The Note 7 Specs Detailed

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: What processor will the Note 7 receive here in the US?

Based on the reports if true then I would be wasting my money going to the Note 7 since I just bought the S7 back in March and I don't use the Spen a lot.
I think it would be a waste of money also. Ive always thought the Note series of phones were in a category by themselves. Some so close in deciding between the Note and a regular phone.
If the S Pen is not going to be used, buy the one without. Some of us buy the Note because we need a Note.
I realize the Note has a few more features, but if I didnt need the S Pen all the time, I would gladly carry around a smaller and lighter phone.

Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 Detailed

I would prefer better optimization if they can do it right. The problem with leaks and rumors is that people start making things up which brings fans hopes up. We all begin sharing what we WANT in the Note 7 and somewhere along the line of opinion, leaks begin. And then we get forum titles like ”I heard the Note 7 was coming out with 10gb of ram. true???”
It's all too easy to get sucked into the trap of overly high expectations due to unofficial leaks. Which is why I usually say "take this with a grain of salt". It's not official and nothing is until the manufacturer reveals the device officially.

If you have overly high expectations, you will be disappointed in the final product. One of the better examples I've known was the disappointment of the HTC One M9, especially due to the leaked render posted by Evan Blass.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I don't see upgrading if only 4 gb 3600 mAh battery. The 6gb was the feature that really impressed me.

Sounds like they just added sd card to note 5 along with more delicate front screen

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

This Phone is supposed to be the iPhone 7 Pro Killer. I can't see them releasing just a slightly better Note 5. If this is the case then I should just stick with my Note 4 another year.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This Phone is supposed to be the iPhone 7 Pro Killer. I can't see them releasing just a slightly better Note 5. If this is the case then I should just stick with my Note 4 another year.
Apple isn't really bringing out the big guns until 2017, though.

So getting attention over the iPhone 7 shouldn't be that hard for a company like Samsung.

R.I.P GPe program

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Yup. Maybe the jump to 6gb comes in the next model.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Samsung doesn't want you to stick with your current phone. They saw sales skyrocket for the S7. Why would they do this on the cheap and sabotage their record sales for the year. IMO, I wouldn't expect anything less than SD 821 and 6 GB RAM. The rumors that come out from benchmarks irritate me. People take some information and run with it. Articles are created to cast doubt and in the last line of the article it says to take this information with a grain of salt. How useful is this. I realize most of these articles are just click bait and I click on them just to see what's being said. I see this and form my own opinions. I am sure the Note 7 will be just as good as everyone is imagining it to be. Samsung probably has a couple of secrets no one has uncovered yet as well, software-wise.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Samsung doesn't want you to stick with your current phone. They saw sales skyrocket for the S7. Why would they do this on the cheap and sabotage their record sales for the year. IMO, I wouldn't expect anything less than SD 821 and 6 GB RAM. The rumors that come out from benchmarks irritate me. People take some information and run with it. Articles are created to cast doubt and in the last line of the article it says to take this information with a grain of salt. How useful is this. I realize most of these articles are just click bait and I click on them just to see what's being said. I see this and form my own opinions. I am sure the Note 7 will be just as good as everyone is imagining it to be. Samsung probably has a couple of secrets no one has uncovered yet as well, software-wise.

I'm praying you are right. ;)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My Note 5 runs great. Really really great. Why would I (or anyone) possibly be disappointed in 4GB of RAM , 64 GB storage, and the 820 processor? Is the pessimism just about not having bragging rights on specs? It feels like most people have problems discerning performance form specs. Specs have note been a driver for me in a few years now. It's about the camera, the screen, and the battery for me. performance is plenty good at this point.

As many have said prior to this, it about the optimization of software. For me, I want a bigger battery than my 3000mah Note 5 and even if it's "just" 3600, that is a nice, nice bump. For people looking for just off the charts specs , maybe you will be disappointed. But if you think that it will affect the phones performance more than very slightly (or at all), well I don't see it .

I can't wait for the phone (IP68, bigger battery, etc). Good luck!

YMMV ..

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 runs great. Really really great. Why would I (or anyone) possibly be disappointed in 4GB of RAM , 64 GB storage, and the 820 processor? Is the pessimism just about not having bragging rights on specs? It feels like most people have problems discerning performance form specs. Specs have note been a driver for me in a few years now. It's about the camera, the screen, and the battery for me. performance is plenty good at this point.

