What phone coming out might make you pass on the note 7?

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Still rocking my Note3, just got new tempered glass screens protector, took off sview case and installed wireless charging back. New job has me using phone for work alot, so use a portable battery charger but thinking about going the spare battery route. A friend has the S7 and I like the form, but not certain if I want to add the expense to my budget as long as my Note3 still gets the job done. Not a fan of sealed batteries as I have experienced a few over charging incidents and being able to immediately remove battery of overheating device, may have saved a meltdown!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have to say no other phone. I use my Note 4 for business and get signatures with it. The only other option for me is the Note 7.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am very conflicted. I don't like curve screens. Can i learn to like it? Unsure. Played with 7 edge. Can't use glass screen protector. Like the idea of iris scanner. Will have to see it. I should never say never. But will have to see it

Posted via the Android Central App

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am very conflicted. I don't like curve screens. Can i learn to like it? Unsure. Played with 7 edge. Can't use glass screen protector. Like the idea of iris scanner. Will have to see it. I should never say never. But will have to see it

I feel the same way.

Posted from Android Central

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Never wanted apple but if new note is curved might be jumping off Samsung. Don't like curve screens

Apple is going with the edges too I hear. Samsung is selling more edge phones than the flat I believe. I actually like it. Using the S7 edge.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I can't leave the note...the s pen has spoiled me. I want to try other phones like sony Xperia but I can't live without the s pen. DAMN YOU SAMSUNG FOR MAKING SUCH AN AMAZING PHONE!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and the only question I have is whether or not to keep my Note 5 or go for the 7.

Thinking of keeping my Note 5 as well. Not sure, but it's a high possibility. Maybe the Note 8 will be better with a flat screen version. I have the 64gb so that with cloud storage and other options, I'm good for a while. Plus have multiple ways to keep it charged. If I decide to keep it, I'll look at cases to make it look new.

Unless there's another phone that meets my needs. Note 7 doesn't look like it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of keeping my Note 5 as well. Not sure, but it's a high possibility. Maybe the Note 8 will be better with a flat screen version. I have the 64gb so that with cloud storage and other options, I'm good for a while. Plus have multiple ways to keep it charged. If I decide to keep it, I'll look at cases to make it look new.

Unless there's another phone that meets my needs. Note 7 doesn't look like it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

I believe that the new Note will be great its just that my current Note is already great. Can't justify spending the money.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
There's no advantage to keeping the note 5. At all. Whatsoever. I would take any other Note before I chose to take the Note 5. It's a device without any practical long term functions.

1. No expandable memory
2. A smaller battery that is non-removable.
3. 32gb mandatory storage option.

Two days ago when I was ready to restore my files from a backup after updating to Marshmallow, my computer told me that my phone didn't have enough space for the restore. I have a Note 4 and removed the SD card for the update.

What would I have been able to do with the note 5? Nothing. Impractical.

The Note 5 might be fast and pretty, but that's all its got going for it. Rant over :)

The only device that would make me skip on the Note 7 is the Note 4 if the 7 isn't doesn't deliver what we're hoping for. I would love for another manufacturer to come out with some type of s-pen function though. Preferably LG.

Now seeing that the Note 7 will have a mandatory edge screen, I may have to pass on it.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There's no advantage to keeping the note 5. At all. Whatsoever. I would take any other Note before I chose to take the Note 5. It's a device without any practical long term functions.

1. No expandable memory
2. A smaller battery that is non-removable.
3. 32gb mandatory storage option.

Now seeing that the Note 7 will have a mandatory edge screen, I may have to pass on it.

I explained those 3 above. But again

1. I have cloud storage that hasn't been that bad. Unlimited data on tmobile allows for me to not worry about it as much and I can visit the websites anytime instead of downloading everything.
2. Several options and opportunities for recharging. At least on my case.
3. I got the 64gb. Worth every penny. I've used 32.53GB of storage on my Note 5 (just checked).

