I remember seeing some kind of light glow deal on the back and was wondering if there will still be an LED notification light on the face of the Note 7 ?

I sure hope so.
    06-27-2016 11:45 AM
    Don't see why not. It's there on the S7 and they will likely follow the same design language.
    felloffthetruck and Almeuit like this.
    06-27-2016 11:50 AM
    Don't see why not. It's there on the S7 and they will likely follow the same design language.
    Agreed.
    06-27-2016 01:32 PM
    Just saw something about "Smart Glow" and hope this does not do away with the notification light for some glowing gimmick on the new phone.
    recDNA likes this.
    06-27-2016 01:57 PM
    Smart Glow would light up around the rear camera lens so you could see notifications when the phone is face down.
    06-27-2016 09:08 PM
    Likely yes.

The notification LED has been a staple in Android flagships for a while now, and is generally regarded to be an extremely useful feature. So Samsung would be crazy to remove it.

The "Smart Glow" feature that's on the Galaxy J2 (2016) will likely function in the same manner as on the LG G2. A front LED when the phone is facing towards the user, and a rear-facing LED when the phone is face-down on a table.
    06-28-2016 10:37 AM
    The LED notification is one of the first things I disable on my phone. I hate that light going off constantly. 😁
    21stNow likes this.
    06-28-2016 11:31 AM
    I hope so. If not, then the screen would have to light up with on screen notifications, or some similar onscreen process. I presume this could consume more battery than compared to a dedicated LED light.
    06-29-2016 06:45 AM
    Exclusive: Samsung’s new Smart Glow feature detailed! - SamMobile http://www.sammobile.com/2016/06/29/...ture-detailed/
    06-29-2016 03:52 PM
    Exclusive: Samsung’s new Smart Glow feature detailed! - SamMobile Exclusive: Samsung’s new Smart Glow feature detailed - SamMobile
    Another useless feature like the Iris Scanner.
    anon(27512) and debdroid1a like this.
    06-30-2016 09:15 AM
    Smart Glow would light up around the rear camera lens so you could see notifications when the phone is face down.
    I think this would be interesting in addition to the existing LED on the front but if it's instead of, it would be useless for me. I never set my almost $1k phone screen down on a surface.
    06-30-2016 12:30 PM
    The LED notification is one of the first things I disable on my phone. I hate that light going off constantly.
    That's one of the most desirable features on the phone. Almost imperative for people that use it for work.
    I'm surprised you're not using an iPhone.
    FeinP1118 likes this.
    07-07-2016 12:50 PM
    Another useless feature like the Iris Scanner.
    Absolutely brilliant idea, as when I'm out to supper or drinks I almost always set my phone screen down (my cases are all raised edge) so some clumsy server or me, doesn't spill on the screen. So being able to get notified of an alert is absolutely genius.
    07-07-2016 12:54 PM
    That's one of the most desirable features on the phone. Almost imperative for people that use it for work.
    He has to use an iPhone since he doesn't like a blinking notification light? Lol. Just remember not everyone has the same exact needs so they may not see a need or want for the notification light. I have it on my S7 Edge but I didn't miss it when I had my 6P and stuff.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    07-07-2016 01:23 PM
    I also turn off sound notifications. I am on my phone a lot so I see my screen notifications not long after I get them. I use the note for ease of organization for my business stuff and size of phone. I wouldn't use an iPhone if you gave me one.
    TJA3500 and debdroid1a like this.
    07-07-2016 03:02 PM
    I also turn off sound notifications. I am on my phone a lot so I see my screen notifications not long after I get them. I use the note for ease of organization for my business stuff and size of phone. I wouldn't use an iPhone if you gave me one.
    Liar
    07-08-2016 01:02 PM
    I would give it to my kid. They like that imessage crap 😁
    07-08-2016 02:33 PM
    I don't like this idea. I turn my phone face down at night so any notification or lights don't wake me. Guess I'd disable it. Still on the fence for a note 7.

I use my Samsung Gear 2 Neo watch for notifications anyway.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    07-08-2016 05:45 PM
    I would give it to my kid. They like that imessage crap
    It's funny you mention iMessage.. It's the only real thing I like on the iPhone.. It's like bbm, only relevant lol.. My note 5 went belly up in the lake.. So I'm using this until the N7 drops..
    07-08-2016 09:37 PM
    I use my Note 4 for work and have the LED notification light disabled. Even if I didn't have the Galaxy Gear, I would disable the LED notification because the flashing light annoys me.
    07-12-2016 09:29 PM
    I use my Note 4 for work and have the LED notification light disabled. Even if I didn't have the Galaxy Gear, I would disable the LED notification because the flashing light annoys me.
    I hope they keep it personally. I like being able to glance at my phone while it's on my desk to see if I missed something. It's easy for people to disable but if they got rid of it people like me would be screwed.
    07-12-2016 11:25 PM
    I hope they keep it personally. I like being able to glance at my phone while it's on my desk to see if I missed something. It's easy for people to disable but if they got rid of it people like me would be screwed.
    Yes, as long as the user can fully disable the LED notification light, I don't mind it being there for people who will use it. I have hated the light on phones like the HTC One X. No matter what, I couldn't actually disable that light even though I had it turned off in settings.
    07-14-2016 08:54 PM
    Absolutely brilliant idea, as when I'm out to supper or drinks I almost always set my phone screen down (my cases are all raised edge) so some clumsy server or me, doesn't spill on the screen. So being able to get notified of an alert is absolutely genius.
    No way I would set a phone down on the same surface I'm eating or drinking on, or at least as a matter of habit. I guess it would be better to have something spilled on the back as apposed to the screen but why spill anything on it at all ? On top of that, unless you're a doctor or something, why is every single little notification so critical ? If I'm out to eat or drink and I need my phone, it's in my hand, otherwise it's holstered. What's wrong with sound notification ? And even then, would your wife or date put up with you to be ready at a moments notice to check that notification whether it's LED, sound or otherwise. Though I do like or at least don't mind the LED notification.

Just sayin☺️

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-16-2016 12:07 AM
    Likely yes.

The notification LED has been a staple in Android flagships for a while now, and is generally regarded to be an extremely useful feature. So Samsung would be crazy to remove it.

The "Smart Glow" feature that's on the Galaxy J2 (2016) will likely function in the same manner as on the LG G2. A front LED when the phone is facing towards the user, and a rear-facing LED when the phone is face-down on a table.
    Moto did
    07-17-2016 11:22 AM