The Note 7 Specs Detailed

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: What processor will the Note 7 receive here in the US?

I would assume the same processor for the US variant across carriers.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Will it be a huge disappointment if it has the Snapdragon 820 and only 4GB of ram?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

^ Well, yes. Because it might as well be a S7 lol

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Will it be a huge disappointment if it has the Snapdragon 820 and only 4GB of ram?
If you own an S7, probably.

Still a huge upgrade from my One M7, though, along with my former daily driver LG G4.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 Detailed

In one week, I thought the Note 7 would come with 6 GB RAM & have an 823 SoC processor running 7.0. Then I thought the combination would be 6 GB RAM with an 821 SoC also running 7.0. Now I'm waking up to Forbes and other news outlet reports that the Note 7 will offer 4 GB RAM and an 820 SoC running 6.0.1. Oh, and the battery was 4,000 mAh or 3,600 mAh depending on the day.

Speculating can be fun as we fantasize about a potential powerhouse phone soon to be on the shelves of our wireless carriers. But the bottom line is that leaks are still leaks at the end of the day; even if the legendary Evan Blass Tweets about a breakthrough feature. It's still a leak, and I doubt Mr. Blass has relationships with cellphone manufacturers' software engineers where schematics and spec sheets are shared with him.

In three weeks, when Samsung releases the Note 7 specs, we can then decide for ourselves if the Note 7 will be worth the investment. I think we've clearly learned that information provided by anyone other than the manufacturer is gossip. Even Geekbench and AnTuTu can't agree on processor and platform. So we wait until the one and only reliable source reveals the juicy details - Samsung.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Now they are callng this the Note 7 Lite. :-\

What's next?
That is why they call it Rumors and Speculations. There are 2 Benchmarks out there. One for the 6GB of Ram, and another for the 4GB of Ram. The Lite would be Flat Screen. It would be an Note 5 with just a little extra.

b451e8e0efac57336c1929c377bfd9f4.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If I bought an S7 a few months ago would the Note 7 be wasting my money since I don't use spen much?

Not too sure about that but I'll be wasting my money on the Note 7. :p
We have 2 Edges and 1 regular S7. Hopefully I can sell a couple of them to pay for the Note 7. :-\

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

In one week, I thought the Note 7 would come with 6 GB RAM & have an 823 SoC processor running 7.0. Then I thought the combination would be 6 GB RAM with an 821 SoC also running 7.0. Now I'm waking up to Forbes and other news outlet reports that the Note 7 will offer 4 GB RAM and an 820 SoC running 6.0.1. Oh, and the battery was 4,000 mAh or 3,600 mAh depending on the day.

Speculating can be fun as we fantasize about a potential powerhouse phone soon to be on the shelves of our wireless carriers. But the bottom line is that leaks are still leaks at the end of the day; even if the legendary Evan Blass Tweets about a breakthrough feature. It's still a leak, and I doubt Mr. Blass has relationships with cellphone manufacturers' software engineers where schematics and spec sheets are shared with him.

In three weeks, when Samsung releases the Note 7 specs, we can then decide for ourselves if the Note 7 will be worth the investment. I think we've clearly learned that information provided by anyone other than the manufacturer is gossip. Even Geekbench and AnTuTu can't agree on processor and platform. So we wait until the one and only reliable source reveals the juicy details - Samsung.

Totally agree.

Don't let the rumors get your expectations go up too high. Because from past experience, you will be disappointed if your expectations are overly high. Just take all of them with a grain of salt and wait for the official unveiling. Then decide if it's worth it.

R.I.P GPe program

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

If anyone asks, I wouldn't really mind it as much if it 'only' has 4GB of memory.

I still consider that to be more than sufficient for what I'm gonna use it for and it kinda seems like Samsung is going to go for software optimization to reduce memory overhead instead of just adding more memory.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

If anyone asks, I wouldn't really mind it as much if it 'only' has 4GB of memory.

I still consider that to be more than sufficient for what I'm gonna use it for and it kinda seems like Samsung is going to go for software optimization to reduce memory overhead instead of just adding more memory.

I would prefer better optimization if they can do it right. The problem with leaks and rumors is that people start making things up which brings fans hopes up. We all begin sharing what we WANT in the Note 7 and somewhere along the line of opinion, leaks begin. And then we get forum titles like ”I heard the Note 7 was coming out with 10gb of ram. true???”

I'll test out both phones in my T-Mobile store when they get released. If there really are two versions (one flat, one edged) I might skip it if the Flat doesn't share the same specs. I don't want to buy essentially a Note 5.5....except...saying that makes me wonder if I do. Note 5 specs with an SD card slot. Hmmmm. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae