5.8 inch screen?

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Does the Edge screen reduce the usable area of the screen?
What functionality is the edge supposed to provide? S-PEN?
To a grumpy old f*** like myself it seems to 'take away' more than it adds. (which is not much) IMHO.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll be touching a half century of life in a few months myself.

The edge screen offers the same usable screen area as my previous Note 5. It may throw some people off that the screen curves at the outer edges; some people have a similar problem with those new big screen TVs that curve inward for a wider field of view image.

The curve is actually smaller than the same design on the S7 edge. It's not really for S-Pen use as much as giving another option for quick access and customizability. I can see some use for it, but like most people I probably use less than 30% of what the phone is truly capable of.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I use it for quick access to apps, especially my small business ones.

But, it's still a gimmick. It looks neat. I'd I had a choice for a flat one, I would've gotten that!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I would say it is at least a little more challenging selecting things 'around the corner' on the edge of the screen. Its doable, but if you are trying to make a rectangle selection with the pen it's not as easy as it would be on a totally flat screen.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am finding it makes smart select a bit frustrating sometimes... the image may be wrapping the edge a bit and I lose contact with my selection box

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The Note 7 is my 1st edge screen and I really like it no boarders so I viewing on the hole surface, seems easier to navigate too, I have only had one web page load funny on the edge panel, but most likely that page dident support mobile.
Downside more fragile more care is needed

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I really like the edges more than i thought I would. It basically makes the phone borderless. And also makes handling the phone much easier.

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I love the no borders. when watching netflix, youtube, and the likes, it is nice not to see the bezel on the top and bottom when in landscape mode. then the onyx black for the sides, imo, better enhances the movie watching experience.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I love the no borders. when watching netflix, youtube, and the likes, it is nice not to see the bezel on the top and bottom when in landscape mode. then the onyx black for the sides, imo, better enhances the movie watching experience.

I do love no bezels. I was getting sick of the big bezels on all of my Droids so this was a nice change.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I had an S6 Edge + previously to the Note 7 ...... both being quite large in my little hands but with the edges it made the phones so much easier to grip

The edges on the Note feels less cumbersome in my hands and I especially love the way it looks with no bezels on the sides.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had an S6 Edge + previously to the Note 7 ...... both being quite large in my little hands but with the edges it made the phones so much easier to grip

The edges on the Note feels less cumbersome in my hands and I especially love the way it looks with no bezels on the sides.
Edge bezels offer some protection if screen falls flat to floor also