The Note 7 Specs Detailed

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Samsung addressed issues that their customers wanted, and still managed to design the most highly praised phone of the year in the S7 that is selling really well and has returned them to the top. I don't see that as a problem.

And yes, they're always going to disappoint someone, but they can't sustain themselves by releasing the same phone every year just to please phone nerds ( and I mean that in the best sense).

Posted via the Android Central App
I feel that the S7 is a combo of the S5 and the S6.

It has the very design of the S6 with its dual-glass design and metal frame while inheriting some of the features of the S5, like water-resistance (improved in this iteration) and expandable storage, while also inheriting features from the S6, like the touch-based finger scanner, built-in wireless charging and Samsung Pay support. It also had its own stuff and improvements, like improved software, a new rear camera that is ludicrous in speed and takes fantastic low-light shots and even nice-looking daylight shots and a much-larger battery (a common pain-point in the S6).

Overall, I think they nailed the wants of many of their customer base with the S7. It's a sleek looking phone that also has better endurance along with features that many consumers will find beneficial. As for the removable battery and such, I don't think it'll be making a comeback in Samsung phones, sadly, but LG has got your back....if they can recover from the rather dismal performance of the G5.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Better have a 4000 mAh. 3600 is a tiny step up from the current 3220. Bleh

If I'm not mistaken it's only 3000mAh in Note 5 currently. That battery size disappointed many when it was released, but it was very comparable to Note 4's endurance in most review's tests due to better software. Even if 3600mAh in Note 7, it's 20% up from Note 5.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Battery Update

You'll have to snag something else then. Samsung went with design over features since they got bashed review after review for the "plastic feel". They're just doing what the majority was vocal about... So I don't think it has anything to do with cheap. If anything it was cheaper the previous way lol.

Personally I don't mind a pack. Is removable bad? No I enjoyed it when I had it but with quick charge on a pack and a car charger I never ran into an issue. Maybe if you were out and about a ton I could see but otherwise.. I don't get it.

Most people slap a case on their phone though so you don't even see the back of the phone or anything. The glass just makes it easier to break.

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
From what the rumors are now it is NOT going to be a 4000mah battery but rather the same cell as in the S7 Edge, 3600mah. This, IMHO, is too small as the S7 Edge has great battery life but isn't as big with persistent pen functions, retinal scanner, 2GB more RAM, larger screen etc. My Note 3 use to do 2 days easily even with heavy use. My girls S7 Edge can do a full day with heavy use but not more than that. If it's not 4k mah I'll probably wait and see what LG has to replace the popular v10. I so wanted that phone but the weak processor kept me away. With the Note series we need longevity which is why it NEEDS to be 4000mah! 4k mah or go home Samsung! :':)':)':)':)':)':)-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:-$:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This is what most manufactures go for I am sure. A full days use is all a phone really needs.
If the Note can last for a full day on a single charge on my usage pattern, then I'm going for it. Already burned by 2 phones that can't make it to dinner on a single charge.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If the Note can last for a full day on a single charge on my usage pattern, then I'm going for it. Already burned by 2 phones that can't make it to dinner on a single charge.

With my usage .. depends on how work is. Sometimes it is deaddddd so I have time to watch Crunchyroll a ton and kill the battery pretty quick. :p.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
With my usage .. depends on how work is. Sometimes it is deaddddd so I have time to watch Crunchyroll a ton and kill the battery pretty quick. :p.
Ask my LG G4.

12 hours of total uptime. Usage? YouTube and Facebook plus some phone calls and texting on 50% brightness.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The sunlight readability on the G4 is not really impressive on my eyes. I have to crank it up.

This is where Samsung's displays really shine, without a doubt.

I love my note 4. There's no doubt about that. However.....in the sunlight, even with 100% brightness, I still need to use my opposite hand to create a shadow so that I can see whatever is on the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Some new info came out.

What seems to be a Verizon-branded Note 7 went through AnTuTu and, well, some parts were expected, but there were some oddities.

Look like an SD820 might be in tow and Marshmallow 6.0.1 might be the OS it's shipping with, along with 64GB of internal storage.

Here's the oddities. There's a 13MP rear camera at the back. Until this point, we were expecting a 12MP shooter carried over from the S7. Is this a different sensor? Has Samsung slightly upped camera resolution without sacrificing low-light performance and camera speed? Another thing is 4GB of memory. We were kinda expecting 6GB, so this is a little odd. Not like 4GB is low or anything, since it's still plenty for daily use and then some. Just something different from the flurry of leaks.

As always, take this with a grain of salt until the device is official.

Attachments

• 18666.jpg
    18666.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 76

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Some new info came out.

What seems to be a Verizon-branded Note 7 went through AnTuTu and, well, some parts were expected, but there were some oddities.

Look like an SD820 might be in tow and Marshmallow 6.0.1 might be the OS it's shipping with, along with 64GB of internal storage.

Here's the oddities. There's a 13MP rear camera at the back. Until this point, we were expecting a 12MP shooter carried over from the S7. Is this a different sensor? Has Samsung slightly upped camera resolution without sacrificing low-light performance and camera speed? Another thing is 4GB of memory. We were kinda expecting 6GB, so this is a little odd. Not like 4GB is low or anything, since it's still plenty for daily use and then some. Just something different from the flurry of leaks.

As always, take this with a grain of salt until the device is official.

A lot of the leaks/rumors are not from Samsung, so I would not take them as fact. I will wait for the official reveal from Samsung for the true specs of the phone.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
A lot of the leaks/rumors are not from Samsung, so I would not take them as fact. I will wait for the official reveal from Samsung for the true specs of the phone.
Hence, why I always say to take whatever rumors I share with a grain of salt. ;)

They're not official until August 2nd, so don't take them too seriously.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
What processor will the Note 7 receive here in the US?

Snapdragon 820 or 823?

Will all carriers receive the same processor here in the US?