07-29-2016 01:11 PM
147 123 ...
tools
    G3 user here. Love this phone but I'm ready for something new. Got my eyes on the note 7. Do not want to buy it and miss out something else. Did a little research on other phones and just want to hear from you guys. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-19-2016 02:54 PM
    Nothing on this planet. Or a Note Edge 2

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    Tony Vargas likes this.
    06-19-2016 03:11 PM
    Maybe whatever Nexus will release later this year ?

I'm still surprised with myself for not grabbing the Nexus 6P but thus far there's been minimal news about it aside from maybe HTC manufacturing it ?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-19-2016 03:33 PM
    The Note 8
    Seriously tho, there is nothing else. Had the Notes 3, 4 and 5. Can't wait for this to get back my SD card storage (my only complaint about the 5, the non-removable battery ended up being less of a hassle than I expected), and then we're back to perfection. Could not imagine not having the S-Pen, so hopefully there are always Notes to come!
    dcooper830 and Jude526 like this.
    06-20-2016 07:32 AM
    Something smaller. Anyone else have days where they think the N4 is too big then most other days where it's perfect?
    06-20-2016 01:58 PM
    Maybe the next Nexus. I have the Note 5 and a Nexus 6P. Love them both. I'm using the 6P with my service and the Note 5 on wifi.

06-21-2016 12:24 AM
    The Moto Z Force could sway me....
    jimgravy likes this.
    06-21-2016 11:34 AM
    I have s5 and love it. But ready for bigger phone. Hope they make flat screen not edge, or both models, for people wanting edge.

Posted from Android Central
    debdroid1a likes this.
    06-21-2016 01:29 PM
    I have s5 and love it. But ready for bigger phone. Hope they make flat screen not edge, or both models, for people wanting edge.

Looks like there's only going to be an edge version.

I wonder how the S7 is working. I'll have to look at that section here. I'm not interested in an edge.

I'm also going to wait and see which phones they compare to the Note 7. There's usually youtube videos of them. That will help me decide on my next phone.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    nonie and cinnamin like this.
    06-22-2016 06:30 AM
    Something smaller. Anyone else have days where they think the N4 is too big then most other days where it's perfect?
    Love the size most of the time, but I upgraded to the S7 for something more compact, my thumb was beginning to hurt from using these large phones one handed.

As to the forum question, I am looking to see what LG does to replace the V10, especially if the Note 7 is edged only.

06-22-2016 09:42 AM
    LG is the only company that still has ir blaster so if a 5.5 - 5.7 inch LG comes out soon it could sway me. It would need to be built better than G5 though. Modularity is a big minus as far as I'm concerned so I hope LG doesn't put it in all their new lights.
    missouriexile likes this.
    06-22-2016 09:47 AM
    I am strong for the Notes. But, I had to pass on the Note 5.

I travel on 2 wheels most of the time, and using my phone big time.. Tons of movies, super large FLAC music files, tons of pictures, and constantly in use. I usually carry 4 spare batteries.. It is sweet to be on the train, and battery runs out, and I do a 15 second swap out, and back to 100%. Nothing like it..My music, vids, and pics total 150 gbs and climbing.. So, sd support and removable battery is a must.. If the Note 7 doesn't have the removable battery, I am incline to go over to the LG, one of them has all what I want and a 64 gb basic memory.
    However, if the Note 7 has sd and removable battery, I am braking a leg to get one..
    missouriexile and Inders99 like this.
    06-22-2016 04:15 PM
    Possibly the next Nexus. I hate to say it but had the iPhone 8 been up for release it could be a contender. But, I'll probably go for the Note.

06-22-2016 04:46 PM
    Never wanted apple but if new note is curved might be jumping off Samsung. Don't like curve screens

nonie and jimd1050 like this.
    06-23-2016 12:15 AM
    I'd rather just keep my Note 4 and maybe buy a spare on amazon. I have no interest in curved screens or glass backs. I just want my SD card slot back. Fine, make the battery non-removable but PLEASE don't give the new Note a Glass backing.

These productivity devices are turning into fashion devices. That's the way they went with the Note 5 and it failed compared to the Note 4. When Samsungs Note Series goes back to its "getting the job done" roots and quits the "beautiful, elegant" paradigm, I'll gladly buy their products.

Inders99, Jude526, 21stNow and 2 others like this.
    06-23-2016 07:45 AM
    I'd rather just keep my Note 4 and maybe buy a spare on amazon. I have no interest in curved screens or glass backs. I just want my SD card slot back. Fine, make the battery non-removable but PLEASE don't give the new Note a Glass backing.

These productivity devices are turning into fashion devices. That's the way they went with the Note 5 and it failed compared to the Note 4. When Samsungs Note Series goes back to its "getting the job done" roots and quits the "beautiful, elegant" paradigm, I'll gladly buy their products.

Excellent post, I think the Note 4 is the last great device Samsung produced.
    21stNow and hamsterwheel like this.
    06-23-2016 07:49 AM

Great point, and you are not by yourself, I tell you that.

My Note 4 will be pushing 2 years old this October, and still running strong. Hasn't even blinked in a year and three quarters, ditto for my Gear S watch too. The last 2 upgrades for the Note and the Gear S, have been downers for me, and I see others see the same.. I don't want to jump ship, or keep the Note 4 another year, I don't think that will be an option for me. Not that the Note 4 is not good, it is just that, apps will be coming out that are looking for the new power chips being installed in the latest smartphones.. So, if Note 7 doesn't come with removable battery, I am gone..
    06-23-2016 10:42 AM
    The Notes are my absolute favorite phones. Nothing even comes close for me.

I LOVE the S-pen! I use it ALL the time.. can't live without it. Even with the non removable battery and no SD card... my Note 5 is still extremely enjoyable... fast, fluid, reliable, eye candy.. etc...

I've had the Note 2, 3, 4, and 5.... I WILL have the Note 7!!

So my answer is NONE. None phone will make me pass on the Note 7!
    sandra_17 likes this.
    06-23-2016 11:46 AM
    I'm in the same boat with many. The note series has done too little that the note 4 has done right with being a productivity sevice. The curved screen is a big downside. Sorry buy even if I do get an otterbox case and a glass screen protector, I feel like it a way to vulnerable anyway. That's what really drove me away.
    What I'm on the fence of is its glass back in comparison to the metal rimmed and plastic back to make it seem durable, and the non removable battery. Maybe I can do well with the glass back since I use an otterbox case about 99% of the time I use my phone, but the removable battery is still an issue, and I don't like how low LG'S removable battery is in the G5. 2900mAh is too low.

06-23-2016 12:38 PM
    I've been looking at rumors for iPhone 7, but the specs don't compare to note 7.
    Really rather have flat screen, but note 7 may just tempt me. 😉

06-23-2016 12:53 PM
    Still rocking my Note3, just got new tempered glass screens protector, took off sview case and installed wireless charging back. New job has me using phone for work alot, so use a portable battery charger but thinking about going the spare battery route. A friend has the S7 and I like the form, but not certain if I want to add the expense to my budget as long as my Note3 still gets the job done. Not a fan of sealed batteries as I have experienced a few over charging incidents and being able to immediately remove battery of overheating device, may have saved a meltdown!
    06-23-2016 02:51 PM
    I have to say no other phone. I use my Note 4 for business and get signatures with it. The only other option for me is the Note 7.
    06-23-2016 03:45 PM
    I am very conflicted. I don't like curve screens. Can i learn to like it? Unsure. Played with 7 edge. Can't use glass screen protector. Like the idea of iris scanner. Will have to see it. I should never say never. But will have to see it

zoomis likes this.
    06-23-2016 05:24 PM
    I am very conflicted. I don't like curve screens. Can i learn to like it? Unsure. Played with 7 edge. Can't use glass screen protector. Like the idea of iris scanner. Will have to see it. I should never say never. But will have to see it

I feel the same way.

06-24-2016 02:04 PM
    Never wanted apple but if new note is curved might be jumping off Samsung. Don't like curve screens

Apple is going with the edges too I hear. Samsung is selling more edge phones than the flat I believe. I actually like it. Using the S7 edge.

06-24-2016 05:47 PM
147 123 ...