07-29-2016 01:11 PM
147 ... 3456
tools
    I'm waiting to see the specs. I want to want a Note 7, but we shall have to see. I'm still rocking the Note 4 because I don't want to give up my replaceable battery and expandable storage - I have already had to replace my Note 4 battery and I just can't imagine having to replace the entire phone instead just because a $20 part wore out, as batteries do.
    Why do you feel you have to replace the phone if nothing is wrong with it?
    07-22-2016 03:57 PM
    I'm up in the air between the Note 7 and the Motorola Z Force.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-23-2016 10:58 AM
    They're saying you have to replace the entire phone if the battery conks out. I understand that, and that sucks.
    07-23-2016 01:12 PM
    I'd like the Note 7, but the edge screen is a deal breaker for me. If I were to consider the new iPhone, since I've always had Android devices, what could/would/may deter me from giving it a shot?

07-23-2016 03:06 PM
    Iphone is playing catch-up....I've thought about trying an IPhone 5 or higher again, but they just don't have the features I need to go about my day.
    07-23-2016 09:59 PM
    "I just can't imagine having to replace the entire phone instead just because a $20 part wore out, as batteries do."

I consider a battery that has reached the end of its useful life to be something wrong with the phone. If I cannot get at least a decent day out of the phone, it's not of any practical use to me any more.

When the battery wears out on my Note 4, as it has already done, I drop $20 and get that new-battery battery life. Rip off back, pull old battery, pop in new battery, start up phone. Done!

When the battery wears out on a [insert model of sealed-battery phone here], I have three choices:
    1. Replace the phone for many hundreds of dollars.
    2. Add bulk to my phone by adding an external battery case.
    3. Hope I've picked something with a relatively good iFixIt score, buy a battery and specialty tools, set aside an afternoon, and hope I don't mess up my phone digging the old battery out.

NOTE: I consider a factory-sealed phone with a really good iFixIt score to have a replaceable battery. I just swapped the battery on my Nexus 7 2012 and it was almost as easy as swapping the battery in my Note 4. Took an extra half hour and required a few specialty tools, but I was able to replace it with almost no risk and very little fuss and bother.

The Note 5 had a terrible iFixIt score. Mostly because they glued the back on and it takes a heat gun to soften the adhesive. Once you have done that, it's actually not a bad battery replacement. But, heat gun on my phone = dealbreaker.

If they make the Note 7 so the back comes off reasonably easily without applying a lot of heat, I'll reconsider.
    07-24-2016 10:33 AM
    I believe this is the practical and probably most sensible way to go. However the fun factor would sway me away from keeping 2+ year old technogy going. If your old crt tv finally breaks do you buy a new tube to keep it going or do a dance of joy and finally go shopping for a new panel?

07-24-2016 07:30 PM
    I believe this is the practical and probably most sensible way to go. However the fun factor would sway me away from keeping 2+ year old technogy going. If your old crt tv finally breaks do you buy a new tube to keep it going or do a dance of joy and finally go shopping for a new panel?
    IMO, the one big difference there is that one technology provides reasonable benefits over the other. In this case, the curved edges provide nothing practical over the flat design.
    07-24-2016 07:40 PM
    IMO, the one big difference there is that one technology provides reasonable benefits over the other. In this case, the curved edges provide nothing practical over the flat design.
    Agreed. But I think I would still get the Note 7 rather than a battery for the Note 4. You know... Pretty shiny things.

07-24-2016 07:47 PM
    I may just get the regular S7 over the Note7. I get tired of big phones after awhile. My S7 edge is starting to feel too big and it's 0.2 inches smaller than what the Note 7 is rumored to be.

Posted via the Android Central App on the S7 edge
    07-24-2016 10:27 PM
    From the rumored dimensions of the Note 7, I may skip it all together as it's just a few more inches wider than the Note 5. Note 5 is good enough for me.
    07-25-2016 03:37 PM
    From the rumored dimensions of the Note 7, I may skip it all together as it's just a few more inches wider than the Note 5. Note 5 is good enough for me.
    Few more inches wider???

07-25-2016 10:33 PM
    Few more inches wider???

