What phone coming out might make you pass on the note 7?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and the only question I have is whether or not to keep my Note 5 or go for the 7.

Posted via the Android Central App
I got my Note 4 day one. When I went to play with the Note 5. I decided to stay with my Note 4 instead. I had a 128GB Microsd plus the 32GB on board. I had movies on one SD card and business stuff on the other. The Note 5 did not work for me because of no Microsd. I think you should go to Verizon store and play with it before making your final decision. My Note 4 is still working like an champ. For me and what I do for my work in the IT Field. There is no other phone but a Note phone with a pen and Microsd. Digital signatures, overhead projector, etc... This is why i will get the Note 7.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Note 7 - no edge crap - the stresses in the screen almost guarantee screen cracking - and Samsung almost certainly will find an "out" to not cover it - and if they can't find a way to make an unbreakable screen, let's give Lifeboat the job - replaceable 4000-6000mAh battery, decent camera (at least 20,000 px), decent light sensitivity, decent contrast ratio (IOW, let's make the camera a camera or take it out of the phone), stock, tested quick charging and a minimum 2TB card slot. (I don't care if they're available yet - give SanDisk a camera it works in and they'll build one.)

IOW, the best features of the 7 and leave the worst features on the floor. (We don't need another .5cm screen space at the expense of a cracked, unwarrantied screen. And unless you bleed money, "curved" and "cracked" are like ham and eggs.)

Basically we need a company whose prime purpose is a good GPS phone, not a cheap phone with whoopie-do features that will break in a week but give us nothing but "water-resistant - if you treat it right - and maybe enough space on the "look at it and it leaks" screen for one more letter. For $1,000, yet, unless you want carrier bloat and carrier garbage that you need root (which voids the warranty in the US) to get rid of,.

I'd be after the 7 like a shot - if it paid to own one.
I disagree with you with the stress will guarantee screen cracking. Both of my daughters have edge phones 1 has the s6 Edge Plus and the other has the S7 Edge. Both have dropped there phones both has have them since day one no cracked screen no stress cracks.

Does any one that have S7 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, S6 Edge, or Note 4 Edge that matter ever got any kind of Stress cracks? None of my friends or my daughters have that problem.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As another user above me has stated, if I was in your position, I would wait to see what Nexus sends out this year before grabbing a flagship device. Nexus is, in my opinion, one of the greatest manufacturers out there for mobile devices. They did a great job with LG/the 5, 5X and Huawei/6P, and I am interested in seeing how they do with HTC (if that is still what's happening).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I rate the Nexus Marlin and Note 7 neck and neck based on what we know so far with the note having a slight edge.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's hard for me to say which phone might make me reconsider my house.

The Axon 7, next Nexus devices, OnePlus 3 and even the Galaxy S7 edge plus whatever is coming out later in the year will make me interested, but the S Pen is what hooked me onto the Note, and I just don't see that in the other offerings.

They are all great phones, but ultimately, it's the S Pen that made me really interested in the Note, alongside all the other high-end hardware.

Tony Vargas

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
After using Galaxy S 4G, then rooted and unlocked Note, followed by Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge (yes, I upgraded from the 4 after 3 weeks when the Edge launched) to the Note 5. I love the 5 but the Note Edge is by far my fav. Note 7 is said to have both edge screens, but I only want one! One larger edge screen is better than 2 skinnier screens, in my book.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm tossing a coin between the Note 7 and iPhone 7 Pro. Both are looking quite tasty.
I will always pick the Note over the iPhone 7 Pro any day. Who wants to pay $99 for a pencil. Sources are saying that there will not be a iPhone 7 release this year anyway. There is going to be another iPhone 6 release. By the way if you ask the source is @evleaks.

Agnivolok

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
LG is the only company that still has ir blaster so if a 5.5 - 5.7 inch LG comes out soon it could sway me. It would need to be built better than G5 though. Modularity is a big minus as far as I'm concerned so I hope LG doesn't put it in all their new lights.

Sorry but leeco and other Chinese manufacturers still have ir blasters as I have the Letv le2 pro which came out on June 15 the of this year.

FeinP1118

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I currently use an S6 Edge with a Mophie battery case. It's fantastic. I will definitely upgrade to the Note 7 tho, for the S-pen and larger screen.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't leave the note...the s pen has spoiled me. I want to try other phones like sony Xperia but I can't live without the s pen. DAMN YOU SAMSUNG FOR MAKING SUCH AN AMAZING PHONE!

Plus to add, DAMN you other phone manufacturers who won't consider making a phone with a pen! IF another manufacturer made one with a pen, removable battery, SD card slot, notification led, big honking battery, and a great camera with OIS, I'd be Gone from Samsung in a New York minute.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Plus to add, DAMN you other phone manufacturers who won't consider making a phone with a pen! IF another manufacturer made one with a pen, removable battery, SD card slot, notification led, big honking battery, and a great camera with OIS, I'd be Gone from Samsung in a New York minute.

I'd be gone in half a new York minute if that was the case. Samsung is moving away from function and making their first priority aesthetics.

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
One of the big advantages of Android is the diversity of the phones. I enjoy trying something different, rather than just getting the new model of the same phone. So when I upgrade my LG G4 this summer either the Note 7 or Moto Z Force for me....

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If the Note 7 doesn't impress me (so far not), maybe I'll keep my Note 5, get a new case, change the theme and have a new look.

Unless there's another phone that would be better.

Just waiting for official word from Samsung.

Posted via the *Note 5*

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If the Note 7 doesn't impress me (so far not), maybe I'll keep my Note 5, get a new case, change the theme and have a new look.

Unless there's another phone that would be better.

Just waiting for official word from Samsung.

Posted via the *Note 5*

New accessories usually helps me keep my phone feeling new. Although, my current case has lasted from the beginning and I can't imagine parting with it now. Plainly, I just don't need a new smartphone. I really don't. This phone has been everything I needed, wanted and then some.