As many have said prior to this, it about the optimization of software. For me, I want a bigger battery than my 3000mah Note 5 and even if it's "just" 3600, that is a nice, nice bump. For people looking for just off the charts specs , maybe you will be disappointed. But if you think that it will affect the phones performance more than very slightly (or at all), well I don't see it .

I can't wait for the phone (IP68, bigger battery, etc). Good luck!

YMMV ..

It's not about bragging rights, it's about paying a premium price for a device that is barely an upgrade from its predecessors. An SD card slot, larger battery and silly curved screen. Is it really worth that much more than a Note 4 or 5? In value, to me it's not worth it but it could be worth it to you. Different strokes for different folks.

Posted via the Android Central App

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's not about bragging rights, it's about paying a premium price for a device that is barely an upgrade from its predecessors. An SD card slot, larger battery and silly curved screen. Is it really worth that much more than a Note 4 or 5? In value, to me it's not worth it but it could be worth it to you. Different strokes for different folks.

Not much of an upgrade from what? A phone less than a year old? Maybe the problem isn't Samsung, but with people never satisfied with their device.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I hate to break it to you, but bar a few exceptions, many new phones haven't improved much from their predecessors.

Sure, a better screen, better internals, better camera, etc. But these days, we all expect those and frankly, there isn't much that's exciting minus modular design, which is still decidedly first gen now.

To be frank, a larger battery and return of expandable storage is already enough to make me interested. If course, I'd like the very latest flagship processor like an 821 and the 8893 and 6GB of RAM, but I wouldn't be super-disappointed to see an 820 and 4GB of RAM. (8893 is likely, though). Because even with those, the phone will still be more than powerful enough for my usage, though I understand why some people might be bummed, especially for the premium over the S7e. Though maybe we should all lean away from the specs game a bit and perhaps focus on the one aspect that seriously need improvement. Software.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Not much of an upgrade from what? A phone less than a year old? Maybe the problem isn't Samsung, but with people never satisfied with their device.

Are you willing to shell out a $200 difference for a minor upgrade

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you willing to shell out a $200 difference for a minor upgrade

"Minor" is relative for sure. People's requirements are different. I have a pool. I go to the beach a lot. A "minor" upgrade adding IP68 is quite important to me. Maybe not to you, which is totally fine.

My point is simply this: Having the imaginary 830 processor, or 6GB of RAM would almost definitely NOT be a major upgrade in any real day-to-day use of the phone at this point IMO. Many here seem to be seeking those higher specs , implying that would qualify as some MAJOR upgrade. The lowest specs rumored for the Note 7 should be plenty impressive in day to day use of the phone, unless Samsung regresses in their software (which has been known to happen, just not recently).

I can understand not being able to justify upgrading from a GS7 Edge or a Note 5. These are expensive phones. Their value is determined by what is important to each customer.

For me as a Note 5 user, the improvements I get with a Note 7 are IP68, a bigger battery, improved camera, adding the SD slot back, and probably a nicer screen (Samsung always manages to improve). This seems very attractive to me - even as a Note 5 user.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
"Minor" is relative for sure. People's requirements are different. I have a pool. I go to the beach a lot. A "minor" upgrade adding IP68 is quite important to me. Maybe not to you, which is totally fine.

My point is simply this: Having the imaginary 830 processor, or 6GB of RAM would almost definitely NOT be a major upgrade in any real day-to-day use of the phone at this point IMO. Many here seem to be seeking those higher specs , implying that would qualify as some MAJOR upgrade. The lowest specs rumored for the Note 7 should be plenty impressive in day to day use of the phone, unless Samsung regresses in their software (which has been known to happen, just not recently).

I can understand not being able to justify upgrading from a GS7 Edge or a Note 5. These are expensive phones. Their value is determined by what is important to each customer.

For me as a Note 5 user, the improvements I get with a Note 7 are IP68, a bigger battery, improved camera, adding the SD slot back, and probably a nicer screen (Samsung always manages to improve). This seems very attractive to me - even as a Note 5 user.

Nice post :).

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Nailed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool