonsdale likes this.
    06-19-2016 02:59 AM
    I am 99% sure it will follow the S7/S7 Edge. No removable battery / SD card available.
    Well, one out of two is better than none.
    allargon likes this.
    06-19-2016 05:58 AM
    wireless pads make replacing a battery a non-issue.
    Sure, if you're sedentary, I have no desire to drag devices around because of lack of battery power. The replaceable battery in my G4 is a wonderful feature IMO, I wish they had it in the S7 note.
    Artie V, allargon and worwig like this.
    06-19-2016 06:03 AM
    Sure, if you're sedentary, I have no desire to drag devices around because of lack of battery power. The replaceable battery in my G4 is a wonderful feature IMO, I wish they had it in the S7 note.
    No need to be sedentary as there are fast charge mobile charging pacs, battery containing phone cases, fast charge vehicle chargers, and wireless chargers in more and more retail businesses. Before wireless charging was available for Samsung phones I carried spare batteries, a real nuisance as far as I was concerned. A pocket full of spare parts. And after wireless charging backs were available for Samsung phones I purchased the the backs and spare batteries. But wireless charging and vehicle chargers removed the need to ever use the pocket full of spare batteries. Batteries sealed in the phone allowed for metal and glass phone construction most folks were asking for, no need to have a spare battery or two for each model phone a person uses as well as separate battery chargers for each battery size. From the fact that the Note 5 is the most popular phone in the US beating out all others including iPhones I would suggest that either most of us are "sedentary" or most of us prefer the advantages of a phone with a sealed battery over a phone with a removable back cover to allow batteries to be swapped out.
    06-19-2016 08:58 AM
    I'm waiting on the Note 7 just as many of y'all.
    Having to wait the rest of june and all of July and into August.
    Man Please !
    The wait is terrible.

I know a lot of folks that were waiting and got a offer to switch over to At&t and they got a free Note 5.
    All of them are saying I couldn't resist a free phone.
    06-19-2016 09:30 AM
    Once the Note 6 gets revealed, I will be deciding between that, S7 Edge and S7. Swaying more towards to standard S7 right now.

IPhone 7 might be in the mix too depending on battery.
    06-19-2016 09:58 AM
    No need to be sedentary as there are fast charge mobile charging pacs, battery containing phone cases, fast charge vehicle chargers, and wireless chargers in more and more retail businesses. Before wireless charging was available for Samsung phones I carried spare batteries, a real nuisance as far as I was concerned. A pocket full of spare parts. And after wireless charging backs were available for Samsung phones I purchased the the backs and spare batteries. But wireless charging and vehicle chargers removed the need to ever use the pocket full of spare batteries. Batteries sealed in the phone allowed for metal and glass phone construction most folks were asking for, no need to have a spare battery or two for each model phone a person uses as well as separate battery chargers for each battery size. From the fact that the Note 5 is the most popular phone in the US beating out all others including iPhones I would suggest that either most of us are "sedentary" or most of us prefer the advantages of a phone with a sealed battery over a phone with a removable back cover to allow batteries to be swapped out.
    All well and good... Until the battery itself goes bad, or another hardware defect makes charging impossible. Learned that lesson the hard way the first time I tried a non-removable battery style phone.
    06-19-2016 12:22 PM
    I'm waiting on the Note 7 just as many of y'all.
    Having to wait the rest of june and all of July and into August.
    Man Please !
    The wait is terrible.

I know a lot of folks that were waiting and got a offer to switch over to At&t and they got a free Note 5.
    All of them are saying I couldn't resist a free phone.
    This is why I'm happy Sprint has the Samsung forever plan. I'll be getting the new Note EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!

applehater87 likes this.
    06-19-2016 01:35 PM
    Samsung to start producing Galaxy Note 7 next month, says report - CNET

Samsung is rumored to be producing 5 million units!

I'm pretty excited! CNET is typically accurate with their reports.

Perfect. I'm off the month of August. Gives me 3 weeks to set it up. Takes me forever to set up new phone.
    06-19-2016 02:17 PM
    This is why I'm happy Sprint has the Samsung forever plan. I'll be getting the new Note EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!

That is very cool. Wish Sprint had better coverage in Massachusetts
    06-19-2016 02:19 PM
    Those questions are of no importance to many. I prefer the faster internal memory and battery charging with wireless pads make replacing a battery a non-issue.
    Lol I didn't ask you what you prefer. And believe me, a removable battery/sd card is very important to alot of people. The world does not revolve around you.

06-19-2016 03:13 PM

Sprint may be good on the bigger town's.
    But where I live it has poor coverage.
    If the carriers would lay off all the crappie advertising, and put up more towers in places that it's needed.
    stormchaser1968 likes this.
    06-19-2016 04:30 PM
    Lol I didn't ask you what you prefer. And believe me, a removable battery/sd card is very important to alot of people. The world does not revolve around you.

The same can be said for both so let's not take it down that road, shall we? . The post is asking for ALL our opinions and we are all giving them. We will have to wait and see for the "official" specs.
    06-19-2016 11:19 PM
    Having a removable MicroSD card doesn't mean they'll take away your 'faster' internal storage. You'll still have that, but others will have an additional option for storage. And like Flo says "options are how you get rings..."
    Artie V and mak916 like this.
    06-20-2016 01:51 AM
    You're still beholden to fast charging devices, retail stores (I can't ever imagine going into some retail store to charge my sealed back phone, I'll run the thing over before I do that), and planning for charging when you can't swap. No thanks, seems like yet another thing to plan for in my already overloaded day.

The replaceable battery is no big deal, I don't keep a "pocket full of spare batteries" (yes, I know you were just making a point...I hope), in fact I rarely have it on me, just when I know I'm going to be too busy to tether my phone somewhere. It takes seconds to go from 0-100 and you're good to go. I charge the spare and it keeps for weeks, when I'm on the road or working and I know I'm going to be draining my battery I just bring it along, it's not a big deal.

I don't get the pushback on replaceable batteries, a sealed back is just aesthetic, maybe some water sealing benefits (which I could care less about) and space saving but most of these phones live in cases so who cares about glass backs or whatever.

I was out of state this past weekend and my family was battling over chargers and always had their iPhones tethered, I just shook my head. I mentioned I was out of battery and my b-law asked if I had my charger, I just looked at him, popped the back, inserted a new battery and continued my activity...he couldn't believe it. I guess some of the iPhones really suck on battery power.
    06-20-2016 07:02 AM
    i think you will find that none removable battery will be the norm for most makes ,so you may have to put up with it or go to a phone with a removable battery but crap on specs
    06-20-2016 07:15 AM
216 123 ...