Yep. I have Samsung Note devices set up through Google Now and one of the many articles I get on said device mentioned the dimensions of the note 7. It is supposedly wider than the S7edge and Note 5.
    07-26-2016 12:09 AM
    A phone that will be like Axon 7 around 400$ just with much better camera, Axon 7 value is amazing, what i basically want from a phone without comprimise is:
    -Best in class camera in all light conditions.
    -4000mah+ battery.
    -SAMOLED or Oled FHD display, QHQ drain battery faster but if given bigger battery than fine.
    -Hi Fi DAC.
    -at least 5.5 inch.
    -Front stereo speakers.
    -Unlocked bootloader with any knox or crap like that.
    07-26-2016 03:18 AM
    haven't eyed up anything else but if Note 7 is coming with the disapointing specs that have rumoured lately I'll just keep my Note 4 for another year, I know that it probably just fine for my use even with the lower spec than first expected but I think for the price it need to be a bigger leap higher from last model to justify
    07-26-2016 05:53 AM
    They're saying you have to replace the entire phone if the battery conks out. I understand that, and that sucks.
    I am using s7 edge...and in warranty they changed by display and battery...and service centre can replace your battery with a new one...

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    07-26-2016 06:35 AM
    A Moto Z Pure Edition might (I have the MXPE 64GB). That said, if the MZPE is actually made, it might be missing the 3.5MM jack. I would pass. Not a practical option for me. One more thing to keep track of and can not charge device when using.
    07-26-2016 11:39 AM
    haven't eyed up anything else but if Note 7 is coming with the disapointing specs that have rumoured lately I'll just keep my Note 4 for another year, I know that it probably just fine for my use even with the lower spec than first expected but I think for the price it need to be a bigger leap higher from last model to justify
    I have a Note 4 and use as back-up and mainly for Gear VR. I use my MXPE as main device. The Note 4 is still a great device, but the more efficient chipset, much better performance and and double storage space. IF those attributes are worthy to the user, great upgrade

I might be, since the MXPE runs too hot and drains battery if using beyond light to medium use. Love the speakers though.... MXPE is great for light to medium use, but a dog for anything else IMO, due to the heat and battery drain. Ditto for weak signal areas using data.
    07-26-2016 11:53 AM
    I'm waiting to see the specs. I want to want a Note 7, but we shall have to see. I'm still rocking the Note 4 because I don't want to give up my replaceable battery and expandable storage - I have already had to replace my Note 4 battery and I just can't imagine having to replace the entire phone instead just because a $20 part wore out, as batteries do.
    I think the Note 7 also has micro sd. Agreed if not.
    07-26-2016 11:56 AM
    Great point, and you are not by yourself, I tell you that.

My Note 4 will be pushing 2 years old this October, and still running strong. Hasn't even blinked in a year and three quarters, ditto for my Gear S watch too. The last 2 upgrades for the Note and the Gear S, have been downers for me, and I see others see the same.. I don't want to jump ship, or keep the Note 4 another year, I don't think that will be an option for me. Not that the Note 4 is not good, it is just that, apps will be coming out that are looking for the new power chips being installed in the latest smartphones.. So, if Note 7 doesn't come with removable battery, I am gone..
    People that keep premium devices that long are a key reason why the industry adopted fixed batteries- to force the retirement curve of devices into their favor. This cuts it by about six months and that is huge to sustain growth rather than a potential decline.
    07-26-2016 12:00 PM
    I think the Note 7 also has micro sd. Agreed if not.
    Yes it does have MicroSd.
    07-26-2016 12:11 PM
    I've been seeing rumors of the LG V20. Specs look pretty good. Replaceable battery, sd slot. 5.7-8" screen
    3500 battery. 64gb, 4gb ram.
    If disappointed in note 7, may take a hard look at it.

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    natehoy likes this.
    07-26-2016 01:42 PM
    Is anyone considering the LG v20, especially if the note is really high priced? I'm hearing a lot of good things about it and many loved the V10. if it's coming out in Sept I wonder if it would be wise to wait a few weeks instead of buying the Note?
    07-28-2016 11:39 AM
    Is anyone considering the LG v20, especially if the note is really high priced? I'm hearing a lot of good things about it and many loved the V10. if it's coming out in Sept I wonder if it would be wise to wait a few weeks instead of buying the Note?
    Nope. I don't trust LG after my G4 that I gave to a buddy died on him (the motherboard failure problem they had) and LG doesn't want to repair it.
    07-28-2016 11:46 AM
    The s6 edge is ridiculous to hold. I feel like I'm going to drop it. Even with a case. Glass back was dumb on the iPhone why are they using it on galaxy series?
    07-28-2016 11:51 AM
147 ... 3456