08-02-2016 05:15 PM
225 1234 ...
tools
    Highly doubtful.
    I more than likely will have to go with another brand then. I can't deal with a phone that does not have a removable battery.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    Inders99 likes this.
    07-01-2016 11:12 AM
    Thanks for your explanation.
    07-01-2016 11:57 AM
    07-01-2016 12:39 PM
    I was hoping for a 4000mAh battery, but 3600mAh is still an upgrade over the Note 5, along with what could be better efficiency for its internal components.

Still better than both my LG G4 and HTC One M7, both of which struggle to last a day on my usage pattern. The G4 had the bonus of a spare battery that I can swap, but when you have a really tight case on it, it's can be a struggle.
    Almeuit and dsignori like this.
    07-01-2016 01:05 PM
    07-01-2016 06:01 PM
    The 2nd hole is usually for flash, heart rate, and SpO2 sensors.
    07-01-2016 07:28 PM
    ooOo shiny
    07-01-2016 07:55 PM
    HAWT
    07-01-2016 10:59 PM
    I don't understand how anyone can be disappointed over the battery, even if it's 3600mah that's a 20% increase over the Note 5, and the Note 5 managed better battery life than previous Notes that had larger batteries.

256Gb storage not happening, samsung is charging more for that storage than the production cost of their phones. It's meant for high end windows tablets and 2 in 1 devices. 64Gb should of been expected, 128Gb hoped for.

Snapdragon 830, never saw that rumor myself, but really? You expect them to have an unreleased unannounced chipset? Does samsung time travel now?

Samsung never promised any of this, they were rumors and speculation from fan boys.

Want something to be disappointed in? It looks like there will be less screen real estate for S Pen use because they decided to wrap the display around the edges without making it larger. If the leaked photos are true, it's a disappointment on design.

After the Note 5 was nothing more than an S6 with bigger display and S Pen, exact same everything else! I'm shocked so many people expected the Note 7 to be some huge upgrade over the S7.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-02-2016 02:06 AM
    I don't understand how anyone can be disappointed over the battery, even if it's 3600mah that's a 20% increase over the Note 5, and the Note 5 managed better battery life than previous Notes that had larger batteries.
    I think it was because some wanted to see a battery that's larger than the one on the S7e due to the Note's larger size.

Regardless, like you said (and also what I said earlier), 3600mAh is still a healthy upgrade over the Note 5, along with more efficient components.

R.I.P GPe program
    Aquila likes this.
    07-02-2016 02:14 AM

256Gb storage not happening, samsung is charging more for that storage than the production cost of their phones. It's meant for high end windows tablets and 2 in 1 devices. 64Gb should of been expected, 128Gb hoped for.

Snapdragon 830, never saw that rumor myself, but really? You expect them to have an unreleased unannounced chipset? Does samsung time travel now?

Samsung never promised any of this, they were rumors and speculation from fan boys.

Want something to be disappointed in? It looks like there will be less screen real estate for S Pen use because they decided to wrap the display around the edges without making it larger. If the leaked photos are true, it's a disappointment on design.

After the Note 5 was nothing more than an S6 with bigger display and S Pen, exact same everything else! I'm shocked so many people expected the Note 7 to be some huge upgrade over the S7.

time and time again, I tell people that the Note line, as well as it is, is just a larger rendition of the previously announced flagships (in this case the s7, even why all the hooplah in changing the name to note 7 instead of 6). All they are are larger versions of these phones, usually, with spen capabilities, and 1 - 2 more features, software wise.

Original Note - larger S2
    note 2 - larger s3
    note 3 - larger s4
    note 4 - larger s5
    note 5 - larger s6
    note 7 - larger s7

the only one that did not follow the design ques (to a degree) is the note edge, but hell it was a larger s5 just like the note 4 but with an edge display on the right hand side.

