Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases

RS08

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Has Samsung thrown in a coupon with the Note 7 for their own site? In the past, I'd find a coupon code accompanying Samsung products and apply it to a 1st party case.

I suppose I'll find out soon enough. My Note 7 is slated for delivery for today. Just a little impatient to get something to protect as soon as possible.

I did not see one in the box yesterday.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just picked this Defender style case up at ATT. Great case and it actually protects the sides of the phone while at the same time the edge screen is still fully functional. doesn't have a screen protector.

Otherwise I recommend buying this case. I will probably pick up a Defender when it comes out but if I don't like the screen protector with it I'll just go back to this case.

https://www.tech21.com/en_us/evo-tactical-xt-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-7

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
o4XYcEa.jpg

Spigen Ultra Hybrid case. It's fantastic

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Has Samsung thrown in a coupon with the Note 7 for their own site? In the past, I'd find a coupon code accompanying Samsung products and apply it to a 1st party case.

I suppose I'll find out soon enough. My Note 7 is slated for delivery for today. Just a little impatient to get something to protect as soon as possible.

Nope, didn't get a coupon after I registered.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing many Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases on amazon (although most of them note that they will be in stock only in the beginning of august). Its a bit surprising to see so many cases out so early.

for now I'm going to go for the Spigen Rugged Armor Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Case. I have used this case on several other devices and It was good.
View attachment 233310

What case are you planning to get?

Got this case as well. But what I'm finding out I don't quite like is, if I rub my finger gently over the edge of the screen, the case pulls away from the screen.

Also doesn't seem to fully cover the edges completely.

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Supcase Unicorn Beetle right now. I will say it does not protect the sides of the phone well. I will be getting the Defender as soon as it comes out. Until then I might order Iblason armorbox since it looks a little better on the sides. Otherwise I will have to wait for Defender or the Tech21 has a new type of case that is their version of Defender. Until then I'll have to keep looking on Amazon and see if the stores carry anything better.

I got the iBlason case. It has me worried about the corner by the S-pen corner as it barely has any protection. The other corners are ok. Of the cases I have so far the Caseology Parrallax case has the most corner protection and highest lip on the top and bottom. As an added bonus it is not too thick and has a very nice soft texture on it. Buttons work nicely too. The iBlason has a more rugged look and has the kickstand. I have a few Orzly cases coming in a few weeks as well.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just picked this Defender style case up at ATT. Great case and it actually protects the sides of the phone while at the same time the edge screen is still fully functional. doesn't have a screen protector.

Otherwise I recommend buying this case. I will probably pick up a Defender when it comes out but if I don't like the screen protector with it I'll just go back to this case.

https://www.tech21.com/en_us/evo-tactical-xt-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-7

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5349047 this is the defender right?

seaweed

Banned
Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Speck candy shell grip from Speck's webite and I'm not very happy with it. Part of the speaker holes are covered (how is this acceptable), and the s-pen corner is left really unprotected.

I tried the Tech 21 case on at T-Mobile, but it doesn't fit the phone correctly at the bottom, so it wouldn't survive a face down drop from what I could tell. Store worker agreed and said that someone the first run of cases from Tech 21 don't fit properly.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a Speck candy shell grip from Speck's webite and I'm not very happy with it. Part of the speaker holes are covered (how is this acceptable), and the s-pen corner is left really unprotected.

I tried the Tech 21 case on at T-Mobile, but it doesn't fit the phone correctly at the bottom, so it wouldn't survive a face down drop from what I could tell. Store worker agreed and said that someone the first run of cases from Tech 21 don't fit properly.

Which Tech21? I bought the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT which is their new version of a Defender and the phone fits in it great and is protected on all sides. I assume you got one of their thin cases.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Which Tech21? I bought the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT which is their new version of a Defender and the phone fits in it great and is protected on all sides. I assume you got one of their thin cases.

I also just picked up the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT for the Note 7, thanks to your post Blues Fan. I swung by ATT after seeing your post. I pre-ordered the Otterbox Defender on Amazon because that is my trusted "go to" case for all my phones, but I just can't have my new Note 7 go naked in the interim. I agree that the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT seems like the next best substitute for the Otterbox Defender. My Tech 21 fits perfectly and looks like it will protect it just fine. The lip extends enough over the screen and edges, so I don't foresee any protection issues. I've never liked the built-in screen protector on the Otterbox Defenders (always removed them with a hairdryer and replaced with tempered glass screen protectors on prior phones). So in a way, the Tech 21 version might be a good substitute. I prefer the more grippy hand feel of the Defender over the Tech 21, so I still want the Defender for sure. But for now, this Tech 21 case fits the bill for me. Just wish it came in more colors (ATT store only had black) other than black and purple.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I also just picked up the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT for the Note 7, thanks to your post Blues Fan. I swung by ATT after seeing your post. I pre-ordered the Otterbox Defender on Amazon because that is my trusted "go to" case for all my phones, but I just can't have my new Note 7 go naked in the interim. I agree that the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT seems like the next best substitute for the Otterbox Defender. My Tech 21 fits perfectly and looks like it will protect it just fine. The lip extends enough over the screen and edges, so I don't foresee any protection issues. I've never liked the built-in screen protector on the Otterbox Defenders (always removed them with a hairdryer and replaced with tempered glass screen protectors on prior phones). So in a way, the Tech 21 version might be a good substitute. I prefer the more grippy hand feel of the Defender over the Tech 21, so I still want the Defender for sure. But for now, this Tech 21 case fits the bill for me. Just wish it came in more colors (ATT store only had black) other than black and purple.
So, do you have a screen protector on yours with the Tech21?

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
No screen protector on mine with the Tech 21 Evo Tactical. I'm waiting for my Defender and need to see how that built looks and feels before putting any separate screen protector on. I usually hate the Otterbox built in screen protectors, but the stock pictures make it look like sturdier plastic. But I could be wrong and it could very well be the flimsy, ill fitting built in screen protector. Won't know til I have the Defender in hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC