Note 7 renders leak out

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the S7E and it is the only phone I have ever had to have a case on because of the way it feels. Love the screen, but I hate the edge (if that makes any sense). I don't need the note, but if the edge feels better I'll get it and give the S7E to my wife. The regular S7 was too small for me.

ActualMichael

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I think for that very reason, it's a dumb idea to make this device with the curved edges. It's going to be .2" larger than the S7 edge. While it will have the additional bonus of the pen, I think it's just way too similar of a product.

ActualMichael

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I think a phone the size of the note is really difficult to "learn how to use". It's just too large of a form factor to keep from bumping the screen's curved edge part. IMO, the edge display will make the new note almost impossible to use one handed.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Had a blast with my S6 Edge plus, which by the way, had a one handed mode for small hand people, as i'm sure the new Note will.

Posted via the Android Central App

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
All my Notes have been black and the devices prior to that have been black. The only non black phone I've owned was the T-Mobile G-1 which was a navy blue. I see no need to change now. Black Note 7 please.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep. 2 Edge devices and Note. Had an HTC 10 and returned it after a week. Never had much issue with any of the three, all excellent devices.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep. 2 Edge devices and Note. Had an HTC 10 and returned it after a week. Never had much issue with any of the three, all excellent devices.

Any reason why you returned the HTC 10? Like, perhaps it maybe not fitting your usage pattern as well as the S7?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The HTC 10 checked all of the boxes and runs really well. But it does nothing special that really makes it stand out from any other flagship. I was bored with it surprisingly quickly. I also found it hard to adjust to a smaller screen. Just not for me.

waynevidos

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have to say that I have really been looking forward to seeing renders of the Note 7. I must admit that I like what I see, despite the fact that only the edge screen variant will be available. Honestly, I was hoping for a flat screen Note, as I already have a Galaxy S7 edge. The main question I keep asking myself is if what I have seen justifies the upgrade.

We are still a month out from the official launch, but if the rumors are true, I will probably refrain from upgrading. The screen is only slightly bigger than the edge, and from my understanding of the rumors, it will have the same battery and camera. The only true upgrade I am seeing is in the RAM, which doesn't necessarily justify the upgrade, at least in my opinion as I am not really interested in the iris scanner. I really like Samsung products, but I am somewhat disappointed in the lack of differentiating factors between the S7 edge and the Note 7.

As much as I love my S7 edge, I really don't like the edge screen. I find that it gets in the way when I am trying to do things on my phone such as texting. I use SwiftKey, and I find that the edge gets in the way of some of the keys on the keyboard. Also, I would hardly consider myself to be a "gamer," but I do play Minecraft on my phone with my daughter sometimes. I find that the edge gets in the way of accessing my toolbox on the game. I was going to get my daughter an edge for her birthday, but she doesn't want it for the same reasons. She would rather have the standard Galaxy S7. With that said, if Samsung decides to launch a flat screen version on the Note 7, I'll be all over it. However, I won't be holding my breath.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
The HTC 10 checked all of the boxes and runs really well. But it does nothing special that really makes it stand out from any other flagship. I was bored with it surprisingly quickly. I also found it hard to adjust to a smaller screen. Just not for me.

I actually preordered the HTC 10 but cancelled at the last second.

I was afraid of something like the above happening to me and am glad I did cancel !

The screen real estate was a huge factor in me canceling and now I'm waiting for the Note 7

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think those are for the mics, and the noise cancellation feature. I hope I'm wrong.

The IR blaster is dead. I'm sorry to those who used it and loved it, but the reality is that it was an expensive part that added no significant value to the device for most people. Don't hate me for saying it. It just it. Thats another cut in the shell (that needs effectively sealed), its another piece of hardware, its more programming, a control chip, for a very small percentage of users. When dealing with a company willing to hack things like SD cards and removable batteries (both of which drive accessory sales to them), there is no way they bring back the IR Blaster. The SD card made the cut because it was by far the most complained about item. Even #2, the removable battery, isn't coming back.