I agree OP, i dont see why people think differently of it.
    07-02-2016 03:29 AM
    I'm doomed lol.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    07-02-2016 04:44 AM
    time and time again, I tell people that the Note line, as well as it is, is just a larger rendition of the previously announced flagships (in this case the s7, even why all the hooplah in changing the name to note 7 instead of 6). All they are are larger versions of these phones, usually, with spen capabilities, and 1 - 2 more features, software wise.

Original Note - larger S2
    note 2 - larger s3
    note 3 - larger s4
    note 4 - larger s5
    note 5 - larger s6
    note 7 - larger s7

the only one that did not follow the design ques (to a degree) is the note edge, but hell it was a larger s5 just like the note 4 but with an edge display on the right hand side.

I agree OP, i dont see why people think differently of it.
    That's what I thought too. The Note is usually based on the S-Line phone of the same year, but with its own set of software tricks, hardware upgrades and of course, the S Pen, to differentiate it from the S-line device. But it's not hard to see the resemblance in both.

When Samsung ditched the removable plastic back design for a sealed glass + metal design that also resulted in a sealed battery last year with the S6, I had a hunch that the Note would be given the same treatment.

Do I think the Note should be given a removable battery given its reputation among power users? Probably, especially since some users really like it. Is it really needed? Probably not, especially since the battery is bound to be bigger on the 7 anyway, and if the S7e is any indication, it should be a battery champ.

As for battery replacement, you could always take it back to a Samsung authorized repair store for a battery swap for like, half-an-hour, right? Not as fast and convenient as swapping the battery on a Note 4, but you don't really need to buy a whole new phone just because of a worn battery.

Yes, you may now throw your torches and pitchforks at me.
    07-02-2016 12:43 PM
    They should call it a Note Pen - since it doesn't exist in S devices.

Yes, you may now throw your torches and pitchforks at me.
    Why? Did you by a shield? It's not as funny if you're ready for it.
    Nightowl67 likes this.
    07-02-2016 12:47 PM
    Why? Did you by a shield? It's not as funny if you're ready for it.
    No, I didn't. Why? Are the counter-opinions to my own opinion going to be really brutal?

If so, I might regret this.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-02-2016 12:53 PM
    exactly... but many consumers just follow the hype, and the marketing for the next big thing, having owned each and every note released (including the edge) the subtle upgrades and downgrades, are usually warranted, all but the removable battery, and microsd card.

I get by fine with mine, and if i am low, adaptive fast charge works wonders, as well as the AFC external battery that samsung has, as well as countless other third party suppliers. Just wish i had more memory as 64GB doesn't cut it for my uses (but I need to have better disk space management on my end.. [that could be why i have almost 24TB of data at home with who knows what on there because they aren't all consolidated] lol)
    07-02-2016 03:17 PM
    @Rumblee1 As far as I know the 830 won't be out until 2017 so no phone this year will have it.
    07-03-2016 12:32 PM
    3600 is a big upgrade. those complainers wouldn't be satisfied even if it was 5000mah. I bet you'd still find a way to not make a last a day.

Plus the mass doesn't want a heavier phone. the exact reason why Iphone's are getting lighter.

Preach2k and Aquila like this.
    07-03-2016 08:59 PM
    The battery in my Note 5 is plenty. After a 12 hour day at work, I still have plenty left.
    Whatever size they put in the Note 7 will be fine for my usage. I've never switched a battery out of any phone I've owned that had a removable back.
    Preach2k likes this.
    07-03-2016 09:16 PM
    I'm so sick of the battery life obsession. I mean serious real world problems here. Battery life is better than ever and it's still not good enough. I get a full day out of my S7Edge, and then I plop it in the wireless charger at night, that's it, it's not complicated . I still remember when we were lucky to get 2 solid hours. These kids today don't know real struggle lol

Preach2k, keepnitreel and TJA3500 like this.
    07-03-2016 10:26 PM
    I'm so sick of the battery life obsession. I mean serious real world problems here. Battery life is better than ever and it's still not good enough. I get a full day out of my S7Edge, and then I plop it in the wireless charger at night, end of story. I still remember when we were lucky to get 2 solid hours. These kids today don't know real struggle lol

I'm telling you, they'll complain even with a 6000 mah battery

07-03-2016 11:26 PM
    I'm so sick of the battery life obsession. I mean serious real world problems here. Battery life is better than ever and it's still not good enough. I get a full day out of my S7Edge, and then I plop it in the wireless charger at night, that's it, it's not complicated . I still remember when we were lucky to get 2 solid hours.
    If I had to guess I run out of juice once every ten days and that's before the end of the working day, not night time. I just swap out and I continue on. I don't waste time with games, Facebook, IG or any other social media, just run my business. Those who complain about lack of swappable batteries do have valid issues sometimes. Do some run out because they waste their day with their heads buried in these things....yup, but some just don't have access for remote charging. Travelers also face the same issues.

It does become an issue because no power = no phone, and for me it means no business so I understand the concerns.
    TJA3500 likes this.
    07-04-2016 05:27 AM
    I'm so sick of the battery life obsession. I mean serious real world problems here. Battery life is better than ever and it's still not good enough. I get a full day out of my S7Edge, and then I plop it in the wireless charger at night, that's it, it's not complicated . I still remember when we were lucky to get 2 solid hours. These kids today don't know real struggle lol

Battery size isn't everything. These devices need to be optimized correctly to utilize all that power and make it last a long time. We're not all in similar situations. I work in an office now and charging my phone is easy but beforehand charging my phone was very difficult so I needed to carry an extra battery on me. I used my phone a lot for work so throughout the day the battery would drain. Not everyone is in the same position as you are. Some of us do need the maximum size possible with the best utilization possible. Android sucks on a lot of juice but it's also the most functional OS out there which is why so many of us in business use them.

I had some of the first pocketable cell phones. I know how bad the battery life was, but continuing to improve is how things move forward.

07-04-2016 06:44 AM
    These devices need to be optimized correctly to utilize all that power and make it last a long time.
    This is a great point that I didn't touch on. Android can be quite fractured and as a result things run in the background draining the battery. I've worked like crazy to recover my G4 from the lousy MM roll-out and now I've given up. After the update my stellar battery life was consistent, 30-35% at bed most days. Now I run out of juice whereas it was rare before.

I also don't have the ability (nor the desire to carry peripherals) to change most days. Still not getting the push-back on better battery management and in some cases replaceable batteries. Android has a big role in this battery management and to date they've only done a fair job IMO with the app behavior.
    07-04-2016 07:57 AM
    This is a great point that I didn't touch on. Android can be quite fractured and as a result things run in the background draining the battery. I've worked like crazy to recover my G4 from the lousy MM roll-out and now I've given up. After the update my stellar battery life was consistent, 30-35% at bed most days. Now I run out of juice whereas it was rare before.

I also don't have the ability (nor the desire to carry peripherals) to change most days. Still not getting the push-back on better battery management and in some cases replaceable batteries. Android has a big role in this battery management and to date they've only done a fair job IMO with the app behavior.
    This brings up another point.

I still have an LG G3 that now belongs to my dad. Every day, I would see a notification from the system itself that tells me Facebook is draining power stealthily in the background, and recommends that I close it. However, after closing it, it would pop back up later. Power drain is around 3-6% per hour.

The issue with stuffing a large battery is that it gives software and app developers less incentive to optimize their software as there is too much "free-play" for them, so they'll just end up using the extra power as a safety net and might end up not making all the necessary adjustments to their piece of software to save power, ending up wasting all that extra power.

For the Note 7, Samsung seems to be going towards the route of software optimization, while also putting a relatively large 3600mAh battery in the phone. It's not the big 4000mAh unit we were hoping, but like I said, when you have a large battery, you also want the software to be sipping as much power as it could. Unfortunately, progress is rather slow right now, although Doze is a good first step.
    Inders99 likes this.
    07-04-2016 10:19 AM
225 1234 ...