So I have no reason to upgrade, but would like to. Every other part of the note 7 looks great--just the curved screen is an awful decision to me. I think a drop in sales will speak loudly to Samsung and they'll do two variants next year or drop it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I explained those 3 above. But again

1. I have cloud storage that hasn't been that bad. Unlimited data on tmobile allows for me to not worry about it as much and I can visit the websites anytime instead of downloading everything.
2. Several options and opportunities for recharging. At least on my case.
3. I got the 64gb. Worth every penny. I've used 32.53GB of storage on my Note 5 (just checked).

So I have no reason to upgrade, but would like to. Every other part of the note 7 looks great--just the curved screen is an awful decision to me. I think a drop in sales will speak loudly to Samsung and they'll do two variants next year or drop it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

What happens when you don't have signal? Cloud storage becomes a moot point. I like the cloud, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to be fully accessible 100% of the time.

As far as battery goes, why stay with a smaller battery. I don't like to have to recharge during the day. I like removing my phone from the charger in the morning and not worry about it. Yes, sometimes I'll have to swap out the battery or find a place to plug it in but the bigger the battery the better.

The edge design kills my interest in the Note 7. I'm already compromising with a non-removable battery if I were to pick one up.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
In reading all the " I'll pass on the Note 7 " responses I feel as if I'll be sooo soooo special when I get it next month haaaaaa

I'm okay with that because who doesn't like to feel " special " !?!?!

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I currently own an iPhone 6s plus and also just bought a Galaxy Note 4 which I'm obsessed with right now. I'd really missed android. I decided against the Note 5 for obvious reasons. Need that micro SD. I'll totally be getting Note 7 as long as it's got micro SD slot. Otherwise I'm sticking with this note 4 until the wheels fall off. I'm switching back and forth between my iPhone 6s plus and this. Man I love this note 4!!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The only device that would make me skip on the Note 7 is the Note 4 if the 7 isn't doesn't deliver what we're hoping for.

My wife just took delivery of a new-used (can't tell the used part) Note 4, so far I like it a lot. Might pick me up one, it's a monster for under $300 with no gorky curved edge, SD and replaceable battery...what a concept!!

I can say this, it's enough of a monster even though it's a few years old that if the Note 7 has a curved screen I'll be picking up the 4 before there's a feeding frenzy on them.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My wife just took delivery of a new-used (can't tell the used part) Note 4, so far I like it a lot. Might pick me up one, it's a monster for under $300 with no gorky curved edge, SD and replaceable battery...what a concept!!

I can say this, it's enough of a monster even though it's a few years old that if the Note 7 has a curved screen I'll be picking up the 4 before there's a feeding frenzy on them.

If you've got the cash, get a bunch of them now so when the frenzy starts, you're the supplier. Buy low, sell high.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Note 7 - no edge crap - the stresses in the screen almost guarantee screen cracking - and Samsung almost certainly will find an "out" to not cover it - and if they can't find a way to make an unbreakable screen, let's give Lifeboat the job - replaceable 4000-6000mAh battery, decent camera (at least 20,000 px), decent light sensitivity, decent contrast ratio (IOW, let's make the camera a camera or take it out of the phone), stock, tested quick charging and a minimum 2TB card slot. (I don't care if they're available yet - give SanDisk a camera it works in and they'll build one.)

IOW, the best features of the 7 and leave the worst features on the floor. (We don't need another .5cm screen space at the expense of a cracked, unwarrantied screen. And unless you bleed money, "curved" and "cracked" are like ham and eggs.)

Basically we need a company whose prime purpose is a good GPS phone, not a cheap phone with whoopie-do features that will break in a week but give us nothing but "water-resistant - if you treat it right - and maybe enough space on the "look at it and it leaks" screen for one more letter. For $1,000, yet, unless you want carrier bloat and carrier garbage that you need root (which voids the warranty in the US) to get rid of,.

I'd be after the 7 like a shot - if it paid to own one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney