Alleged Images Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, agreed. The S-Pen and the s/w functionality Samsung added to make use of it are the main reasons to get this. For me, I prefer "smaller" phones, around 5.2". Larger phones give better exerience when watching videos and web browsing but I always gave more weight to comfortable single-handed use.

My girlfriend has always had a Note since the first gen and I have always been impressed/jealous when she starts doodling, taking notes, annotating images and Google maps screenshots, and that's just scratching the surface. I've seen a video on Youtube where a user shows all the other functionality such as drawing charts etc. It's mind blowing... at least for me :)

So this time I'm going to try the Note 7 (coming from LG G2). Mainly because I'm learning Japanese language (casually, kind of a hobby) and would like to practice writing Kanji and also looking up meaning of unknown characters I come across. It's close to impossible with a finger.

Ah, a fellow Japanese learner! The s-pen is great for learning Japanese. Just make sure to add Japanese to the Samsung keyboard settings and you can write with the s-pen and the phone will recognize it and convert it. I am using a Note 4 now, but I do plan to upgrade to the Note 7 when it arrives! Can't wait. 頑張ってね!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah, a fellow Japanese learner! The s-pen is great for learning Japanese. Just make sure to add Japanese to the Samsung keyboard settings and you can write with the s-pen and the phone will recognize it and convert it. I am using a Note 4 now, but I do plan to upgrade to the Note 7 when it arrives! Can't wait. 頑張ってね!
Little off topic... What's the best way you're learning it? I want to learn it. Just not sure what program to use :(.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Little off topic... What's the best way you're learning it? I want to learn it. Just not sure what program to use :(.
Two of the languages (written) are phonetic so you can start with those and it's basically an alphabet. Obviously the spoken language is a whole different matter.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Two of the languages (written) are phonetic so you can start with those and it's basically an alphabet. Obviously the spoken language is a whole different matter.

Spoken would be my main goal versus reading / writing.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site

For a beginner I bought the following "Human Japanese" basic and intermediate level apps. I find them brilliantly written and well designed and what I Iearn actually sticks. There are many more apps though, some for general studying, some specifically for JLPT, others just act as a dictionary etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Brak%20Software&hl=en

ありがとう!I know Hiragana and Katakana pretty well now and have basic to intermediate level Japanese in all areas except the dreaded Kanji. I'm at a level now where I'd like to learn Kanji as it would be meaningful and interesting. As well as writing practice the S-Pen would make it considerably easier to lookup characters. I visit Japan quite often and I always try to read signs, menus, any reading material whilst I'm out and about, and many times I wish I could just lookup a character to find out the associated Hiragana writing so I know what the word is and it's meaning if I don't already know.

Don't care how expensive it is, I'm going to get one. I'll justify it (to myself) as an investment, an educational tool! ;)

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Note-7-TechDroider.jpg

A Clear photo leaked of an Black Onyx Galaxy Note 7. In the past all we have seen was some blurry pictures of it.

The Note 7 will be available in three colors namely Black Onyx, Silver Titanium and Blue Coral. I am hoping that all 3 colors are available in the United States by all carriers. I have been stuck between 2 Colors the Black Onyx and Silver Titanium. After seeing this photo I want the Black Onyx. With the Black Onyx's metal frame painted black it is something Samsung has never done in the past. This device looks great! Now that my choice of color has been decided, I am trying to wait patiently for the August 2nd Announcement!!! Take My Money Already!!!!!

Source

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Black Onyx looks HAWT!!!

Definitely going with that color. Samsung is on a roll with design recently. Hope they don't gimp the battery by making it thinner.

I'm pretty sure they might not, since the S7 has received nothing but praise for the benefits it got over the increase in thickness.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Flat-Note-7-Main.jpg

Although the leaker said that the Flat version will never see the light of day. With so many Flat prototypes showing up lately. I still think it is a slim chance of a Flat Note 7!

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Doubt we'll se (US) the coral blue color. Back when the Galaxy S5 was announced, lots of people had a ***** for that sapphire blue and we never got it. People were importing the back battery cover in the blue cover.