07-29-2016 01:11 PM
147 ... 23456
tools
    The LG V10 is built like a tank. Stainless steel frame and no glass. I wouldn't call it trash. I would have bought one had it a bigger battery and an amoled screen. It's video camera is better than on any Samsung phone. If LG goes modular with the V20, like it did with the G5, it would be a step backward. Hopefully, they won't make that mistake.

Posted via the Android Central App
    LG phones never sold at my store. That, and I never have enjoyed the OS and no physical buttons. LG seems to have a very niche fan base.
    07-15-2016 07:25 PM
    The v10 sis a lot is things right. 64gb base storage, great dac, rugged build materials, removable battery and sd card. However, battery life was horrible, the snap 808 was already outdated when it was released and LG is in dire need of a switch to amoled (not like they don't have a giant display division within the company lol.)

If they can manage to fix these issues I'll definitely take this over the all glass note 7. I'm currently using the s7e, but I worry about how fragile this thing is.
    I agree. If the next version of the LG V10 came out and I wasn't getting a Note probably, I'd be all over it. Plus they usually include a spare battery with their phones too which is great. I hate the glass back with the galaxy even with a thick defender type case I worry about it.
    07-15-2016 07:25 PM
    Yea my brother also has the s7e and just broke his screen a few days ago. Dropped it taking it out of his pocket onto his kitchen floor while in a Spigen neo hybrid case. It's just not worth it to have to pay a $175 deductible so your phone can have a pretty glass back that you'll never see anyways once you slap a case on it.
    speedlever likes this.
    07-15-2016 08:48 PM
    Yea my brother also has the s7e and just broke his screen a few days ago. Dropped it taking it out of his pocket onto his kitchen floor while in a Spigen neo hybrid case. It's just not worth it to have to pay a $175 deductible so your phone can have a pretty glass back that you'll never see anyways once you slap a case on it.
    I agree. I don't get the glass back. Most people use a case anyways. Why add the cost of materials for the glass back if most put a case on it anyways?
    speedlever likes this.
    07-15-2016 09:30 PM
    V20

Have an S7 Edge now and my love/hate relationship with Samsung phones is currently on hate.

We'll see how the next few months go.
    07-15-2016 09:55 PM
    Only phone that would interest me is one that has ALL the hardware features of the Note 4 (ex. user-replaceable battery, SD card, IR blaster, soft touch removable back yet chamfered metal edges. Despise glass backs!) but with a slightly bigger screen (ex. flat 6" No curved screens NOT a fan!). But that's a unicorn phone apparently few want so Samsung won't make it. As such the Note line is dead to me. Long live this Note 4, the pinnacle of the Note series!!!
    I totally have to agree I now feel that the note series has lost it way. I have always been a fan but the specs for the note7 seem OK but following in line with the S7 is the biggest disappointment of all. I bought the S7 edge when it came out and have never felt so disappointed with a phone purchase....after coming from the note series that edge screen is my most hated design flaw .... never again plus the omission of hdmi/display port output...if the note7 is as expected then Samsung are history for forgetting about some of their loyal fan Base. ...rant over
    07-15-2016 11:07 PM
    So was it the screen or the back or both that broke?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    07-16-2016 10:26 AM
    Like I said both of daughters have Edge phones S6 Edge Plus and S7 Edge dropped on concrete, wood, floors and down stairs. No cracked screen in front or back . Both have Spigen cases. Not saying it is you but there are some on this thread that just do not like Edge phones trying to talk people out of getting one. I used to not like Edge phones until I seen how it handled in my daughters hands. That is why I am not afraid of getting one.
    07-16-2016 10:38 AM
    So was it the screen or the back or both that broke?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    It was the bottom left portion of the front glass.
    07-16-2016 01:54 PM
    Like I said both of daughters have Edge phones S6 Edge Plus and S7 Edge dropped on concrete, wood, floors and down stairs. No cracked screen in front or back . Both have Spigen cases. Not saying it is you but there are some on this thread that just do not like Edge phones trying to talk people out of getting one. I used to not like Edge phones until I seen how it handled in my daughters hands. That is why I am not afraid of getting one.
    I don't like the edge screen at all but the s7e is a great phone. It's what I'm typing this reply on. Maybe your daughter has gotten really lucky with hers, or my bro was unlucky, but for my next phone I'm avoiding the silly all glass construction.
    speedlever likes this.
    07-16-2016 01:57 PM
    Lol nothing. Nexus phones bore me to tears and Motorola is just crap. I have no interest in the LG V20.

Posted via the Android Central App on the S7 edge
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    07-16-2016 02:03 PM
    I don't like the edge screen at all but the s7e is a great phone. It's what I'm typing this reply on. Maybe your daughter has gotten really lucky with hers, or my bro was unlucky, but for my next phone I'm avoiding the silly all glass construction.
    All the Latest Samsung phones are made with all Gorilla Glass front and back. No matter if you get a edge screen or Flat. There is always a chance of any phone breaking. I will always keep a case on all my phones. My oldest had an Red M7 before the S7 Edge. All it took was 1 fall without her case on and she cracked her screen.
    07-16-2016 02:09 PM
    Originally wanted to get the ZTE Axon 7 but after hearing Note 7 will have usb type c I will go to the note. S7E really let me down with micro usb. Was probably it's only flaw.
    07-17-2016 12:17 PM
    I don't understand the glass back when most people slap a case over it anyways and you don't even see the back. Maybe having it glass and breaking means more $$ for Samsung too when people send them in for repairs or buy a new one lol.
    Glass, metal or plastic. If you ever want to resell a phone, a case is a necessity. The glass back of the Note 5 and s6 made for a real premium feeling device. Remember the Iphone 4, that phone was all glass and very popular due to its premium feel. Even google adopted it for the nexus 4. I for one prefer glass to metal phones.
    07-17-2016 01:07 PM
    I love the Note series but I had an issue with the Note 5's fingerprint scanner. I will go with the Note 7...and stay away from the Nexus p (THE PERFECT) phone.

07-17-2016 01:47 PM
    Glass, metal or plastic. If you ever want to resell a phone, a case is a necessity. The glass back of the Note 5 and s6 made for a real premium feeling device. Remember the Iphone 4, that phone was all glass and very popular due to its premium feel. Even google adopted it for the nexus 4. I for one prefer glass to metal phones.
    As has been stated previously, what premium feel is there to enjoy with your new glass phone, except for the first few minutes as you carefully handle it in order to slap a protecive plastic case on it.

07-17-2016 03:36 PM
    As has been stated previously, what premium feel is there to enjoy with your new glass phone, except for the first few minutes as you carefully handle it in order to slap a protecive plastic case on it.

Not all do though so -- that is a thing .
    07-17-2016 03:57 PM
    We will have to see if there is any meaningful resale value in non Apple phones after a year. My success has not been that great.
    07-17-2016 04:16 PM
    If companies would start putting out better screen protectors, I would buy Edge variants from here on out. I absolutely love them.

07-17-2016 07:39 PM

I like others, only use cases when I'm out and about. If I'm at home, I always rocked my Note 5 naked.
    07-17-2016 11:09 PM
    Great point, and you are not by yourself, I tell you that.

My Note 4 will be pushing 2 years old this October, and still running strong. Hasn't even blinked in a year and three quarters, ditto for my Gear S watch too. The last 2 upgrades for the Note and the Gear S, have been downers for me, and I see others see the same.. I don't want to jump ship, or keep the Note 4 another year, I don't think that will be an option for me. Not that the Note 4 is not good, it is just that, apps will be coming out that are looking for the new power chips being installed in the latest smartphones.. So, if Note 7 doesn't come with removable battery, I am gone..
    It will have wireless charging capabilities and larger battery. I understand. Am used to being able to replace battery. SD card slot a definite need for me. I will make final decision when I see the phone in person.

07-18-2016 04:43 PM
    I just looked at LG v20 on you tube.
    Depends on true specs. But sounds promising.

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    07-21-2016 03:22 PM
    I'd rather just keep my Note 4 and maybe buy a spare on amazon. I have no interest in curved screens or glass backs. I just want my SD card slot back. Fine, make the battery non-removable but PLEASE don't give the new Note a Glass backing.

These productivity devices are turning into fashion devices. That's the way they went with the Note 5 and it failed compared to the Note 4. When Samsungs Note Series goes back to its "getting the job done" roots and quits the "beautiful, elegant" paradigm, I'll gladly buy their products.

Excellent post, I think the Note 4 is the last great device Samsung produced.
    Funny - I'm really happy with my Note 5, especially since the Marshmallow update... but, I'm going to have to agree with you both. I do MISS my Note 4!
    Inders99 likes this.
    07-21-2016 03:26 PM
    I'm waiting to see the specs. I want to want a Note 7, but we shall have to see. I'm still rocking the Note 4 because I don't want to give up my replaceable battery and expandable storage - I have already had to replace my Note 4 battery and I just can't imagine having to replace the entire phone instead just because a $20 part wore out, as batteries do.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    07-22-2016 12:19 PM
    Part of me wants to wait for the next OnePlus phone or the next Nexus series, but I think they just might miss one or two things I'm looking for that I know the Note 7 will have (Wi-Fi Calling, bottom headset jack, front fingerprint sensor). Realistically, the Note 7 will be more than enough phone for me for multiple years. I was hoping my iPhone 6 Plus would stick around longer, but it's been plagued with problems.
    07-22-2016 03:13 PM
147 ... 23456