The Note 7 Specs Detailed

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Take whatever you see here with a grain of salt.

They're from unofficial sources and some are likely untrue. Nothing except the name is official.

The rest will come on August 2nd, so please be patient. ;)

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been tracking Note 7 reports a little less frequently over the past few weeks. But, as of this AM, I am seeing that the proc is expected to be the SD821. The SD820 was recently thought to be pretty much confirmed, or so I thought.

Anyone else see news on this?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
So amaturish question here... If I have all the accessories for USB Quick charge for my G4....can I use any of it for USB-C? I know the shape is different but can I use the bricks or the car charger Aukey quick charge part for example? I assume not... but thought I would check...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So amaturish question here... If I have all the accessories for USB Quick charge for my G4....can I use any of it for USB-C? I know the shape is different but can I use the bricks or the car charger Aukey quick charge part for example? I assume not... but thought I would check...

Yes, there are many Type A to C cables that can work for that. So the brick and car port side would still be USB type A and Type C on the other end. But they won't function necessarily as QuickCharge unless Samsung's new adaptive fast charging is still compatible with either QC 2.0 or 3.0. So you might just get normal charging speeds, depending on how they implemented it. Remember to be careful to read reviews when buying USB C cables to make sure you're not buying a hunk of junk.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 preliminary specs review!

note-7-specs-h1.jpg

Samsung
Galaxy Note 7
Platform
Android with TouchWiz Grace UX
Display 5.7-inch Super AMOLED 1440 x 2560-pixel resolution
SoC Snapdragon 821 in the United States
Samsung Exynos 8893 in other markets
RAM 6 GB
Storage 64 GB expandable via microSD cards
Camera 12-megapixel f/1.7 with Dual Pixel AF
5-megapixel front cam
Battery 3,600 mAh
Extra features Iris scanner, IP68 water protection

Source

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 preliminary specs review!

Samsung
Galaxy Note 7
Platform
RAM 6 GB
5-megapixel front cam
Battery 3,600 mAh

Source

People are definitely hoping for the 821/6GB - but phone arena once again doesn't have a source, this is just a rumor roundup :(

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to trim down my expectations to the Note7 having 4GB of LPDDR4 and maybe a 3600mAh battery.

I know some will be disappointed, but the latter is still a healthy upgrade over the Note5. Plus, with potentially improved software, utilization of memory could even be better.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there are many Type A to C cables that can work for that. So the brick and car port side would still be USB type A and Type C on the other end. But they won't function necessarily as QuickCharge unless Samsung's new adaptive fast charging is still compatible with either QC 2.0 or 3.0. So you might just get normal charging speeds, depending on how they implemented it. Remember be careful to read reviews when buying USB C cables to make sure you're not buying a hunk of junk.

Thanks. My Aukey brick and Aukey car adapter are QC2. So was wondering if I need to buy all new stuff. Sounds like I might to get QC3.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. My Aukey brick and Aukey car adapter are QC2. So was wondering if I need to buy all new stuff. Sounds like I might to get QC3.

QC 3.0 devices are backwards compatible with 2.0 chargers. They actually charge at the same speeds too, the difference is power efficiency.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 preliminary specs review!

Samsung
Galaxy Note 7
Platform
RAM 6 GB
5-megapixel front cam
Battery 3,600 mAh

Source

More ram but same battery as the S7 Edge, may not be a good thing.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems like 4GB of memory could likely be making the cut.

Some might be disappointed and while I would have loved 6GB, 4GB is way more than plenty for me.

It might seem that Samsung is going for software optimization instead of just throwing more memory, a move that I strongly approve with open arms.

Attachments

• 19738.jpg
    19738.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 Detailed

Seems like 4GB of memory could likely be making the cut.

Some might be disappointed and while I would have loved 6GB, 4GB is way more then plenty for me.

It might seem that Samsung is going for software optimization instead of just throwing more memory, a move that I strongly approve with open arms.

Looks like the flat "lite" version. The edge version might have 6gb but unless it has bigger battery, it might as well be 4.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 Detailed

Looks like the flat "lite" version. The edge version might have 6gb but unless it has bigger battery, it might as well be 4.
Possibly, but I'm just keeping my expectations fairly low to avoid being overly let down.