07-29-2016 01:11 PM
147 ... 456
tools
    The s6 edge is ridiculous to hold. I feel like I'm going to drop it. Even with a case. Glass back was dumb on the iPhone why are they using it on galaxy series?
    The S6 yes -- They did awful on that device with the edges. They feel like knives. The S7 / S7 Edge that has been fixed dramatically.
    07-28-2016 11:53 AM
    Is anyone considering the LG v20, especially if the note is really high priced? I'm hearing a lot of good things about it and many loved the V10. if it's coming out in Sept I wonder if it would be wise to wait a few weeks instead of buying the Note?
    As long as it continues to have rear buttons, nope.
    07-28-2016 11:53 AM
    i have the S7E, but after seeing what Axon 7 offers for 400$, i start to wonder the high price of the S7E, and all of the sudden the Note 7 seems to be very unattractive, price wise at least.

Might wanna wait for a phone in s7e caliber or better with larger screen and consumer friendly price.
    07-29-2016 06:58 AM
    I'd love to buy a brand new Note 4
    07-29-2016 07:22 AM
    For those prices, I'd rather get slightly used models from sites like Swappa.
    07-29-2016 10:57 AM
    Thanks. Great tips! I just don't believe the one on eBay is legit brand new with full warranty etc.
    07-29-2016 10:59 AM
    Am I really seeing people say that they will buy a Note 4 before the Note 7?

That's crazy talk.
    07-29-2016 11:06 AM
    Flat screen. Two radios. Ir blaster. Removable battery.
    07-29-2016 11:10 AM
    Flat screen. Two radios. Ir blaster. Removable battery.
    Having not held the Note 7 I can't say how it feels in the hand, but how can you blanket say that a flat screen will always be better? Two radios why?

Yup, I want another one as a backup to my original. From my post earlier in this thread:
    Yeah, but so many things about the Note 4 are worse than the Note 7 (even based on just the rumors).

Why even stick with Samsung then? Isn't something like the V10 and presumably the upcoming V20 more of what you want?
    07-29-2016 11:13 AM
    The Note 4 is not a phone that is "coming out". So seems somewhat irrelevant
    07-29-2016 11:13 AM
    I'll quote my original post again:
    Not sure how you can deal with the Note 4 then, it does not meet your standards.
    07-29-2016 11:18 AM
    Yeah, but so many things about the Note 4 are worse than the Note 7 (even based on just the rumors).
    It's not "so many things". It is "literally everything".

The Note 7 is better in the following categories: Processor, RAM, FPS, Security, Design, Software, Software Support, Screen, Battery Size, Battery Life (inferred because Note 5 was already better and Note 7 is more hardware efficient + 16% larger battery), Storage Quantity, Storage Speed, Camera, Charging Speed, Charging Technology

The Note 4 is better in the following categories:

The closest 2016 phone I could find to match up spec to spec with the Note 4 is the Moto G4 Plus 64/4.
    Which is $299 MSRP, easy to get for cheaper.

And in that comparison, the Moto G4 Plus 64/4 is better in the following categories: RAM, FPS, Security, Software, Software Support, Battery Life, Storage Quantity, Camera, Charging Speed, Charging Technology

The Note 4 is better than the Moto G4 Plus 64/4 is better in the foloowing categories: Processor (maybe), Screen (probably, definitely wins on resolution, not sure about actual quality), Battery Size
    07-29-2016 11:22 AM
    LOL, the Note 4 IS my standard. Only thing I want that would improve on it is a slightly larger screen.
    You wouldn't want a better processor, better display, better camera, better battery life, more RAM, a better pen, a better fingerprint scanner, more security or better heat management?
    07-29-2016 11:26 AM
    You wouldn't want a better processor, better display, better camera, better battery life, more RAM, a better pen, a better fingerprint scanner, more security or better heat management?
    And better software.
    07-29-2016 11:27 AM
    And better software.
    And more storage and better storage.. the Note 4 has a HUGE list of areas of opportunity, because it leads the industry in exactly zero categories. It was beaten in almost every category within 5 months of it's release and since then almost every device that is released is better at literally everything.
    07-29-2016 11:30 AM
    I'm still considering the V20 if it comes out soon. The specs I'm hearing will be pretty good. Plus if it has a removable battery and IR blaster that is wonderful. I'd take that over an Spen.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-29-2016 11:37 AM
    I'm still considering the V20 if it comes out soon. The specs I'm hearing will be pretty good. Plus if it has a removable battery and IR blaster that is wonderful. I'd take that over an Spen.
    As much as I want to agree with you, I can't get past the reliability issue that have plagued LG in the last year or so. That and they don't do well with security updates at all.

I had the V10 for about 10 days and loved it for the most part. Just an issue with my work email and some bluetooth issues prevented me from keeping it.
    07-29-2016 11:40 AM
    I think it's safe to say that the newer phone will usually have the old one beaten in a lot of ways. Sure, we'll see some things regress, but with a few exceptions, it's usually the better phone.

There's nothing wrong with liking an older phone because it better fits your needs. That's fine. I do like my old One M7 despite having an absolutely toasted battery and I still think it's one of the best phones I've used, even though it's 3 years old by now.

But the simple thing is, an old phone can't outpunch a new one in most cases overall.
    rsmin and Aquila like this.
    07-29-2016 11:41 AM
    I think it's safe to say that the newer phone will usually have the old one beaten in a lot of ways. Sure, we'll see some things regress, but with a few exceptions, it's usually the better phone.

There's nothing wrong with liking an older phone because it better fits your needs. That's fine. I do like my old One M7 despite having an absolutely toasted battery and I still think it's one of the best phones I've used, even though it's 3 years old by now.

But the simple thing is, an old phone can't outpunch a new one in most cases overall.
    Amended your post as follows, when applied to the Note 7 vs Note 4:

There's no need to be overly gracious to the Note 4. It was soundly beaten in 2015 and while it's good, it's not even in the top 10 devices anymore. Because the industry moved WAY beyond it. It's old and tired and it's time we all moved on and let it rest in it's phone nursing home.

All that said, I'd be happy to let the Note 4 vs Note 7 battle end and return to the conversation about new phones soon to be released that challenge the Note 7. The only ones I can think of are the Marlin, Moto Z Droid Force and MAYBE the LG V20, if LG has fixed their face.
    D13H4RD2L1V3 likes this.
    07-29-2016 11:52 AM
    Alright, can we get back to our usual programming?
    Aquila likes this.
    07-29-2016 12:02 PM
    Apologies, was just responding to others. Didn't mean to turn anything into a battle. Carry on...
    You're more than fine, no one argues in a vacuum and these discussions are fun, just seems like we're taking over the thread and maybe should make a new one for Note 4 vs Note 7
    07-29-2016 12:27 PM
    As the LG V20 will be announced in September, I will wait to see what it gives

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-29-2016 01:11 PM
147 ... 456