The Note 7 Specs Detailed

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will You Fork Over the Cash?

7GB is basically just not happening. Bad rumor. Different carriers having different specs is possible but I don't think it's likely. But even if that happened, there's an important thing to remember. There are zero phones on the market that are actually utilizing 6GB of RAM. Android Marshmallow and Nougat can both run beautifully on 2GB of RAM, so 4 should be more than enough - and if it's not, then something is wrong on the OEM implementation of memory management, not the OEM's choice of specs.
Here's the thing.

While having more memory would be nice, especially on the spec sheet, the value of having more is really only seen when you're actively using that extra memory on a regular basis. If there's no phone actually utilizing all 6GB of memory to its full potential, then it's basically a selling point without any significant improvement in real-world user experience whatsoever until an OEM manages to make a phone that takes full and complete advantage of all 6GB of memory.

While a Note7 with 6GB of memory would be nice, 4GB is still more than plenty for many usage patterns. In fact, if a Note7 with 4GB of memory is real, it could mean that Samsung is focusing on optimizing their software to improve RAM management and utilization instead of just tossing more RAM to alleviate the issue. IMO, this is a better way to improve memory utilization as it means you are actively working to improve how your software consumes and manages memory so that it takes full advantage of whatever memory is available. The Exynos S7 (at least) has far better memory management than its predecessor, so it would only make sense that they would continue optimizing their software for the Note7.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My second issue is the price. Choose whichever website you wish, and costs are north of £900 / $1000. What would really send me off of the deep end is if Verizon sold its variant (watered down) for the same price as the other big three carriers. Also, I'm trying to maintain a rational train of thought and really put the cost into prospective.

I have a Samsung laptop with an i5 processor, a 1 terabyte hard drive, and 8 GB RAM. The cost was about $600. During a recent visit to Best Buy I noticed that there are laptops with an i7 processor for sale under a grand.

To be honest .. usually Verizon is the least when it comes to $$.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

To be honest .. usually Verizon is the least when it comes to $$.
As it should be because it looks the worst with that ugly Verizon brand and all the brilliant software modifications Verizon does to make the phone blazing fast.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 Detailed

Wow if the Note 7 is near or above $1k then i may have to really reconsider getting it !?!? Thats a lot of cash and may not be worth the upgrade from my S6 Edge+ for now.

Then again i havent gotten any new toys this year so i still may go ahead and spoil myself haaaaa !?!?!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Wow if the Note 7 is near or above $1k then i may have to really reconsider getting it !?!? Thats a lot of cash and may not be worth the upgrade from my S6 Edge+ for now.

Then again i havent gotten any new toys this year so i still may go ahead and spoil myself haaaaa !?!?!

That would be dumb of them charging that much and sales would not be that good. Heck people might as well buy an Iphone 7 Plus then.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

That would be dumb of them charging that much and sales would not be that good. Heck people might as well buy an Iphone 7 Plus then.
I doubt the Note7 would cost over $1000.

Should be around $849 or slightly more.

Posted via the Android Central App

the game 161

Banned
Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Instead of the 4,000 mAh we were all expecting, it appears the Note 7 will bring with it a 3600 mAh battery. I'm thoroughly disappointed. The Note 7 will be a beast in all categories except battery life. With the screen resolution and "always on" feature deserve a 4,000+ mAh battery.

Note rumours have said 4,000 than 3600

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Will see, hard to see it having same battery as S7 edge
It's still an upgrade over the Note5, however.

Not only in battery capacity but also in efficiency. I presume the display is made to be slightly more efficient along with processors that sip less power and optimized software.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see Verizon keep their name off the back of the Note 7. :'( Let's hope big red does not put thier logo on the home button like they did to the Note 2. :p

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully they don't goof up with the Spen design like the early versions of the Note 5 if you put the Spen in backwards and tried yanking it out you broke the sensors. Although there is a paper trick to free it if that happens. The later versions I heard fixed the issue.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

One thing to also consider in canada is that all the carriers keep increasing plan rates I would have to break my 2 year deal on my LG G4 by about 11 months.

But I was going to wait until someone has a gift card offer on a Note 7 and renew contract then. I was okay with laying out the penalty as I would consider the gift cards as covering that.

BUT I would have to spend about $15 more per month than the plan I signed up for just 13 months ago!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463