Note 7 renders leak out

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What don't some of you guys understand? Samsung has alway test new stuff on the S Series before putting it on the Note!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No notification light on the front, mind as well just get the iPhone 7. :-\

I was afraid of them doing away with the notification light in favor of another useless gimmick. Let's hope not.

If the renders are accurate, that would be a big loss. Agree that without notification light, that an iPhone would be a viable option. The entire screen is essentially the notification light for iPhones (not counting the rear camera flash option). iOS 10 features look compelling.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I got sick of the Silver (Chrome) edge after several weeks and changed to black. The silver is cool but gets old very fast.

I was wondering about that, I think I'll stick with the black although silver did catch my eye, but I can see myself tiring of the choice.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!!!! THE BLACK IS ACTUALLY BLACK!!!! Who would have thought of such a great idea as to take a phone that is intended to be black and make it black. It's not black with a shade of green on top, or a hint of deep blue, or even purple as once before, it is ... ... ... BLACK... racists. Sorry, every time i use the word black I think someone somewhere is going to call me a racist, we're too touchy in this world!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!!!! THE BLACK IS ACTUALLY BLACK!!!! Who would have thought of such a great idea as to take a phone that is intended to be black and make it black. It's not black with a shade of green on top, or a hint of deep blue, or even purple as once before, it is ... ... ... BLACK... racists. Sorry, every time i use the word black I think someone somewhere is going to call me a racist, we're too touchy in this world!

Same black as the S7 and S7 Edge. :p

whattab

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I've read a few reports on S7 sales, and it looks like the Edge is the volume seller.

It makes sense on a marketing and sales standpoint to go with the one that is proving popular with most buyers, although that also has the risk of alienating the other part of the pie who chose the flat screen due to other reasons.

Which is odd to me because I've never personally seen one out in the wild. Whereas both of my parents upgraded to the regular S7, as did four of my friends. And myself. I've literally never seen an S7 Edge outside of the store.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Which is odd to me because I've never personally seen one out in the wild. Whereas both of my parents upgraded to the regular S7, as did four of my friends. And myself. I've literally never seen an S7 Edge outside of the store.

Me too, I've seen one edge model and a bunch of regulars.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm the opposite. I see so many Edge devices everyday. Let's just say I work in a large public venue and I see lots of phones everyday. I see lots of broken IPhone screens and a bunch of Samsungs, especially Edges. No Nexus phones at all though lol

Posted via the Android Central App

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I just hope Samsung offers the colors right away. In Canada all the carriers for the S7 edge still only offers the black onyx. No point of offering different color variants if you're not going to provide it.

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have never used an "edge" device, but my useage of the Note involves standing, gripping the phone, and taking notes with the stylus.
Now, does making contact with the edge/glass effect the functioning of the phone while I'm trying to take notes? That would drive me nuts!
Even with my current Note, my hand-chub will sometimes inadvertently make contact with the screen and will cause something to happen. To my thinking, extra glass toward the edge of the phone is NOT a good thing.

Unless, of course, I'm failing to understand how those edges work.

Versed

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Really of the renders hold true doesn't look to bad, right now have the Note 5, I'm more or less happy with it, most of the negitives are it being a carrier phone and having to deal with not only Sammy's bloat the carriers and to some extent Google. If this is sold in the US, like recently unlocked S7's and with no carrier bloat, I just may consider.

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Even with my current Note, my hand-chub will sometimes inadvertently make contact with the screen and will cause something to happen. To my thinking, extra glass toward the edge of the phone is NOT a good thing.

Yep, I'm with you on this. My fingers are not chubby but there have been plenty of times when just holding my note 5 caused something i did not intend.

Note 7 looks nice and "interesting" with its edges, but I don't think it is for ME. Plus I just don't see how i can be writing with a stylus over the part that curves off to the side. Unless I am "not understanding" something, I prefer the normal straight edges. We shall see from official announcement what the real note 7 will look like. who knows maybe the will be a normal version after all. Remember last year there was the same hype about edge only phone?

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I don't have fat hands either...but I definitely don't need a phone that requires even more caution than I currently have to exercise while working.

If the S7 (non edge) could be adapted to act like a Note phone (by simply accepting an accessory stylus), I'd be all over it. Compact, fast, light, proper bezel....and I'd merely need to keep an extra stylus in my pocket.

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Question: Assuming that these are actual renders, how can you tell that they don't have notification lights? I have the Note 4 (and will be upgrading to the 7 soon, I hope) and only see the notification light when I have an active notification. I can't see it, otherwise, as it lights up through the glass and not through a hole. Am I missing something here?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Question: Assuming that these are actual renders, how can you tell that they don't have notification lights? I have the Note 4 (and will be upgrading to the 7 soon, I hope) and only see the notification light when I have an active notification. I can't see it, otherwise, as it lights up through the glass and not through a hole. Am I missing something here?

If we can find the original renders for the Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 4 or Note 5 maybe we can see if the notification light showed up on them. Maybe it does not show up on the renders as it's hidden behind the glass.

OK, it's not showing up on the S7 renders either. This is a good sign. :D

Arya111

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Every one of my friends that have an Edge say they wish they would have gotten the non-edge version.

They say it warps the text and they always accidentally hit it.

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of 'always on' anything. If the notification light isn't there then I'll gladly wait for a dark metallic green Note 7 as a tradeoff.
I have a note 3 and the light was concealed by the face color even back then, so here's hoping common sense prevailed at Samsung and it's still there.