I've never bought an unlocked phone before but might consider it in the future so I don't get all the Tmobile bloatware and that added on but lets say I bought an unlocked Note 7 from best buy or Amazon. Can I simply take the SIM card out of my Tmobile S7 and pop it in the Note 7 and I'll have my same number still and everything, or would I have to go to Tmobile store and have them switch my number?
    07-13-2016 08:51 PM
    Can I simply take the SIM card out of my Tmobile S7 and pop it in the Note 7 and I'll have my same number still and everything?
    Yes, assuming that they have the same size SIM.
    07-13-2016 09:20 PM
    I've never bought an unlocked phone before but might consider it in the future so I don't get all the Tmobile bloatware and that added on but lets say I bought an unlocked Note 7 from best buy or Amazon. Can I simply take the SIM card out of my Tmobile S7 and pop it in the Note 7 and I'll have my same number still and everything, or would I have to go to Tmobile store and have them switch my number?
    Theoretically yes. But I'd be careful because unlocked doesn't necessarily always mean it'll work for that carrier.At my last job, I hurt a lot of feelings that way because the system wouldn't accept the SIM, even though phone was unlocked.
    07-13-2016 10:31 PM
    Yes. You can just swap SIM cards. I sold my S7 Edge recently and I just popped my SIM card into an unlocked AT&T Note 5. It's working like it should .
    07-13-2016 11:23 PM
    Yes. You can just swap SIM cards. I sold my S7 Edge recently and I just popped my SIM card into an unlocked AT&T Note 5. It's working like it should .
    Why would you downgrade from an S7e to a note 5??
    07-14-2016 01:54 AM
    Theoretically yes. But I'd be careful because unlocked doesn't necessarily always mean it'll work for that carrier.At my last job, I hurt a lot of feelings that way because the system wouldn't accept the SIM, even though phone was unlocked.
    What about the Galaxys sold at Best Buy and directly from Samsung that are unlocked? For example the unlocked S7 BB sells in the store says compatible with Tmobile for example.
    07-14-2016 01:59 AM
    What about the Galaxys sold at Best Buy and directly from Samsung that are unlocked? For example the unlocked S7 BB sells in the store says compatible with Tmobile for example.
    The unlocked S7 at BB was designed for the American market and will work with all major carriers.
    07-14-2016 06:55 AM
    Was thinking the same thing . But I own both and there so different. But I love both so . Maybe he didn't like the edge are something . What I don't understand is with all the demo phones at best buy to play with all day wouldn't you figure out by then if it's the phone for you

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-14-2016 09:40 AM
    Why would you downgrade from an S7e to a note 5??
    I don't see it was a downgrade really. The Note 5 is still a very capable device. I did it so I could sell my S7 Edge for the highest price I could get (versus waiting a month or so to sell it) .. and then I can get the Note 7 (most likely) .
    07-14-2016 10:59 AM
    The unlocked S7 at BB was designed for the American market and will work with all major carriers.
    You can buy it from Samsung directly too unlocked, but I'd rather buy it from BB in case there is something wrong with it I can go right to the store and exchange it. Target also sells unlocked phones too.
    07-14-2016 11:22 AM
    When do the unlocked ones hit the stores like Best Buy? Would I be able to buy it directly from Samsung faster? Do the unlocked versions perform any better since they don't have the bloatware like the carrier phones come installed with? That's the main reason I want an unlocked one instead of buying it from Tmobile.
    07-14-2016 03:08 PM
    When do the unlocked ones hit the stores like Best Buy? Would I be able to buy it directly from Samsung faster? Do the unlocked versions perform any better since they don't have the bloatware like the carrier phones come installed with? That's the main reason I want an unlocked one instead of buying it from Tmobile.
    It may take awhile. The S7/S7 Edge unlocked version was just released like .. two weeks ago I think? Took them awhile to start selling it.
    07-14-2016 03:41 PM
    Be sure to check if wifi calling and VoLTE will be supported. I believe they did work on the unlocked S7, but that was a problem with using unlocked phones with t mobile in the past.
    07-14-2016 03:44 PM
    Be sure to check if wifi calling and VoLTE will be supported. I believe they did work on the unlocked S7, but that was a problem with using unlocked phones with t mobile in the past.
    I might still end up buying it from Tmobile after all since I don't plan on switching from them and probably little cheaper than unlocked version. My Tmobile store takes forever though when you walk in because it's the only one in town. I assume I can just order it from them and have it shipped to my house and install the SIM card myself.
    07-14-2016 03:47 PM
    I might still end up buying it from Tmobile after all since I don't plan on switching from them and probably little cheaper than unlocked version. My Tmobile store takes forever though when you walk in because it's the only one in town. I assume I can just order it from them and have it shipped to my house and install the SIM card myself.
    If you're going to pay off the phone early then you can have T-Mobile unlock it. I paid off my S7 Edge within 2 days of getting it and then simply called them and told them to set my phone to allow unlock. Once they did I opened the "Device Unlock" app they include with their bloat and requested a permanent unlock... after that it was fully unlocked .
    07-15-2016 10:58 AM
    According to a thread in S7 forum, unlocked S7 for US doesn't support VoLTE (enhanced HD call) on at&t, which is kind of bummer to me. I hope unlocked Note 7 has that feature.
    07-15-2016 12:06 PM
    I think you should be fine in that case.
    07-15-2016 01:16 PM
    If you're going to pay off the phone early then you can have T-Mobile unlock it. I paid off my S7 Edge within 2 days of getting it and then simply called them and told them to set my phone to allow unlock. Once they did I opened the "Device Unlock" app they include with their bloat and requested a permanent unlock... after that it was fully unlocked .
    I buy my phones outright. I don't do that monthly payment BS since I use my parents plan. I hate having more bills.
    07-15-2016 06:10 PM
    I buy my phones outright. I don't do that monthly payment BS since I use my parents plan. I hate having more bills.
    Makes sense. I usually always pay it off early but sometimes will do it over 3 months or something to spread it out.
    07-15-2016 06:48 PM
    On these unlocked phones from BestBuy/Target, do they have any performance limitations as mentioned above?

How are Android updates and security updates handled? Do they still have to come from Samsung and then go through the carrier? Or are they like Nexus devices with updates available as soon as Google issues them? (GPE phones?)
    07-18-2016 01:27 PM