The Note 7 Specs Detailed

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Note 7 Detailed

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 preview: Specs, software, release info and more! | Android Central

Samsung Exynos 8890 processor (similar or identical to that of the GS7 in Europe/Asia) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 820-series in some markets.
6GB of RAM
4,000mAh or 3,600mAh battery
5.7-inch QHD SuperAMOLED display, possibly with RGB subpixel matrix. (Higher subpixel density than diamond PenTile matrix displays used in most AMOLEDs, and thus sharper images.)
IP68 water and dust resistance
black, blue and silver color variants.
USB-C with USB 3.1
64GB internal storage + microSD
12-megapixel rear camera, likely the same as the GS7's; 5MP front camera.
Iris scanner for added biometric security.
An S Pen, presumably.

Last edited:

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Instead of the 4,000 mAh we were all expecting, it appears the Note 7 will bring with it a 3600 mAh battery. I'm thoroughly disappointed. The Note 7 will be a beast in all categories except battery life. With the screen resolution and "always on" feature deserve a 4,000+ mAh battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Leak: Galaxy Note 7 Front Panel, With Possible Iris Scanner!

Galaxy-Note-7-Front-Panel-Leak-02.png

Front panel of the Galaxy Note 7 leak out, as they appear in repair shops as well as roll off the production line for measurements and so on. In a collaboration with @OnLeaks, have managed to get their hands on what appears to be the front panel of the Galaxy Note 7, complete with what looks like space for the rumored Iris Scanner. The below side-by-side with the Galaxy S7 Edge gives us a quick comparison to see that there are a couple more cutouts on the Galaxy Note 7 front panel. It is on its way! I am biting at the bit!!!

Galaxy-Note-7-Front-Panel-Leak-01.png

Source

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Leak: Galaxy Note 7 Front Panel, With Possible Iris Scanner!

Looks like the curved edges are real, but they seem a little less pronounced compared to the S7e's curved sides.

Here's the interesting bit.
image.jpeg
Aside from the cutouts for what could be an iris scanner, notice the size of those cutouts. They take up a significant portion of the top bezel of the panel. And yes, there is no Samsung branding on the front of the phone, which is an interesting change from past Samsungs, bar the Nexus devices that Samsung had. The iris scanning hardware takes up so much space that there's simply no space left for branding without increasing bezel size.

To me, I like it, since it makes the front of the phone look at cleaner, especially in black.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not official but?

Im glad I got the S7 edge. Prior to that, I had the note 2 and 4. Great phones but I really never used the Spen. Now that we're finding out the specs on the NOTE 7, I'm surprised at all the discrepancies in the specs. Instead of a 4000mah battery, it may have a 3600. Instead of 256 gb of on board storage, it may well have 64,quite a big difference. And instead of the 830 processor, it's said to have the 820. Now none of these specs are bad, hell, theyre great. But why spend close to a grand for, what appears to be a bit bigger S7 edge with an spen?

Posted via Android Central App

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Update

As I stated in another part of the note 7 forums, battery size isnt the only dissapointment. It was supposed to have the new 830 chip and it seems that it'll have the 820. And remember when we were all told it was going to have 256 gb of on-board storage, guess what, now they're saying only 64.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not official but?

Im glad I got the S7 edge. Prior to that, I had the note 2 and 4. Great phones but I really never used the Spen. Now that we're finding out the specs on the NOTE 7, I'm surprised at all the discrepancies in the specs. Instead of a 4000mah battery, it may have a 3600. Instead of 256 gb of on board storage, it may well have 64,quite a big difference. And instead of the 830 processor, it's said to have the 820. Now none of these specs are bad, hell, theyre great. But why spend close to a grand for, what appears to be a bit bigger S7 edge with an spen?

SPen, updated software (that might trickle to the Edge), USB C with USB 3.1 support, more RAM, 32GB more internal storage, will be supported/updated longer, larger screen, probably a better screen, all around just better phone - and they're the same price if last year's note was a clue. Last year 64GB Note 5 was around $796 and the S7 Edge is $792. I know I'd prefer the Note to the Edge, especially if it doesn't have that curved screen.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Update

Highly doubtful.
Highly unlikely to see my money, then. I'm not carrying around a 20,000+ mAh power pack, and I'm not about to run out of power just before that great shot. They're too cheap to add a pop-off back with a good seal?

Maybe cellphones just aren't the way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy