07-21-2016 02:21 PM
73 123
tools
    Agree, I'm considering purchasing one and running with it for the next year or two. Maybe the Note 8 will have a flat version and I'll jump back in.
    That...actually isn't a bad idea. Stop putting that in my head lol
    07-15-2016 10:24 AM
    It''s one of the most perfect phones I've ever owned. It will always be of of the toughest to beat in their line up.
    Add the Note Edge (Note 4 with an Edge panel) to that list also.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    07-15-2016 11:07 AM

Maybe for you but that may not be part of his list .
    PlaybookFanatic and libra89 like this.
    07-15-2016 11:21 AM
    CPU
    Snap Dragon or Exynos
    On this, I heard that Samsung had problems with their Snapdragon processors overheating which is why they didn't use them for the Note 5, even if you do get one with the Exynos chip, it will only be 200 Mhz faster than the S7, which isn't that much of a difference.
    The Snapdragon 810 v1 and the 820/821 are totally different animals.

Camera
    The camera on the Note 5 is 16mp/5mp. I know that they reduced the megapixels on the s7 and it is supposed to be better, but the camera will have 12-13/5 mp. There is no word yet on whether it will have optic stabilization.
    S7 Edge has the best camera in the industry - using it here or improving upon it makes it a marked step up from the competition. The Note 5, as of today, is tied for the 6th best on the market.
    07-15-2016 12:10 PM

Nah. Not part of my list. It was a nice phone in theory, but ended up being a pain for us seeking them and a headache with all the complaints. I'm glad you liked it though, but it doesn't make my list.
    07-15-2016 01:13 PM
    Maybe for you but that may not be part of his list .
    Bingo! LoL
    07-15-2016 01:13 PM
    ... The Note 5 is a great phone and I have no reason to upgrade other then for fun and because I can...

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I am a Note 5 user. I'll repeat what I mentioned in another post regarding this: For me as a Note 5 user, the improvements I get with a Note 7 are IP68, a bigger battery, improved camera, adding the SD slot back, and probably a nicer screen (Samsung always manages to improve).

That might not be enough for some, but it is plenty for me. I am super excited for the Note 7 ...
    07-15-2016 02:55 PM
    Since I wanted larger then gs7 or gs7edge, really hoping rumors are right on note7.
    I hate giving up removable battery, but think that's the future on most phones.
    I'm using /gs5.

Anyone go from samsung to LG?
    Think they still have removable battery. Don't know how they compare to samsung.

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    07-15-2016 04:01 PM
    I was one that had to have the Edge. Got it and the novelty soon wore off and I swapped with my Granddaughter. I would *love* to have the SD card slot again. One of the most stupid things they've ever done in my opinion is to do away with it.
    07-15-2016 04:45 PM
    I want to get the Note 7 yes. But if it only comes in a edge version I might stick it out with my Note 5. I just switched back to it from my OP3. Both great devices but the Note lines offer so much functionality. I'll reserve judgement until samsung unveils the in a couple weeks. My wife days I'll buy it but I'm not sure. Lol
    debdroid1a likes this.
    07-15-2016 05:00 PM
    can't really compare till its out...

64GB base storage plus SD storage is a big plus point and no doubt improved S pen features.
    07-15-2016 05:13 PM
    One aspect no one is talking about is the new Note UI, and how it will incorporate the new S-Pen.

To me this is potentially the most exciting aspect of this new Note, yet no one has mentioned it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-15-2016 05:57 PM
    Specs are far from the last word on performance. As was pointed out earlier, its not the MHZ is the way the power and architecture is structured. Also megapixels mean very, very little in terms of camera performance. Sure, a 12 is better than a 2. But the difference is reduced as the number gets larger. The step down in Megapixels is a great move. The pixels themselves are much larger on a 12 than on a 18. To put it another way the sensor on a phone is about 1/4 of an inch, the sensor on a DSLR can be 1 1/2 - 2 inches diagonal. Both of them being 18 megapixels... guess which one takes better photos. Its all a matter of balance, but in this case 12 megapixels is better than 18.

You cherry picked the "bad" items on your post, and left out some of the better items. A 3600 or 4000 mah battery is a huge improvement. Add in the built in inefficiencies that come from incremental improvements on memory, screen, and chip architecture, and the battery life should be a noticeable improvement.

