The Note 7 Specs Detailed

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will You Fork Over the Cash?

How much will the 2 year price be? I have an upgrade but not until 10/20/2016 and don't want to wait that long.

If you do the payment plan with Verizon can it be paid off early?

Not sure quite yet about the 2 year pricing. I'm with Sprint. And yes, you should be able to pay off your verizon phones by calling in and doing so.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I'd wait until the august 2. Don't believe everything you read on rumor sites.

They'll do anything to get page clicks and to get people all riled up.

Posted via the Android Central App

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Or by website -- but only in full.
Nice! I know Sprint will let you pay any amount. Verizon sucks for that one lol.

PS, I'm using my old CB account to post here. You know why none of the apps won't let me log in? I'm stuck using my browser to post. Thanks agead of time.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I seriously doubt the Verizon version will be watered down. Samsung has long since stopped offering differences in the variants of flagship phones. More than likely it's just click bait.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I seriously doubt the Verizon version will be watered down. Samsung has long since stopped offering differences in the variants of flagship phones. More than likely it's just click bait.

I think they meant certain things disabled (such as Verizon usually disables FM radio if one is there).

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't pay too much attention to early unofficial Geekbench results.

There's always the possibility that the device could just be one with a modded build.prop file to fool people into thinking it's a particular device.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

But the Actives & Sports are variants that are still offered...
Yes, and they have different model numbers. They're different devices.
AT&T Galaxy S7 active-SM-G891AZAAATT
AT&T Galaxy S7 edge-SM-G935AZDAATT
Verizon Galaxy S7 edge-SM-G935VZDAVZW
Verizon Galaxy S7--SM-G930VZKAVZW

As you can see, different variants have different model numbers. Whereas the different carrier models of the same variant have just letters changed. So my point is, the actual flagship device itself has identifical specs.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

If I like the specs and lives up to most rumors, yes I will buy outright on att.

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

the evolution of cellphone technology simply advances rapidly making that "beast" you bought for a grand obsolete a year later. I can't convince myself the cost is justified.

Posted via the Android Central App
Btw, I'm 53 and probably older than 99.999999999% of people on here ;)

But anyway, who says a phone is obsolete after a year? Many people use older phones and they do all the basics just fine. They might choke on the newest games, but for most things, an older phone is just fine. My Nexus 5 is almost 3 years old and it still flies really fast and does everything I throw at it.

I'm getting the next Nexus, but not until next year when I can get it half price or so.

I can't believe some people are saying that the next <insert phone of your choice> will "only" have 4gb ram because another phone has more. Good lord people, it's a mobile device, not a high end PC. People are getting caught up in numbers too much. For now and the foreseeable future, 3-4gb ram is plenty.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sold on the idea of 7GB. To follow PC building, you would need a 4GB and a 3GB RAM modules. At that point, why not go for 2 4GB and have 8 GB total RAM.

Something else to consider is this: Android likes having RAM full. to reiterate the phrase, 'Empty RAM is waster RAM' so having it in excess seems counter intuitive.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

7GB is basically just not happening. Bad rumor. Different carriers having different specs is possible but I don't think it's likely. But even if that happened, there's an important thing to remember. There are zero phones on the market that are actually utilizing 6GB of RAM. Android Marshmallow and Nougat can both run beautifully on 2GB of RAM, so 4 should be more than enough - and if it's not, then something is wrong on the OEM implementation of memory management, not the OEM's choice of specs.