07-31-2016 06:34 PM
103 1234 ...
tools
    I've read a few reports on S7 sales, and it looks like the Edge is the volume seller.

It makes sense on a marketing and sales standpoint to go with the one that is proving popular with most buyers, although that also has the risk of alienating the other part of the pie who chose the flat screen due to other reasons.
    Samsung is always going to alienate someone. I agree maybe they should have left the Note flat. But personally if I were buying a Note, I would want the Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Demo Kit likes this.
    07-02-2016 01:07 PM
    Samsung is always going to alienated someone. I agree maybe they should have left the Note flat. But personally if I were buying a Note, I would want the Edge.

Same. The Edge is what I would go for, but I still think a lower-volume flat screen model could be made to appease the other side. Oh well, Samsung knows a whole lot more than me about their market and sales figures.

Who knows? Maybe the curved edges aren't as pronounced on the Note 7 compared to the S7 edge. We'll only know on August 2nd.

Mmmmm, Android Smores....
    07-02-2016 01:12 PM
    I LOOOVVEE the Silver one as it's my favorite color.
    I got sick of the Silver (Chrome) edge after several weeks and changed to black. The silver is cool but gets old very fast.
    07-02-2016 01:20 PM
    Same. The Edge is what I would go for, but I still think a lower-volume flat screen model could be made to appease the other side. Oh well, Samsung knows a whole lot more than me about their market and sales figures.

Who knows? Maybe the curved edges aren't as pronounced on the Note 7 compared to the S7 edge. We'll only know on August 2nd.

Mmmmm, Android Smores....
    Hopefully they've also built a sturdier edge glass for the Note crowd.

Demo Kit likes this.
    07-02-2016 02:39 PM
    They only made a mistake if the phone doesn't sell. Edge devices are selling very well.

Is it selling well because of the edge? I bought the edge due to its bigger size and battery, otherwise I'd probably have gotten the S7. I guess we'll find out eventually if it's a mistake on Samsung's part.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    07-02-2016 03:06 PM
    using the Spen, and for the ease that it gives you with the phone, if you are an artist or serious user, then the potential is unlimited... I just wish i was more left brained than I was right brained... lol
    spock123 likes this.
    07-02-2016 03:52 PM
    Hopefully they've also built a sturdier edge glass for the Note crowd.

have you had issues where your s7 edge or s6 edge, or even note edge glass?
    07-02-2016 03:54 PM
    have you had issues where your s7 edge or s6 edge, or even note edge glass?
    I haven't, no. But I've owned two Edge devices in a row. I know how to take care of them.

07-02-2016 04:58 PM
    Hopefully Blue Coral will be available in the US, particularly on Verizon. If not, I guess I'll go for silver.
    07-02-2016 07:26 PM
    No notification light on the front, mind as well just get the iPhone 7.

I was afraid of them doing away with the notification light in favor of another useless gimmick. Let's hope not.
    who says there is no led notification on the front. they are render leaks not official. and if they bare there you it is under the color and you cant really see it.
    Jhett and Huggie87 like this.
    07-02-2016 08:34 PM
    I got sick of the Silver (Chrome) edge after several weeks and changed to black. The silver is cool but gets old very fast.
    I used a black S4 and black Note 3...it just felt and looked cheap. The white really stood out and I am so glad I jumped at the chance to get the white Note 5. I can't ever get tired of Silver as I wear only sterling silver jewelry.
    07-02-2016 09:44 PM
    Is it selling well because of the edge? I bought the edge due to its bigger size and battery, otherwise I'd probably have gotten the S7. I guess we'll find out eventually if it's a mistake on Samsung's part.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    When I had the S7 Edge I only chose that over the regular S7 because of the battery. If the regular S7 had the same size battery as the edge then I would have not chosen the edge.
    07-02-2016 09:53 PM
    Why would you get rid of the notification light? Do they have to pinch pennies that bad? Why not just leave it on the phone? Most phones have them. What advantage does it give Samsung by not putting the light on it?
    07-02-2016 10:00 PM
    Why would you get rid of the notification light? Do they have to pinch pennies that bad? Why not just leave it on the phone? Most phones have them. What advantage does it give Samsung by not putting the light on it?
    They have always on display which shows notifications.
    jkulmtd likes this.
    07-02-2016 10:59 PM
    They have always on display which shows notifications.
    Marshmallow for Note 5 with AT&T doesn't. That's been taken out.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-02-2016 11:16 PM
    S7 edge+ with a pen?

Please not!
    07-03-2016 05:02 AM
    What don't some of you guys understand? Samsung has alway test new stuff on the S Series before putting it on the Note!
    mcm180 and msndrstood like this.
    07-03-2016 05:58 AM
    No notification light on the front, mind as well just get the iPhone 7.

I was afraid of them doing away with the notification light in favor of another useless gimmick. Let's hope not.
    If the renders are accurate, that would be a big loss. Agree that without notification light, that an iPhone would be a viable option. The entire screen is essentially the notification light for iPhones (not counting the rear camera flash option). iOS 10 features look compelling.
    07-03-2016 07:55 AM
    I was wondering about that, I think I'll stick with the black although silver did catch my eye, but I can see myself tiring of the choice.
    07-03-2016 08:14 AM
    HOLY CRAP!!!! THE BLACK IS ACTUALLY BLACK!!!! Who would have thought of such a great idea as to take a phone that is intended to be black and make it black. It's not black with a shade of green on top, or a hint of deep blue, or even purple as once before, it is ... ... ... BLACK... racists. Sorry, every time i use the word black I think someone somewhere is going to call me a racist, we're too touchy in this world!
    07-03-2016 10:50 AM
    HOLY CRAP!!!! THE BLACK IS ACTUALLY BLACK!!!! Who would have thought of such a great idea as to take a phone that is intended to be black and make it black. It's not black with a shade of green on top, or a hint of deep blue, or even purple as once before, it is ... ... ... BLACK... racists. Sorry, every time i use the word black I think someone somewhere is going to call me a racist, we're too touchy in this world!
    Same black as the S7 and S7 Edge.
    07-03-2016 11:36 AM
    beautiful device
    07-03-2016 06:41 PM
    I've read a few reports on S7 sales, and it looks like the Edge is the volume seller.

It makes sense on a marketing and sales standpoint to go with the one that is proving popular with most buyers, although that also has the risk of alienating the other part of the pie who chose the flat screen due to other reasons.
    Which is odd to me because I've never personally seen one out in the wild. Whereas both of my parents upgraded to the regular S7, as did four of my friends. And myself. I've literally never seen an S7 Edge outside of the store.
    07-04-2016 02:53 AM
    Which is odd to me because I've never personally seen one out in the wild. Whereas both of my parents upgraded to the regular S7, as did four of my friends. And myself. I've literally never seen an S7 Edge outside of the store.
    Me too, I've seen one edge model and a bunch of regulars.
    07-04-2016 05:19 AM
    I'm the opposite. I see so many Edge devices everyday. Let's just say I work in a large public venue and I see lots of phones everyday. I see lots of broken IPhone screens and a bunch of Samsungs, especially Edges. No Nexus phones at all though lol

07-04-2016 07:01 AM
103 1234 ...