One other point, the Note 7 is not intended to be a improvement over the S7, it is intended to compliment it, and extend the line via a different form factor option. This is part of the stated reason why they changed the naming and skipped the Note 6. Very few people will, or should dump their S7 for the newest note, just for an upgraded hardware. The 7 line comes in 4 versions, S7 Standard, S7 Edge, S7 Active and Note 7... all the same with different form factors.
    PlaybookFanatic and zoomis like this.
    07-15-2016 07:21 PM
    Excellent post! Not sure why more people don't get this.

07-15-2016 08:06 PM
    Why not wait for the official announcement to make a decision?
    Aquila likes this.
    07-16-2016 09:09 AM
    My reasons to upgrade; water resistance, bigger battery, increased storage.

calicocat2010 likes this.
    07-16-2016 09:45 AM
    Why not wait for the official announcement to make a decision?
    For some people, it's too hard to do, and they just love making up [removed by mod] based on rumors. You haven't seen anything yet and just wait til the official release to see the trolls come out of the woodwork.
    07-16-2016 11:18 AM
    I am still using the note 3 and can't wait for the note 7. I really wish they would put back the ir blaster
    cnotes63 likes this.
    07-16-2016 05:57 PM
    I know that's directed at the OP (and is something I would normally agree with), but personally speaking I've seen enough confirmed info to know it doesn't have what I want/value most in a Note and/or has things I despise (ex. sealed/embedded battery, glass back, edge screen) so I'm out even before it's officially announced. For the record, what would've gotten my attention was a refined version of a Note 4 with a larger flat screen (ex. 5.9").
    Samsung seems to be fully committed to the improvements they were able to do with the s6 and s7. They will lose a fringe over it but they've gotten a lot of praise for the new designs and performance. Regressing by two years isn't likely to happen. Luckily LG and a couple others are still offering removable this and that for the time being until they choose a direction of their own.
    07-16-2016 08:42 PM
    On that note, isn't it odd to be judging a phone based on unofficial information?

Nothing except the name is official.
    If people didn't judge everything on "unofficial information" we wouldn't have politicians.
    07-17-2016 11:49 AM
    I know that's directed at the OP (and is something I would normally agree with), but personally speaking I've seen enough confirmed info to know it doesn't have what I want/value most in a Note and/or has things I despise (ex. sealed/embedded battery, glass back, edge screen) so I'm out even before it's officially announced. For the record, what would've gotten my attention was a refined version of a Note 4 with a larger flat screen (ex. 5.9").
    But NOTHING has been confirmed outside of the shape and iris scanner. This is why these type of posts still exist. LOL
    07-17-2016 11:59 AM
    I went to Best buy last Friday to get a mini HDMI display port for my Surface pro 3 , and checked out the Samsung section. I held the S7 edge in my hands and it felt so good. I forgot to check out the keyboard as people say it's hard to use with the edge screen. I am really excited for the Note 7, but if the keyboard is not easy to use, I may stick with my Note 5.
    07-17-2016 06:02 PM
    I really would like to check out or even get the N7 if its not to expensive. I just got my S7 edge when that came out and i had the N4 before that. I'm on the jump program from T-Mobile and I eligible to upgrade now if I like. The only thing that's holding me back is the price. If its over $800 I'm out. But if it's around the $779 range I'll be thinking about it. That's the price I paid for my S7E. Only time will tell.

07-17-2016 06:52 PM
    I really would like to check out or even get the N7 if its not to expensive. I just got my S7 edge when that came out and i had the N4 before that. I'm on the jump program from T-Mobile and I eligible to upgrade now if I like. The only thing that's holding me back is the price. If its over $800 I'm out. But if it's around the $779 range I'll be thinking about it. That's the price I paid for my S7E. Only time will tell.

I can't imagine paying over 800 for a cell phone. I'm sorry but I got limits. I can buy a nice laptop with that kind of cash.
    speedlever likes this.
    07-17-2016 10:27 PM
    I'm guessing it's gonna be more than 800. It's coming with 64gb and a bigger screen, plus the spen. It's gonna have to cost more than the S7 edge.
    07-17-2016 10:46 PM
73 123