The Note 7 Specs Detailed

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 Detailed

That blue, though..... yuck! They should have used the bright blue that was used on the s6s that never came to the US! This may be the first black device I purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

That blue, though..... yuck! They should have used the bright blue that was used on the s6s that never came to the US! This may be the first black device I purchase.

Well the current leaks only show blue, gold and silver. It'll be disappointing if there is no black version.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

You know what I think?

Black Onyx
Silver Titanium
Gold Platinum
Blue Coral
Yeah agree was just mentioning that it was interesting that black was left out in recent leaks but yeah it should be present.
Also varies from carrier to carrier, I doubt all colors will be available in US.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Yeah agree was just mentioning that it was interesting that black was left out in recent leaks but yeah it should be present.
Also varies from carrier to carrier, I doubt all colors will be available in US.

And since it's all rumors we can't be sure of anything. But I don't think all colors will be available at launch day as it never has happened.

Posted via the *Note 5*

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

And since it's all rumors we can't be sure of anything. But I don't think all colors will be available at launch day as it never has happened.

Posted via the *Note 5*
We all have less than a week and a half to go until Aug 2nd

All these rumors and speculation will soon go away and either excitement or complaints will fill these threads instead !?!?!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
We all have less than a week and a half to go until Aug 2nd

All these rumors and speculation will soon go away and either excitement or complaints will fill these threads instead !?!?!
I'm betting half-excitement for the return of microSD and potentially water-resistance and new color options.

And half-complaints if it is Edge-only and if the battery does turn out to be 3500mAh. Not a tiny battery by any means and should last just as long as an S7 edge, if not longer, but some people just can't stomach the feeling that a Note actually has a battery that isn't immediately dominating the S-line device. Still, it's a healthy 500mAh improvement over the Note5. Can't complain about that.

Last edited:

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

You know what I think?

Black Onyx
Silver Titanium
Gold Platinum
Blue Coral
I can almost guarantee that the Blue Coral will not be available in the U.S. If it is it will be most likely be on AT&T. They seem to get all the best color options. I'm on T-Mobile and I'm sure they will only have Black, Gold and maybe Silver. They ditched the silver option on the regular S7 while AT&T has the silver as well. But time will tell.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of posting this as a new thread, but since there's only a few stuff that's new, with the rest being what we know already, I thought I would update this one instead.

According to a Reddit thread, a guy who has apparently leaked the specs of the S7 line has leaked the ones for the Note7. In a nutshell, it's basically a larger S7e with a pen, like what a lot of us were expecting. Want some details? Here you go.

Processor: Exynos 8890/Snapdragon 820, depending on the region
Memory: 4GB of LPDDR4
Storage: 64GB of UFS 2.1 storage, expandable via card slot
Display: 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display, slightly curved along the sides, less so than the S7 (Gorilla Glass 5 being possible, though the OP stated GG4. Another leaker said that it had GG5. Take this one with a grain of salt, along with a lot listed here)
OS: Android 6.0.1 "Marshmallow" + TouchWiz with the Grace UX
S Pen: New features like being able to translate a word by hovering over it
Camera: Same setup as on the S7. 12MP f/1.7 Dual-Pixel main shooter + 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera. New dynamic slow-no feature that apparently allows you to slow down specific objects in the frame.
Battery: 3500mAh sealed unit, USB-C charging port with adaptor in the box
Iris Scanner: Apparently extremely quick and can be used alongside a fingerprint unlock. IR light turns off after 9 seconds to prevent eye damage.
Water-resistance: It's there. You can also write using the S Pen underwater. Not sure why you'd do that but it's there.
Color options: Blue is the showcase color. Sliver and Black will be standard offerings. Gold is probably reserved for the global variant.
Availability: Pre-orders may begin on August 3rd. Available to all on the 19th of the same month.

Oh, there's also a new Gear VR and it seems that the aluminum chassis has also been upgraded, utilizing a Series 8000 aluminum alloy.

Again, take these with a grain of salt, but here's the full Reddit thread if you're curious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4v27xq/detailed_information_on_samsung_note_7_ama/

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking of posting this as a new thread, but since there's only a few stuff that's new, with the rest being what we know already, I thought I would update this one instead.

According to a Reddit thread, a guy who has apparently leaked the specs of the S7 line has leaked the ones for the Note7. In a nutshell, it's basically a larger S7e with a pen, like what a lot of us were expecting. Want some details? Here you go.

Processor: Exynos 8890/Snapdragon 820, depending on the region
Memory: 4GB of LPDDR4
Storage: 64GB of UFS 2.1 storage, expandable via card slot
Display: 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display, slightly curved along the sides, less so than the S7 (Gorilla Glass 5 being possible, though the OP stated GG4. Another leaker said that it had GG5. Take this one with a grain of salt, along with a lot listed here)
OS: Android 6.0.1 "Marshmallow" + TouchWiz with the Grace UX
S Pen: New features like being able to translate a word by hovering over it
Camera: Same setup as on the S7. 12MP f/1.7 Dual-Pixel main shooter + 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera. New dynamic slow-no feature that apparently allows you to slow down specific objects in the frame.
Battery: 3500mAh sealed unit, USB-C charging port with adaptor in the box
Iris Scanner: Apparently extremely quick and can be used alongside a fingerprint unlock. IR light turns off after 9 seconds to prevent eye damage.
Water-resistance: It's there. You can also write using the S Pen underwater. Not sure why you'd do that but it's there.
Color options: Blue is the showcase color. Sliver and Black will be standard offerings. Gold is probably reserved for the global variant.
Availability: Pre-orders may begin on August 3rd. Available to all on the 19th of the same month.

Oh, there's also a new Gear VR and it seems that the aluminum chassis has also been upgraded, utilizing a Series 8000 aluminum alloy.

Again, take these with a grain of salt, but here's the full Reddit thread if you're curious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4v27xq/detailed_information_on_samsung_note_7_ama/

So basically if I can live without the Spen, it might be better to get an S7 Edge especially if the price is really high? Also the Note 7 will it function similar to the Edge with the edge features on the side?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So basically if I can live without the Spen, it might be better to get an S7 Edge especially if the price is really high? Also the Note 7 will it function similar to the Edge with the edge features on the side?
Well, there might be expanded functionality with the Note, as there's the S Pen.

However, you have to decide if that's worth it to you. If not, then the S7 edge might be better for you. But, if you like the S Pen and want all the new stuff, then maybe the Note7 might do well.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I actually think the S7E was a calculated precursor to the Note 7. When the popularity of that device took off, it was clear the Note series needed to follow a similar path, with an S-Pen and function of course.

People are going to call this Note an S7E with an S-Pen. Well, the S7E is almost a Note device WITHOUT the S-Pen.

If both were being announced at the same time, no one would question that.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I actually think the S7E was a calculated precursor to the Note 7. When the popularity of that device took off, it was clear the Note series needed to follow a similar path, with an S-Pen and function of course.

People are going to call this Note an S7E with an S-Pen. Well, the S7E is almost a Note device WITHOUT the S-Pen.

If both were being announced at the same time, no one would question that.

I think what's going to differentiate the 2 this time is software.