Note 7 renders leak out

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
LOL its not confusing. Unless they have problems with their eyes, they can see the difference. When they try an spen with an edged phone, they will tell the difference.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Maybe not for you. Most people aren't phone nerds.

Posted via the Android Central App

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think they made a big mistake by having only an edge version. I have the S7 edge and love it, but the edge features I don't even use. They look cool, but they are style over function IMO.

Note owners, for the most part, want function over form. They should, at least, make a non-edge version to give people options.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

They only made a mistake if the phone doesn't sell. Edge devices are selling very well.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
They only made a mistake if the phone doesn't sell. Edge devices are selling very well.

I've read a few reports on S7 sales, and it looks like the Edge is the volume seller.

It makes sense on a marketing and sales standpoint to go with the one that is proving popular with most buyers, although that also has the risk of alienating the other part of the pie who chose the flat screen due to other reasons.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've read a few reports on S7 sales, and it looks like the Edge is the volume seller.

It makes sense on a marketing and sales standpoint to go with the one that is proving popular with most buyers, although that also has the risk of alienating the other part of the pie who chose the flat screen due to other reasons.

Samsung is always going to alienate someone. I agree maybe they should have left the Note flat. But personally if I were buying a Note, I would want the Edge.

Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is always going to alienated someone. I agree maybe they should have left the Note flat. But personally if I were buying a Note, I would want the Edge.

Same. The Edge is what I would go for, but I still think a lower-volume flat screen model could be made to appease the other side. Oh well, Samsung knows a whole lot more than me about their market and sales figures.

Who knows? Maybe the curved edges aren't as pronounced on the Note 7 compared to the S7 edge. We'll only know on August 2nd.

Mmmmm, Android Smores....

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Same. The Edge is what I would go for, but I still think a lower-volume flat screen model could be made to appease the other side. Oh well, Samsung knows a whole lot more than me about their market and sales figures.

Who knows? Maybe the curved edges aren't as pronounced on the Note 7 compared to the S7 edge. We'll only know on August 2nd.

Mmmmm, Android Smores....

Hopefully they've also built a sturdier edge glass for the Note crowd.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Is it selling well because of the edge? I bought the edge due to its bigger size and battery, otherwise I'd probably have gotten the S7. I guess we'll find out eventually if it's a mistake on Samsung's part.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
using the Spen, and for the ease that it gives you with the phone, if you are an artist or serious user, then the potential is unlimited... I just wish i was more left brained than I was right brained... lol

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
No notification light on the front, mind as well just get the iPhone 7. :-\

I was afraid of them doing away with the notification light in favor of another useless gimmick. Let's hope not.

who says there is no led notification on the front. they are render leaks not official. and if they bare there you it is under the color and you cant really see it.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I got sick of the Silver (Chrome) edge after several weeks and changed to black. The silver is cool but gets old very fast.

I used a black S4 and black Note 3...it just felt and looked cheap. The white really stood out and I am so glad I jumped at the chance to get the white Note 5. I can't ever get tired of Silver as I wear only sterling silver jewelry.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it selling well because of the edge? I bought the edge due to its bigger size and battery, otherwise I'd probably have gotten the S7. I guess we'll find out eventually if it's a mistake on Samsung's part.

When I had the S7 Edge I only chose that over the regular S7 because of the battery. If the regular S7 had the same size battery as the edge then I would have not chosen the edge.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Why would you get rid of the notification light? Do they have to pinch pennies that bad? Why not just leave it on the phone? Most phones have them. What advantage does it give Samsung by not putting the light on it?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why would you get rid of the notification light? Do they have to pinch pennies that bad? Why not just leave it on the phone? Most phones have them. What advantage does it give Samsung by not putting the light on it?
They have always on display which shows notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech