What phone coming out might make you pass on the note 7?

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing rumors of the LG V20. Specs look pretty good. Replaceable battery, sd slot. 5.7-8" screen
3500 battery. 64gb, 4gb ram.
If disappointed in note 7, may take a hard look at it.

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone considering the LG v20, especially if the note is really high priced? I'm hearing a lot of good things about it and many loved the V10. if it's coming out in Sept I wonder if it would be wise to wait a few weeks instead of buying the Note?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone considering the LG v20, especially if the note is really high priced? I'm hearing a lot of good things about it and many loved the V10. if it's coming out in Sept I wonder if it would be wise to wait a few weeks instead of buying the Note?

Nope. I don't trust LG after my G4 that I gave to a buddy died on him (the motherboard failure problem they had) and LG doesn't want to repair it.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The s6 edge is ridiculous to hold. I feel like I'm going to drop it. Even with a case. Glass back was dumb on the iPhone why are they using it on galaxy series?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The s6 edge is ridiculous to hold. I feel like I'm going to drop it. Even with a case. Glass back was dumb on the iPhone why are they using it on galaxy series?

The S6 yes -- They did awful on that device with the edges. They feel like knives. The S7 / S7 Edge that has been fixed dramatically.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

As long as it continues to have rear buttons, nope.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
i have the S7E, but after seeing what Axon 7 offers for 400$, i start to wonder the high price of the S7E, and all of the sudden the Note 7 seems to be very unattractive, price wise at least.

Might wanna wait for a phone in s7e caliber or better with larger screen and consumer friendly price.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Flat screen. Two radios. Ir blaster. Removable battery.

Having not held the Note 7 I can't say how it feels in the hand, but how can you blanket say that a flat screen will always be better? Two radios why?

Yup, I want another one as a backup to my original. :) From my post earlier in this thread:

Yeah, but so many things about the Note 4 are worse than the Note 7 (even based on just the rumors).

Why even stick with Samsung then? Isn't something like the V10 and presumably the upcoming V20 more of what you want?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but so many things about the Note 4 are worse than the Note 7 (even based on just the rumors).

It's not "so many things". It is "literally everything".

The Note 7 is better in the following categories: Processor, RAM, FPS, Security, Design, Software, Software Support, Screen, Battery Size, Battery Life (inferred because Note 5 was already better and Note 7 is more hardware efficient + 16% larger battery), Storage Quantity, Storage Speed, Camera, Charging Speed, Charging Technology

The Note 4 is better in the following categories:

The closest 2016 phone I could find to match up spec to spec with the Note 4 is the Moto G4 Plus 64/4.
Which is $299 MSRP, easy to get for cheaper.

And in that comparison, the Moto G4 Plus 64/4 is better in the following categories: RAM, FPS, Security, Software, Software Support, Battery Life, Storage Quantity, Camera, Charging Speed, Charging Technology

The Note 4 is better than the Moto G4 Plus 64/4 is better in the foloowing categories: Processor (maybe), Screen (probably, definitely wins on resolution, not sure about actual quality), Battery Size

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL, the Note 4 IS my standard. Only thing I want that would improve on it is a slightly larger screen.

You wouldn't want a better processor, better display, better camera, better battery life, more RAM, a better pen, a better fingerprint scanner, more security or better heat management?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And better software.

And more storage and better storage.. the Note 4 has a HUGE list of areas of opportunity, because it leads the industry in exactly zero categories. It was beaten in almost every category within 5 months of it's release and since then almost every device that is released is better at literally everything.